Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Bevin (R-KY SEN CAND) First Campaign Ad Against McConnell!

Matt Bevin (R-KY SEN CAND) First Campaign Ad Against McConnell!

It is quite good for a candidate who just started.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would say Mitch better step up his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I would say Mitch better step up his game.
    I disagree. I want Mitch, the narcissistic power hungry fascist to LOSE.

wow, they are already at each others throats this early? amazing.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I'd love to see Ron endorse Blevin. Game on!

I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

McConnell was essentially the right hand of George W. Bush, aiding and abetting his nonsense. Mitch is effed, anyway you look at it.

This is awesome. Hopefully Bevin will start getting specifc soon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People are going to be mad when Rand starts appearing in ads for McConnell.
    Last edited by Brett85; 07-24-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    People are going to be mad when Rand starts appearing in ads for McConnell.
    Many Kentuckians are already mad. If Rand was smart, he stay out of this one

Mr. Bevin's campaign rollout was very impressive. In addition to the ad, he already had signs, shirts, and buttons ready to go at his announcement. He also spoke well and handled press questions professionally. Contrast that to Rand's campaign, where we ended up with a state fair booth in 2009 and no campaign materials to distribute! So I'd say he's off to a good start. I think the ad needed a slightly different direction, but it's great that we're beginning an honest discussion of McConnell's record.

I still say Rand has a higher role.... strategically, the presidency would help us above all. Taking down senators and congressmen is a job for the grassroots!

It look like Matt's website is up and running. Is it just me, or does he sound a bit non-interventionist?? http://www.mattbevin.com
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

This is beginning to look like a win-win for Rand, with his mutual partnership with Mitch McConell already established this will only make him even more dependent on Rand. Even if Mitch wins, his own national recognition coupled with this added leverage on McCon. will give him the ability to further advance his ideas and legislation until atleast the mid-term elections.

If Rand can keep his momentum until the end of 2014, Id bet hes the sole frontrunner by 2015. Either way if he loses, he gains a more dependable ally in the senate.

he should be introducing himself a bit more instead of attacking at the outset..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    I disagree. I want Mitch, the narcissistic power hungry fascist to LOSE.

Just an observation..I'm not endorsing McConnell.

Foreign Policy

America has the strongest military in the world and we must keep it that way. But we cannot be reckless in how and where we use that strength. As a veteran, Matt personally appreciates how important this is. Before voting to send our soldiers to war, Matt will be guided by two key questions: Is it in our national interest and is it in keeping with our constitutional principles? Matt will oppose all engagements that do not meet these two fundamental criteria. Anything less is unfair to the soldiers who put their lives on the line and unfair to the taxpayers that pay the bills.

Matt will also fight to reform our broken foreign aid system that sends billions of taxpayer dollars to entities or countries that support terrorism and don’t enhance our interests. Finally, Matt will fight against any foreign treaty, such as the New START and LOST treaties, that weaken our sovereignty and appease our enemies

Mitch is a master when it comes to ads.

If I were in KY, I'd support Bevin in the primary and then McConnell in the general. Both would be useful allies in different ways.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    he should be introducing himself a bit more instead of attacking at the outset..
    You always respond to an attack in the medium in which you were attacked.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    He should be contrasting contrasting contrasting. That's what conservatives here want to see.

Guy's platform looks almost like a copy-paste of Rand's own, so he'll probably have my vote. Unless he's loaded with cash I'm not not sure what kind of chance he has, though.

We need to learn more about Matt Bevin candidacy, where he stands on the issues, and biography. If he is someone who can vote for in the Republican Primary and or donate whether or not you are in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by QWDC View Post
    Unless he's loaded with cash I'm not not sure what kind of chance he has, though.
    You're in luck. I believe he will be able to self-finance if he has to.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

No comments on the McConnell response ad?
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Found a somewhat extended web ad:
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Matt Bevin is light years better than that anti-Semitic nut Gurley Martin that some people round here support.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Matt Bevin is light years better than that anti-Semitic nut Gurley Martin that some people round here support.
    Gurley is a national treasure.

Gurley weighs in!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurley Martin Facebook
    The Day That "Campaign for Liberty" Endorses -> Matt BEVIN; So Will Gurley L.......
    But seriously, Gurley is a WWII vet who speaks his mind. I think we may not always get what he's saying. But he isn't accepting donations, and it definitely wasn't a campaign to win... Mr. Bevin brings resources, polish and a fighting chance.

Matt Bevin got approved to speak at Fancy Farm on August 3, and McC is robocalling supporters to attend. Looks like it will be a wild time. Ahhh, Kentucky is always the most exciting place to be in politics. Benton took the opportunity to get a statement in and support Gurley to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Denton
    "Our campaign calls on picnic organizers to invite additional Republican primary contender Gurley L. Martin to participate," Benton added. "We also call on the other three announced Democrats, Edward Marksberry, Bennie J. Smith, and Dr. Greg Leichty to be invited as well. We look forward to Fancy Farm, a wonderful Kentucky tradition." Source: WHAS11
    I think he's hoping to divide the anti-establishment vote, but I'm not sure it would work out like he thinks....

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    Matt Bevin got approved to speak at Fancy Farm on August 3, and McC is robocalling supporters to attend. Looks like it will be a wild time. Ahhh, Kentucky is always the most exciting place to be in politics.
    Fancy Farm is always wild

This one is my favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Fancy Farm is always wild

This one is my favorite...

The man knew how to give a speech alright... Rest in peace, Gatewood.

The first seven or so events were epic. Matt Bevin needs to continually tour the state and also tour the Kentucky Republican Party meetings throughout the state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast