Thread: DOJ ASKS CIVIL RIGHTS GROUPS, GENERAL PUBLIC

DOJ ASKS CIVIL RIGHTS GROUPS, GENERAL PUBLIC

DOJ ASKS CIVIL RIGHTS GROUPS, GENERAL PUBLIC FOR 'TIPS' ON ZIMMERMAN

On Monday afternoon, the US Department of Justice appealed to civil rights groups and the general public across the country for “tips” on George Zimmerman in their pursuit of potential federal civil rights charges against the just-acquitted defendant in the Trayvon Martin killing. The DOJ actually went so far as to set up an e-mail address to allow such tips: Sanford.florida@usdoj.gov. The email address is slated to go operational by the end of the week.
    Barbara Arnwine, president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law told the Orlando Sentinel that the DOJ had held a Monday conference call “calling on us to actively refer anyone who had any information” that would help build a case against Zimmerman. "They said they would very aggressively investigate this case,” Arnwine stated.
    According to Arnwine, the call began at 3:30 p.m. with Tom Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the United States DOJ, and representatives of the FBI on the line. Several prosecutors joined the call, too.
    Arnwine listed off other organizations represented on the call, including the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, the ACLU, and several “human relations” groups.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...call-Zimmerman

So much for Double Jeopardy.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Robert Zimmerman to DOJ: Stop the 'Witch Hunt'...

SO, if Geroge Zimmerman killed a black kid, but was not found guilty of a hate crime.....HE's A WITCH!!!

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

Ah.
    Nothing says "justice" quite so well as a kangaroo court.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Double jeopardy doesn't really apply, but it's still $#@!ed up. I feel terrible for the guy. I wonder if he's thinking about leaving the country? I would be. I bet he knows at least some spanish and could start up a new life down in south america
    Last edited by brandon; 07-16-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Double jeopardy doesn't really apply, but it's still $#@!ed up. I feel terrible for the guy. I wonder if he's thinking about leaving the country? I would be. I bet he knows at least some spanish and could start up a new life down in south america
    I disagree.I think that trying Zimmerman for anything having to do with his encounter with Martin after a State Court found him not guilty violates the Fifth Amendment proscription against double jeopardy.

I thought the exact same way after the O.J. Simpson trial.Should the State or the Feds be able to charge him with Assault and Battery now and then Simple Assault when that fails?I feel the same way about them charging Zimmerman with violating Martin's civil rights.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapmo View Post
    SO, if Geroge Zimmerman killed a black kid, but was not found guilty of a hate crime.....HE's A WITCH!!!

But only if he weighs the same as a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    But only if he weighs the same as a duck.
    Of course. Thats a given. As long as its a mexican white duck.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why doesn't this $#@! just leave the country, and quick?