Thread: Rod Blum (R-IA 1 Candidate) Meets w/ Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)

Rod Blum (R-IA 1 Candidate) Meets w/ Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)

Rod Blum ‏@BlumforCongress 3m
    Great conversation this morning with @SenRandPaul about stopping #Obamacare pic.twitter.com/eV6ZZZ9yAY
    Endorsement coming soon???

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    <<<Really excited by this race and super impressed with how this guy can self fund raise thus far.

Rand has been meeting a lot of candidates recently. He met Richard Cash (guy who's primarying Graham) and Champ Edmunds (Montana Senate candidate) too.

Rand has endorsed a lot of neocons, nothing really to see here. I know this Blum guy took a picture with Tom Woods when he was doing his book tour in Iowa and is against the internet tax, but is that really enough to be able to call him a liberty candidate? He also considers that nut case Steve King a "good friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    Rand has endorsed a lot of neocons, nothing really to see here. I know this Blum guy took a picture with Tom Woods when he was doing his book tour in Iowa and is against the internet tax, but is that really enough to be able to call him a liberty candidate? He also considers that nut case Steve King a "good friend."
    Can you remind me of these neocons Rand has endorsed? I can't recall any, other than McConnell and Romney, and even they weren't really neocons per se.

Blum is definitely a liberty candidate. He has lots of Ron Paul people on his staff and has good positions on civil liberties.
    Last edited by compromise; 07-19-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Ron's endorsed more neocons than Rand has, believe it or not.

He also considers that nut case Steve King a "good friend."
    Sanford and Graham are "good friends" as are Ron and Kucinich, and the Pauls and Romneys. I wouldn't look too far into that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think you're thinking of Peter King, the nutball from NY that's been puffing his chest er I mean belly out at Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I think you're thinking of Peter King, the nutball from NY that's been puffing his chest er I mean belly out at Rand.
    If he was friends with Peter King that would be a problem lol.

I understand you lean more to purism, but Rep. Steve King is pretty decent on fiscal issues, fights the establishment and has angered Boehner a lot, and is strong on immigration. A little weak on foreign policy/civil liberties, but I personally consider him more on the "non-establishment" side than establishment.

Thus, I don't see a problem with him being friends with Steve King. I have a lot of friends I don't agree with 100% (a lot of them I almost agree with them on nothing).