Thread: [Live Cam] Protesters Take to Streets in Los Angeles, California

[Live Cam] Protesters Take to Streets in Los Angeles, California

Live Cam
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pmbeers/pop-out

News Articles:

LA Violence: Zimmerman Verdict Sparks Clashes
    Police fire non-lethal rounds to break up the crowd after protesters threw batteries and rocks at officers.
    http://news.sky.com/story/1115788/la...sparks-clashes
    SKY News

Trayvon Martin protesters blocks freeway, streets; LAPD moves in
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...,2292330.story

Los Angeles Trayvon Martin Protests Turn Violent After George Zimmerman Verdict
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3596490.html

Protesters Take to Streets in Los Angeles
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...215462921.html

Garcetti urges calm as Trayvon Martin protests block traffic
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...,1652117.story
    Last edited by FrankRep; 07-15-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Been watching and waiting.

For the police to crack the skull of a peaceful protester that is.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

All kids. Looks like a few high schools.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Cameraman is carrying girl because she's tired. 11:22 PM

Let's wait and see.

A very racially diverse crowd. Arguably as many whites as blacks.

All walks and lifes.

Dismissed race war narrative.

March turned around and now carried camera commentator doesn't know what to do.

ETA: Truth be told I have no idea how to record it live. I'm waiting for the police to act overly aggressive and attack someone. With today's social media, I'm not sure they'll do that. It is no race riot. It is no racially segregated protest. Kids expressing frustration over the case.

The riot will happen when the riot police come.

One of the more ridiculous livestream protests but I'll keep posted on the real, "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE"
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 07-15-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Yeah! Let's demonstrate in oncoming traffic for half an hour! That'll make people sympathetic to our cause!
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Hope this is caught online.

ETA: Looks like we have a multiracial riot about to take place.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 07-15-2013 at 12:53 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are they outside of CNN?

Tune in and if you can, record.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post
    is it really live?
    It's on ustream.tv and says live.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Is there no chat for it?I really wanna let this witch know that I am not watching cause I support Martin ...Zimmerman should have never been put on trial in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post
    Is there no chat for it?I really wanna let this witch know that I am not watching cause I support Martin ...Zimmerman should have never been put on trial in the first place.
    You can chat here:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pmbeers?rmalang=en_US
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Hope this is caught online.

ETA: Looks like we have a multiracial riot about to take place.
    i've never divided the lines with skin color.
    there are those people who so stupid that they are emotionally led around by a propagandist media. the people who vote for evil #1 or #2 because that is what the talking head told them
    to do.
    Stupidity knows no skin color.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    i've never divided the lines with skin color.
    there are those people who so stupid that they are emotionally led around by a propagandist media. the people who vote for evil #1 or #2 because that is what the talking head told them
    to do.
    Stupidity knows no skin color.
    Pretty much.

Watching it last night I was surprised it didn't turn violent. A few times it could have but it was being led by leaders, I'm not sure who they were, who calmed the mob down and took them in another direction.

Quite a few people turned out.

Cops ordered them onto sidewalks near around 12:00AM and some people stayed in the road. A couple even sat down. Cops shot them with beanbags. Everyone took off running after that. They also had a few plainclothes cops come up from behind and tackle a couple instigators. I would be surprised if more than a dozen people were arrested for trivial things.

The cops knew they were being videotaped and acted accordingly. They weren't indiscriminately beating people or particularly out of line. All in all I'd say they handled it pretty well. People were banging on the windows of businesses and a couple people were starting trouble. I'm surprised it ended as it did. Could have been a lot worse.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.