Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: If we could buy 1000 acres or more, who would join us?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    A lot of the time, when there's no state income tax, the property taxes are pretty high. Property's nice though. I'll show it to Mark. Is that in the Cumberland Plateau area?
    Usually made up for in sales tax by the state , and property tax percentage by the state for the communities.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/10/bu...ates.html?_r=0

TN is below average on property taxes, but higher than CA....
    Last edited by Tod; 08-20-2013 at 02:58 AM.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Usually made up for in sales tax by the state , and property tax percentage by the state for the communities.
    That's why I like the idea of living in WY right on the MT border. WY = no income tax and MT = no sales tax. Work in WY and buy in MT best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I don't know but I think this is the property for you Deb.
    http://www.idahocountryproperties.co...stingID=123315
    No building codes in Idaho county Idaho.
    Voted for Ron Paul.
    Too bad I'm not a millionaire.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Not yet.
    might I make a suggestion then? I thought this was a very reasonable looking offer and there is plenty of land to go around. The area sits on top of an aquifer etc etc.. Worth checking out I think for purpose of the ideas in this thread.

http://arizonaland.com/sierra-highla...land-for-sale/

you are looking at parcels of around 40 acres, lowest priced parcels are 22.5k with owner financing 10% down 15 years, with potential for better rates etc with more down.

The other thing I was looking at to go along with this is the kit cabins. I liked this one in particular for the DIY nature of it keeping costs low, and because of the modular design allows for easy expansion down the road.

http://www.cabintek.com/log-cabin-kits-arizona.html

Too bad I'm not a millionaire.
    Get enough cohorts to buy in with you There is pretty well everything you need on that property. Potential for hydro power, farming, ranching, hunting, aquaculture, timber, Game, a lot of wild fruit and berries. I know that country pretty well.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

A lot of the time, when there's no state income tax, the property taxes are pretty high. Property's nice though. I'll show it to Mark. Is that in the Cumberland Plateau area?
    Property tax isn't high in Oklahoma. At least I've never heard anyone complain. I think they get you at the revenue office when you tag your vehicle. Its still not that bad compared to a lot of other states. And mineral rights are pretty much out of the question anywhere unless you have some deep pockets. There's a LOT of oil in Oklahoma.

Voted for Ron Paul.
    That is gorgeous. Hell, I might even change my mind if that was in my reach financially.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Voted for Ron Paul.
    I'm a fan of Idaho for relocation - particularly around Moscow.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    That is gorgeous. Hell, I might even change my mind if that was in my reach financially.
    Ya looks like you could easily live off trout and venison there.. and I've always thought it would be cool to have a bison ranch.

What are the rules about hunting on your own property "off season"? What is the reality of doing so?
    Last edited by dannno; 08-20-2013 at 04:02 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya looks like you could easily live off trout and venison there.. and I've always thought it would be cool to have a bison ranch.

What are the rules about hunting on your own property "off season"? What is the reality of doing so?
    You can't. However if you buy what are called sportmen tags you can hunt and fish anything in their seasons. They even have salmon and steelhead runs on the Clearwater river.
    Last edited by klamath; 08-20-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

if i buy, i wanna live next to danno so i can annoy him.

I have no rules about hunting on my property. I make the rules

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's why I like the idea of living in WY right on the MT border. WY = no income tax and MT = no sales tax. Work in WY and buy in MT best of both worlds.
    I worked with a couple of old crazy Cowboys from about those parts in the mid 80 's. They were both from the two States , but right across from ea other, they were pretty entertaining , solid guys in a pinch and both pretty good with a dollar and I imagine getting pd cash before I meet them . They never mentioned that , but, makes sense .

Hope to have contract done by mid September.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Launch pads, runways, facilities: NASA’s grand shuttle sell-off continues
    http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/...off-continues/

Earlier this week, NASA announced that two commercial space companies have placed bids on one of the mobile launch platforms at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The platform is one of three structures originally designed and built for Project Apollo back in the 1960s; the hardware was redesigned and refitted for use with the Space Shuttle in the late 1970s and was in use continually until the Shuttle program's end in 2010.

The two companies bidding on the launch platforms are Elon Musk's SpaceX and Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin. Both companies would use the platforms as part of their own rocket launch efforts, and both companies have their eyes set on far larger NASA assets: Launch Complex 39A.

Launch Complex 39, with its two pads (LC39A and LC39B), is NASA's largest and most sophisticated space launch facility. Like most of NASA's crown jewels, the site was constructed to support Project Apollo and repurposed into the Shuttle era. Pad 39A is the southern of the two and hosted 12 Saturn V launches and 80 shuttle launches; pad 39B was used for one Saturn V flight, 4 Saturn 1B flights, 53 shuttle launches, and the single Ares flight.

Since the start of Project Apollo, LC39 has been the only NASA facility used to launch astronauts into space. It has comprehensive support resources in place—refitting and processing buildings, the enormous Vehicle Assembly Building, fuel tankage, and all the other myriad systems required to support manned rocket launches. Combined with the site's enormous size, LC39 is prime commercial space launching territory, and both SpaceX and Blue Origin want in. SpaceX reportedly wants exclusive access to pad 39A, while Blue Origin wants to run the pad as a multi-tenant site.

Also being divested is the shuttle runway and Shuttle Landing Facility at the Kennedy Space Center. This particular asset is being brought under the control of Space Florida, a state-backed public/private partnership responsible for aerospace-related business development in Florida. In a conversation with Ars, a Space Florida spokesperson clarified that Space Florida isn't buying or leasing the runway but rather will assume control of it from NASA and will "manage its utilization."

There are several companies interested in using the Shuttle Landing Facility for operations. Although Space Florida is currently under NDA and could not disclose any names, indications are that companies are interested in it for a Virgin Galactic-style suborbital aircraft.

Space Florida is already heavily involved in the disposition of NASA's shuttle assets; they are responsible for the refit of Orbital Processing Facility 3 (which was used to maintain Shuttles between missions) for commercial use. They also manage two smaller launch sites at Cape Canaveral: Launch Complex 36 and Launch Complex 46.

NASA currently operates without a single operational man-rated spacecraft or launch vehicle. This will continue to be the case until at least 2017 when the Space Launch System is scheduled to make its maiden flight. If all goes according to schedule, SLS will then carry its first astronauts into orbit in 2021.

-t

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The last time I was over there I had to get my mom out of the path of a moose because she was just standing there as it was coming her way. There are plenty of moose there, wild turkey etc.. Unfortunately the elk population seems to have dropped due to the introduction of wolves.
    "The Patriarch"

Arklatex

I'm for the idea, there is strength in numbers - maybe make it quasi though, set up a network of liberty people/liberty communities to share goods thru the mail, it's barter and/or gifts from one to another. Set up a network of people all across the Country and Globe. Maybe use bitcoin =) Maybe have a monthly newsletter or blog, don't be overly paranoid methinks because there is nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    There are plenty of moose there, wild turkey etc..
    Wow, I've never even considered eating a moose before, I wonder what that's like.. (after a quick google I find out that Moose is actually a deer, and so its meat is called venison and is similar)

Wild turkey sounds fantastic.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Arklatex

This should be the #1 consideration when looking for property: Riparian Water Rights

Find a nice clean small river and have pristine water. So important - you'll be resistant to any droughts

Just bumping this up to see where everyone is at on this nowadays. I still want to do something but a legal issue with a family member has strained finances for now. Hubby still not really on board. Anyone else?

I love the idea, but I already have 15 acres--I'd buy in as an investment though.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Wow, I've never even considered eating a moose before, I wonder what that's like.. (after a quick google I find out that Moose is actually a deer, and so its meat is called venison and is similar)

I've had both, and both are good eating. Wild turkey is remarkably similar in taste to domestic turkey, but it looks different.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I wouldnt mind living in NC...my ancestors settled some areas there and its pretty country. Not sure about job situations. Unfortunately I am not able to retire yet.
    I would suggest South Carolina. The income tax rate in North Carolina is one of the highest in the country. Property taxes suck in my area near Charlotte, as we now pay a little over $4,000. per year. The only thing included in our property taxes is garbage pick up.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I would suggest South Carolina. The income tax rate in North Carolina is one of the highest in the country. Property taxes suck in my area near Charlotte, as we now pay a little over $4,000. per year. The only thing included in our property taxes is garbage pick up.
    Really? Wow I didn't know that but I do remembers housing being high last time I was there. If my dad hadn't sold his property he inherited I would have about 15 acres in the western part of the state.

My uncle bagged a moose on a small island in Canada...

Excellent meat.

Tax tag and title to get it back to the states with airline fees, puddle jumper fees, trail guide, lodging... etc...

$125/lb

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I'd rather be dead than live in a compound
    If it hasn't been said yet ...

"If it has a fence, then it's a 'compound'. If it has a basement, then it's a 'bunker'".

Perhaps something like the police/media pitbull ID chart is required.
    Last edited by The Free Hornet; 03-05-2015 at 12:46 AM. Reason: smrt phone

Bumpety...where be Deborah?

lot's of folks laying low. This is an old thread.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Looking at the news, yesterday, of the earthquake in San Diego, I said to my DH I sure hope Deb and her family are alright?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast