Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul supporters lose Clark County GOP (Nevada)

Ron Paul supporters lose Clark County GOP (Nevada)

Clark County Republicans pick McKeon as their new chairman

Clark County Republicans voted Wednesday for a new chairman, choosing the GOP establishment pick David McKeon over Cindy Lake, a Ron Paul supporter who helped take over the organization last year.

The contentious election drew a lot of attention from more than 600 voting members of the county GOP, who decided the race that will determine the direction of state Republicans’ largest local party ahead of the 2014 elections.

McKeon won with 319 votes compared to 276 for Lake.

McKeon said he was pleased by the turnout, which showed GOP yearning for fresh leadership.

“I’m happy for the party,” McKeon said. “I’m happy that we had a great turnout. I’m going to start building this party up to start winning elections. ... This is how the party should be working.”

He said he already had met with leaders in the Hispanic and Asian communities. He also said that he plans to work with Lake despite their differences.

Lake said she’s worried about the direction of the party, but wanted to stay involved.

“I plan on working with all of you, if you’ll have me,” Lake told the gathering.
    David McKeon is the son of California Congressman Buck McKeon and Chair of the House Armed Services Committee.

More:
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/el...r-new-chairman

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So is this the real Nevada GOP or the Team Nevada GOP that used to be the GOP until the GOP old guard didn't win and so they just created a shadow party to get their boy Romney into office?

Are they the real GOP again now that they're back in power?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    So is this the real Nevada GOP or the Team Nevada GOP that used to be the GOP until the GOP old guard didn't win and so they just created a shadow party to get their boy Romney into office?

Are they the real GOP again now that they're back in power?
    We controlled the state and Clark County (largest county in Nevada) GOPs. The establishment created a shadow party to bypass the two entities we controlled but now they won back Clark County GOP. I don't think we control the Chairmanship at the State GOP anymore either.

Frankly, I'm not surprised. The establishment lives and breathes politics, our people are mostly noobs that take inspiration to turn out and do things and precisely why every state and local party isn't under our wing. That said, getting ~45% of the vote in an off season is still pretty decent despite the end result being a loss. Of course, the second you start calling yourselves "Ron Paul supporters" you're going to alienate and/or help the establishment alienate people away from you. Same can be said about the counties in IA where we lost in the near past. Starting from scratch under a constitutional conservative coalition is a more appropriate and winning gig. Network on the issues of the day that Rand is winning on not necessarily under his or Ron's name only. When you're known as the Ron Paul group you immediately are rejected by those that have past issues with the name even if the majority of issues are agreed upon. just sayin.. It worked for several congressional districts here in MI and now we have many whole districts where the chair is one of us and a plethora of district and state comm people to show for it.

To be somewhat fair the opposition was backed by a lot if establishment players. They even paid some people to show up to the past two meetings to be eligible for the final vote. The establishment wanted this cry badly and they won. At least it wasn't by two votes like it was here in Los Angeles and in Miami dads county as well

$#@! it if these useless idiots calling themselves liberty movement can't be bothered to show up and vote. Why are the rest of us busting our balls? I am done with this $#@! for a while. No use trying to make headway by sacrificing precious family time, if the rest of them can't show up and maintain the gains.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    $#@! it if these useless idiots calling themselves liberty movement can't be bothered to show up and vote. Why are the rest of us busting our balls? I am done with this $#@! for a while. No use trying to make headway by sacrificing precious family time, if the rest of them can't show up and maintain the gains.
    I agree with you lib3rtarian. I am simply heart and mind broken over last night. Cindy lost by a whopping 43x votes despite all the efforts and shenanigans of the establishment. There was a time that no matter what they tried we were too strong in numbers. It is shameful how many people did not show up and let us be destroyed. The chair was only the top loss. We also lost every single other seat. To think of all the time, effort, sacrifice, and money wasted to literally watch it all slip away. The one upside for most here is that you did not have to bear the smug faces and grins of the dead brained zombies that have no idea what they are supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by hkbrandt View Post
    I am simply heart and mind broken over last night. Cindy lost by a whopping 43x votes despite all the efforts and shenanigans of the establishment. There was a time that no matter what they tried we were too strong in numbers. It is shameful how many people did not show up and let us be destroyed.
    What happened? Was there an organizational effort in place to contact people and get them to show up? Did people say they were going to show up and didn't? Did all the same people from 2012 show up and we were just outnumbered this time?

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    What happened? Was there an organizational effort in place to contact people and get them to show up? Did people say they were going to show up and didn't? Did all the same people from 2012 show up and we were just outnumbered this time?
    And why do you think we get outnumbered? Because people don't show up. It's true for NC and it's true for NV.

Is the Liberty movement becoming a bowel movement?

And why do you think we get outnumbered? Because people don't show up. It's true for NC and it's true for NV.
    We lost our state chair up here by ~80 votes and were outspent 30-1 yet it was obvious from the county conventions that people didn't show and probably didn't realize how important it was, my brother included despite having spent ample time discussing it with him. It really opened my eyes about the spectrum of people in this movement, which isn't a bad thing. We're making progress overall but I can feel for those in NV that won in such a situation in the past during the official campaign which inevitably wouldn't hold the next round when the less-than-in-the-know-diehards wouldn't show and most realistic people realized that the establishment made it their jobs to turn folk out because of those Ron Paul people. Let's face it, even people that love Ron Paul and pay close attention to how $#@!ed this country is becoming aren't properly steered in the right direction and it takes constant positive pressure for them to see the big picture and that's why it's important to have year round C4L meetings in your local area where you retain people to be engaged while growing your org as well and this is what keeps people intact and ready to mobilize. We can't expect the medium-info-Paul voters to just show up for something, we have to stay active and engaged on the issues and some of them or similar issue allies will come along and that will be extra payoff going forward. rinse and repeat, don't quit, stay focused and never stop. In reality, this lifestyle is barely a hobby in terms of how much effort and money is expended. Don't set oneself up for failure and always realize that things may not go your way in any particular situation, that way you won't want to slit your wrists on the losing side to an expended effort.

With Rand's progress Im not so sure we actually need to control chairmanships. Even the rank-and-file are starting to like Rand very much. Remember the big picture.

The fact that we STILL make elections this close (Gunny's is another example) goes to show that we aren't going anywhere and our numbers continue to grow. As an above poster stated, we have bigger numbers in election years than off years. We will turn out our people when it really matters. Remember the big picture.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-19-2013 at 01:34 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

We will find out how far we have come in the next election. It will be very telling.

We still have a long way to go I think. A problem I see coming is who is after Rand? Hopefully Rand wins but what if he doesn't? A lot of Ron Paul supporters are not going to become delegates at all unless there is a liberty speaking libertarian /republican running for the republican party. Like me. I will not vote for another Neocon statist prick!...That's it!...I'll be switching to the libertarian party if that happens..."William Wallace will not be ruled! Nor will any scot where I live!!!" HA

Off year....time to relax and prepare for the big fight on the horizon. This is not the end of the world.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aren't you doing the same thing you're criticizing other for doing: throwing in the towel? I know Paul supporters tend to be young people so there's this immediate gratification sentiment bubbling underneath the surface. This is going to be a war of attrition with the corrupt establishment.

I don't know man. The party loves me and people like me, where I live. Of course, I've never tried to take over, nor would I. We like the rules as they are where I live. If we were in charge, it would just be a big use of our time that is better spent getting people elected and working the legislative process. Why don't people just get along as a party and work towards positive change together? I don't see the point in feuding with the state GOP and the state Democrats. The politics stuff isn't that hard as long as you don't try to over complicate things and you put the time in, and have the ability to find a lot of people to back freedom stuff.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-19-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I really hope this had nothing to do with people leaving the GOP to join the Libertarian Party. That's all I will say.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (again). We're really good at stacking conventions and making it look like there's more of us than there are. If we were a SEAL team deployed deep into enemy territory, we'd have the enemy standing like a deer in headlights, accomplish the objective, and then high-tail it out of there amidst a hail of cover fire after we get what we want.

However, we're not going to win a toe-to-toe fight. We need to break the media/establishment mental stranglehold over mainstream GOP members if we have any chance in hell of holding a majority long-term. For example, they control the dialogue. When a son of an establishment Republican can win a seat and immediately claim "change", and GOP rank-and-file don't realize they just came full-circle and put the establishment back into power, the irony is sickening.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-19-2013 at 07:15 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    However, we're not going to win a toe-to-toe fight. We need to break the media/establishment mental stranglehold over mainstream GOP members if we have any chance in hell of holding a majority long-term.
    Well, that's not going to happen by talking about vaccines at the Daily Paul and leaving the GOP to join a joke of a party which is a failure by design.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    With Rand's progress Im not so sure we actually need to control chairmanships. Even the rank-and-file are starting to like Rand very much. Remember the big picture.

The fact that we STILL make elections this close (Gunny's is another example) goes to show that we aren't going anywhere and our numbers continue to grow. As an above poster stated, we have bigger numbers in election years than off years. We will turn out our people when it really matters. Remember the big picture.
    This.... Rand is much more like-able by the rank and file as I have witnessed personally where I work. My office is FULL of rank and file Republicans.
    The ideas of economists and political philosophers both when they are right and when they are wrong are more powerful than is generally understood. Indeed, the world is ruled by little else. Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Well, that's not going to happen by talking about vaccines at the Daily Paul and leaving the GOP to join a joke of a party which is a failure by design.
    What a shame that that once great site has become a cesspool.

Yeah, but you gotta admit it's a pretty damn close decision on whether it would be quicker to let the GOP die or try to take it over.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well said. The Daily Paul has jumped the shark. There's zero activism of merit I see there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Well said. The Daily Paul has jumped the shark. There's zero activism of merit I see there.
    in colorado we are just nullifying both parties, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...21#post5132821
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

I see our movement or the movement that began from Ron, as more of a beginning cycle of waves and currents coming onto a beach. At first it was a ripple. Then a wave, next will be a tidle wave, and from there it should be a monsoon

Where do you get off criticizing an election that I assume you did not play a role in? Look, sometimes you're, and run with me on this one, not going to always have the majority. We push, they push back harder, we push back even harder and go back and forth. I've said it multiple times, this is a battle over the future of the Republican Party and there are going to be losses. This won't be the last time the liberty movement loses a battle, but don't just throw in the towel and start pointing fingers. I've followed Lake's work via her Facebook page and they worked damn hard through campaigning and sending a message to the Clark County Republican Party. So they, as the rest of us, busted their balls and still lost. Not the end of the world and Lake herself said she's not going to stop doing what she's doing. If you're done with this for awhile, then be my guest, but don't get on a soap box and call people useless idiots when they're willing to fight another day instead of being 'done with this $#@! for a while,' as you put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Where do you get off criticizing an election that I assume you did not play a role in? Look, sometimes you're, and run with me on this one, not going to always have the majority. We push, they push back harder, we push back even harder and go back and forth. I've said it multiple times, this is a battle over the future of the Republican Party and there are going to be losses. This won't be the last time the liberty movement loses a battle, but don't just throw in the towel and start pointing fingers. I've followed Lake's work via her Facebook page and they worked damn hard through campaigning and sending a message to the Clark County Republican Party. So they, as the rest of us, busted their balls and still lost. Not the end of the world and Lake herself said she's not going to stop doing what she's doing. If you're done with this for awhile, then be my guest, but don't get on a soap box and call people useless idiots when they're willing to fight another day instead of being 'done with this $#@! for a while,' as you put it.
    Here Here!

I'm going to play devil's advocate here, but at least one member of the CCRP did something that (as an outsider looking in with no local knowledge), seemed designed to poke the establishment in the eye with no clear goal to be achieved.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/ral...uing-ron-paul/

Of course when you piss someone off, they will fight back. Here in MN much of the reason the liberty folks fought to take over local parties was because they were treated so poorly in 2008. And one of the only times our great Senate nominee, Kurt Bills, got any influx of money was when the guy who tried to primary went after Ron Paul hard.

It's blowback, a concept we understand well. And outside looking in, it looks like the liberty folks in the Clark County GOP got it.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast