Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul mocks Liz Cheney’s Senate bid

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The last thing this country needs is another Cheney in office.

Didn't we go down this road with Ashley Judd? The joking part, I mean. Also, is Mike Enzi any good? Name doesn't ring a familiar bell to me, so unsure whether Paul is trying to make an ally here.
    Last edited by Mr.NoSmile; 07-16-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Didn't we go down this road with Ashley Judd? Thejoking part, I mean. Also, is Mike Enzi any good? Name doesn't ring a familiar bell to me, so unsure whether Paul is trying to make an ally here.
    I don't usually advocate voting for the lesser between two evils, but when a Cheney is involved, I choose the other one.

To the person who commented via reputation

so it only takes a cheney to get you to sell out your principles, good to know
    my response: not at all. Voting against a Cheney is fully keeping within my principles. Having another Cheney in office is about the worst thing that could happen to this country at this point in time. (In my opinion.)

Jeepers. Mike Enzi is the guy who worked on the internet sales tax for 20 freaking years, and is finally on the verge of getting it passed. And the GOP managed to find a candidate that I like even less. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Didn't we go down this road with Ashley Judd? The joking part, I mean. Also, is Mike Enzi any good? Name doesn't ring a familiar bell to me, so unsure whether Paul is trying to make an ally here.
    He isn't good. He is an average Republican Senator like Jeff Sessions and a bunch more. For example, Rubio is a step up on the good side.

Sen. Mike Enzi is a 70% according to this Freedom Index.
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedomindex/

That puts him around the same percentage as these folks:
    Sen. Dean Heller - 72%
    Sen. James Inhofe - 71%
    Sen. Jefferson Sessions - 70%
    Sen. Kelly Ayotte - 70%
    Sen. Daniel Coats - 70%
    Sen. John Cornyn - 68%
    Sen. Bob Corker - 67%
    Sen. Mike Johanns - 67%
    Sen. Michael Crapo - 67%
    Sen. Patrick Toomey - 67%
    Sen. John McCain - 64%
    Sen. Lindsey Graham - 63%
    Sen. Richard Shelby - 63%
    Sen. Jerry Moran - 63%
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    He isn't good. He is an average Republican Senator like Jeff Sessions and a bunch more. For example, Rubio is a step up on the good side.

Sen. Mike Enzi is a 70% according to this Freedom Index.
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedomindex/

That puts him around the same percentage as these folks:
    That's not good company to be in...but I wonder how Ms. Cheney would rank. It really does sound like bad vs. worse.

So this literally sounds like a lesser of two evils since both sound bad according to folks on here.

Both are bad but like I said in the other thread, Enzi is bad but harmless and quiet, whereas Liz will put forth her disastrous foreign policy/civil liberties ideas on a daily basis.

Enzi is much less bad than Cheney. Having the spawn of Satan in the Senate is bad for America.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Jeepers. Mike Enzi is the guy who worked on the internet sales tax for 20 freaking years, and is finally on the verge of getting it passed. And the GOP managed to find a candidate that I like even less. Unbelievable.
    I think as Rand's comments indicate, it's more so Cheney finding a race to run in, rather than the GOP seeking her out as a candidate.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Enzi is actually alright on civil liberties (opposes infinite detention and domestic drones), but bad on fiscal issues.

That being said, he's far better than Cheney, a neoconservative who will be part of the Rubio/Ayotte/Cotton club.

I can't wait until we can kick Ayotte and Rubio out. I'll support any Democrat over those two, just like I'll support pretty much any incumbent Republican over a Cheney.

The axis of evil must be destroyed, one by one (right now I'd say it's Graham/McCain/Ayotte/Schumer). Without the axis, Paul will have more sway in moving the Senate in the right direction.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 07-17-2013 at 04:41 AM.
    Trump hates liberty.

The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    great, a high tax republican.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cheney's husband is Phillip Perry. He was appointed by Bush as General Counsel for the DHS. Not that you needed any more reasons to vote against a neocon, but these people are the neocons of neocons!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    I can't wait until we can kick Ayotte and Rubio out. I'll support any Democrat over those two, just like I'll support pretty much any incumbent Republican over a Cheney.

The axis of evil must be destroyed, one by one (right now I'd say it's Graham/McCain/Ayotte/Schumer). Without the axis, Paul will have more sway in moving the Senate in the right direction.
    Kick Rubio out? if his voting record hold, he will be 1 of the top Republicans in the Senate. He was elected as a Tea Party Republican and so far has a decent voting record. Ayotte is an average Republican in the Senate, so far.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I don't usually advocate voting for the lesser between two evils, but when a Cheney is involved, I choose the other one.
    Pretty much. I would include the Bush family as well.
    Last edited by Cap; 07-17-2013 at 06:10 AM.
    ClydeCoulter on the Liberty Movement:
    Yeah, they'll argue over roads and religion, but there are certain themes that bind, among those are freedom and the search for truth and justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Kick Rubio out? if his voting record hold, he will be 1 of the top Republicans in the Senate. He was elected as a Tea Party Republican and so far has a decent voting record. Ayotte is an average Republican in the Senate, so far.
    Rubio is liberal on the issue that matters most - immigration. Even if you're welcoming of immigrants, you must realise that these Mexicans will vote for more welfare programs and raise the taxes to pay for them. Giving them citizenship is a terrible, disastrous idea in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Enzi is actually alright on civil liberties (opposes infinite detention and domestic drones), but bad on fiscal issues.

That being said, he's far better than Cheney, a neoconservative who will be part of the Rubio/Ayotte/Cotton club.
    Do you ever look to see how someone voted on the PATRIOT Act before you declare them "right on civil liberties"?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Do you ever look to see how someone voted on the PATRIOT Act before you declare them "right on civil liberties"?
    I was aware that Enzi supported the Patriot Act, hence why I said "alright", not "right". There is a huge difference in connotations between those two words.

Alright = Average = Ok = Passable

Right = Correct = Good

Never heard of MIke Enzi so he's automatically better than Liz Cheney.

I was aware that Enzi supported the Patriot Act, hence why I said "alright", not "right". There is a huge difference in connotations between those two words.

Alright = Average = Ok = Passable

Right = Correct = Good
    Voting for the PATRIOT Act is not "alright" or "OK" IMO.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They both are RNC. That's really all that matters. Thanks to Rands great strategy he has lined the reps pockets with gold and a fresh strategy.

People like mcconnell know we are not coming after them, and this is all a joke. The end. Just a bunch of wasted time.
    Paradoxes most commonly on display: Both parties are controlled - so let's join them! Politicians are liars - so let's praise them when they lie on our behalf! Let's end the fed - unless it means actually doing it! Let's expose the system - Just not when it can hurt our guys! Let's us have integrity and principles - unless it's election time!(24/7/365) Face palm.

sometimes a family legacy is just worth destroying because you want them to know their brand of politics/policies is unwanted in this country..

especially for self alleged leaders like liz cheney who thinks she's leading the charge with an attitude, or leading anything at all. Taking down highly visible personalities and statesmen in neoconservatives is important, just like taking down mccain. Going after the leader is better than a minion. Enzi is more like a minion in this case.

say, liz cheney in that politico pic looks almost 10 years younger than all the recent fox news appearance ive seen her in. or is it just a god knows how much amount of powder up on her face. and out of some 2 dozen involuntary viewing of her appearance i have not once seen her smile. politico whores managed to find both a young looking and a smiling picture of her. great job politiho

apparently beltway geniuses are really gearing up for a woman in the white house. they really think that's the way to go, for whatever reason, laugh out loud, for 2016. another bush/cheney 2016 is getting kind of painfully obvious. question is i'm not sure why beltway geniuses think that matchup has a chance. if not, why the rush of getting another cheney in now before the next presidential election. they really think the gender card is a one card for all panacea
    Last edited by jtstellar; 07-17-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingpointes View Post
    They both are RNC. That's really all that matters. Thanks to Rands great strategy he has lined the reps pockets with gold and a fresh strategy.

People like mcconnell know we are not coming after them, and this is all a joke. The end. Just a bunch of wasted time.
    The RNC officially endorsed Enzi. Rand will ensure she will get no grassroots support. This will become neoconservative Waterloo.

It is odd that many of the so called purist are willing to acquiesce to the lesser of two evils strategy when its Mike Enzi v Liz Cheney, but rejected such an argument when it was Ted Cruz v David Dewhurst.

The odd part is that Cruz is way way way way better than Dewhurst and Enzi is only way better than Cheney.

Rand Paul mocks Liz Cheney’s Senate bid
    The article title is divide and concur propaganda. It's meant to take support away from Rand, not take support away from Liz.

The great unwashed, less knowledgeable GOP base still thinks that Cheney was "good".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

His stand on the internet tax is wrong. On the other hand, he voted against TARP and the Bush/Obama fiscal stimulus plans. How many Republicans did that?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast