View Poll Results: What party should Adam Kokesh run as for his 2020 presidential campaign?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

3 11.54%
  • Democrat

3 11.54%
  • Libertarian

7 26.92%
  • Independent

1 3.85%
  • Start a new party (Voluntaryist?)

12 46.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What party should Adam Kokesh run as for his 2020 presidential campaign?

What party should Adam Kokesh run as for his 2020 presidential campaign?

For the pro-political action RPFers (vast majority) think of this as a chance to bring us agorists back into the political camp.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hes a fraud
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."
    - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Party is the wrong word. I wonder if anyone has copyrighted the name Republican Orgy?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

I don't see why this would bring anyone back into politics. The pursuit of political solutions is inherently pragmatic. There's no point in playing that game if it's not playing to win.

Quote Originally Posted by V4Vendetta View Post
    hes a fraud
    While I appreciate your healthy skepticism (to a point) I specifically didn't make a "don't run" option because I want to see the opinions of those who, like myself, believe his intentions are good.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I don't see why this would bring anyone back into politics. The pursuit of political solutions is inherently pragmatic. There's no point in playing that game if it's not playing to win.
    I dont want to rain on anybodys parade, but I'd consider a Kokesh for President campaign educational from the word go.

Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    I dont want to rain on anybodys parade, but I'd consider a Kokesh for President campaign educational from the word go.
    A presidential campaign can't be educational if it's a nonstory. He'd be more effective hiring a ghost writer and putting out a good book with his name on it.

Would love to see this if nothing for entertainment! Sticks & Twigs Party? Hahaha.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    A presidential campaign can't be educational if it's a nonstory. He'd be more effective hiring a ghost writer and putting out a good book with his name on it.
    Ron Paul did both, maybe Kokesh will do the same.

And Adams relative celebrity will help him gain at least some attention for any campaign.

hes a fraud
    someone who uses Guy Fawkes as a hero, i would say you are the fraud...hands down. Your credibility is a joke in here.

thanks for reading.

Yes...new party. The Tar Party.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Yes...new party. The Tar Party.
    Ok ill bite. Tar party? Like the Whiskey Rebellion link that came up when I googled it?

The party wouldn't matter. It's not like reps or dems would let him close to any of their stages so it'll be an educational campaign, which is what Ron's mostly were. I just don't think I'd invest any time or money for a Kokesh campaign because I'd fear it could likely be misused to enrich someone trying to become a celebrity rather than agenda.

Start a new party? Come on. Ballot access, people. Out of all the third parties only the Libertarians have a shot at all 50 states.

He wouldn't get the Libertarian nomination though, it might be close, but after several ballots he won't get it. He's going to face a lot of internal opposition from that party. The POTUS candidate is the face of the party, and most would rather not be associated with his colorful past. I like Adam, but I don't think he's that popular in the LP.

If he does follow through with his run, he should go Republican. Gotta work within the two-party system, no other option.

someone who uses Guy Fawkes as a hero, i would say you are the fraud...hands down. Your credibility is a joke in here.

thanks for reading.
    lol care to elaborate or is that vague description you gave supposed to inform me?
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox

Kokesh should run as a Communist

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Kokesh should run as a Communist
    you'd vote for him then right?...lol

lol care to elaborate or is that vague description you gave supposed to inform me?
    just odd that 'someone' uses a handle glorifying Guy Fawkes would be so critical of Adam Kokesh....

get it?

Only thing that might explain your confusion is you don't know who Guy Fawkes is, and most likely just uses the VENDETTA theme because its COOL.....

Kinda cute in an adolescent kind of way...

carry on oh great and powerful 'radical'...lol.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 07-20-2013 at 11:29 AM.

I'm tempted to say that he should start the Voluntaryist Party, but then again, I really would savor the opportunity to see him kick some neocon ass in the Republican debates.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I'm tempted to say that he should start the Voluntaryist Party, but then again, I really would savor the opportunity to see him kick some neocon ass in the Republican debates.

if only he could GET into any debates
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    if only he could GET into any debates
    If this guy was banned from Ron's own rally, he will definitely be banned from the debates.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post

I voted for Republican Party cuz I think that's how he'd get the most attention. Plus he's run as a republican before. But even I am doubtful he could get into the debates. Hope I'm wrong.

IIRC, Kokesh has already indicated that he will run as an independent.

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

I don't think he should run at all. Waste of time and his supporters pot money. Instead he should start his own reality show called "Dancing with the Tards". Now THAT he could at least be competitive in.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    I don't think he should run at all. Waste of time and his supporters pot money. Instead he should start his own reality show called "Dancing with the Tards". Now THAT he could at least be competitive in.
    wonkee-wanker #1. No wonkee-worries PatOne, Ron Paul supporters have a big tent...

Adam doesn't need your support anyway.

burp.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 07-20-2013 at 03:31 PM.

just odd that 'someone' uses a handle glorifying Guy Fawkes would be so critical of Adam Kokesh....

get it?

Only thing that might explain your confusion is you don't know who Guy Fawkes is, and most likely just uses the VENDETTA theme because its COOL.....

Kinda cute in an adolescent kind of way...

carry on oh great and powerful 'radical'...lol.
    Adam Kokesh is a undercover federal Agent!!
    I am well aware Of Guy Fawkes.... and his thoughts and actions, However I am protestant and would not agree with his ideology about Catholicism.
    Each person that gives Kokesh a split second of thought has completely wasted their time on earth. He is a complete fraud

Why would he run against President Rand Paul?

You forgot to post the "GFYSP"
    GO F*** YOURSELF PARTY

I like Kokesh but there's no way he'd ever come close to winning. He wouldn't even be nearly as successful as Ron Paul. Kokesh is a radical. I am too, of course, but the majority of Americans aren't. Most people think that even if the laws are bad they should still be enforced because inexplicable reasons. And as such, they will hate Kokesh. This likely includes some RP supporters, for better or worse.

I'm not sure Adam is really cut out for politics. I'm a fan, but I don't think that's his thing. If he were to run, LP would probably be the least bad option.

What's an agorist?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

For the record, I'd vote for Adam. I'm questioning his chances of even being considered (Which isn't the same as being supported) by 80+*% of the population. I'd still vote for him in a heartbeat. I'm in the tiny percentage of people that is actually awake.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast