Thread: Rand Paul has NOT endorsed Lamar Alexander

Rand Paul has NOT endorsed Lamar Alexander

Rand Paul has NOT endorsed Lamar Alexander!

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...t-endorsement/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can RANDPAC run an ad in Tennessee claiming Lamar has misrepresented him?

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I don't see why he would do that.

Rand should just bide his time and then endorse Lamar's opponent.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I would never endorse a person that worked hard to create a state income tax (he even failed at that) unless he did several amazing things to make up for it. Since Sen. Alexander has been voting the wrong way a great deal of time and never tried to make up for his great effort to massively increase taxes, I'm not going to endorse him. Heck, he just tried to increase the sales tax in not just TN, but also in 47 other states! Let's hope he fails to increase sales taxes in 48 states and the decides he doesn't want to run again.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I don't see why he would do that.
    To make an example out of him while also weakening him.

To make an example out of him while also weakening him.
    Why would Rand attack another Republican senator during his reelection race? That is just asking for trouble.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Glenn a registered Republican?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/15/ra...n-endorsement/

Rand Paul appeared in an ad for Tennessee Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander, but don’t confuse that with an endorsement, the Kentucky Republican senator’s aides told the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

“The footage that Sen. Alexander’s campaign is using is from a public press conference in regards to a bill they both co-sponsored,” spokesman Sergio Gor told the Chattanooga paper. “At this time Senator Paul has not made an endorsement in this race.”
    Conservative groups in Tennessee have been rumbling about a Republican primary challenge against Alexander, who will seek a third term in 2014. They are angry with Alexander’s support for the Gang of Eight immigration bill, the online sales tax and the fiscal cliff deal.

Paul voted differently from Alexander on all of these issues.

A June fundraising email by the Senate Conservatives Fund listed Alexander as one of three Republicans the group would target if “strong, conservative challengers emerge.”

No Alexander challenger has come forward, but Glenn Jacobs — the professional wrestler better known as Kane — has expressed some interest in the race. Jacobs is a libertarian who has been supportive of the Pauls.
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/15/ra...n-endorsement/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Is Glenn a registered Republican?
    There is no party registration in TN, and Glenn, if he were to run, would do so as a Republican.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Why would Rand attack another Republican senator during his reelection race? That is just asking for trouble.
    Alexander brought him into it, it wasn't his decision. Now he should let the people where he stands.

And if Glenn Jacobs runs and becomes competitive, he should help him. Jim DeMint took on Specter and Bennett and it did not hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    There is no party registration in TN, and Glenn, if he were to run, would do so as a Republican.
    That's what I thought. They didn't really make it clear that he is a Republican.

At least they used the small "l" in the article I quoted, but that distinction is probably lost on the majority of the population.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-16-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I remember when Lamar ran as a conservative. What a liar!

Lamar Alexander is not with us, he has, by virtue of the way he has voted on legislation, proven his loyalty to our government. Any politician that voted yes on the Patriot Act is not looking at my better interest. He once again most recently voted to continue the Patriot Act without making any reforms. I've had enough of this D.C. gangsta.

Alexander is a horrible senator. Just horrible. Totally out of touch with Tennessee. Same with Corker. One of the big problems is getting the GOP in Nashville to find and help promote a viable candidate. Laziest and most corrupt people in the state.

Remember this line? "Cut their pay and send them home." He neither believed it or did anything about it.

The only reason it matters that he's in Washington is that it affects committee appointments and whatnot. He rarely votes for anything according to conservative principles, and is unresponsive to his constituents.
    Last edited by euphemia; 04-15-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

He doesn't really even have to campaign, he will get reelected as long as he keeps running.

I didn't think TN has a state GOP. Just some names on a list.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ONUV View Post
    I like Danny, he's a good guy, but he doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't have a chance.

GOP primary is less than a month away. Carr has gained some ground.

Looks like Lamar is phoning this one in again as expected.

I saw a TV commercial yesterday, It has a picture of Ball with a picture of Obama in the background.

"A vote for Ball is a vote for Obama"

That is literally all you have to say to win in TN.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Looks like Lamar is phoning this one in again as expected.

I saw a TV commercial yesterday, It has a picture of Ball with a picture of Obama in the background.

"A vote for Ball is a vote for Obama"

That is literally all you have to say to win in TN.
    Balls to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.