Thread: Pothole Robin Hood, steals Govt Asphalt and Fixes Govt Roads

Pothole Robin Hood, steals Govt Asphalt and Fixes Govt Roads

And the Authorities are NOT happy. That is GOVERNMENT property he used. Even though that Asphalt was paid through taxes and is truly the PEOPLE's resources, that's not the way things work. That asphalt belonged to the state, he stole from the state, and I'm SURE he will be charged.

No good deed should go unpunished. He will pay for his crimes. I'm sure there is a cage waiting for this citizen.

http://gma.yahoo.com/pothole-robinho...opstories.html

A man dubbed the "pothole Robin Hood" is under police investigation for taking asphalt from the city of Jackson, Miss., and filling in potholes on city streets.

Ron Chane admits that he takes the asphalt and repairs potholes, and then signs the filled-in holes with the message "citizen fixed," he told ABC News.

"It's sort of like Robin Hood. Once we saw that people were appreciating what we did, we went out again and made a goal of fixing 100 potholes. We've actually filled 101 potholes, so our mission has been completed," Chane said.

"Jackson is like any other state capital, but we've got a big infrastructure problem," Chane said.

"It's hard to have a good city without good infrastructure," Chane added. "And our city simply does not have the budget."

The Jackson Police Department is looking into how Chane got the asphalt and has not yet made a decision about pressing charges.

"This is all still under investigation. We're just trying to get more information," Officer Colendula Greene told ABC News.

Chane says he is not committing a crime.

"We're not trying to be thieves, or steal from the city," Chane said. "We're just trying to put the asphalt to use."

Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumbaba responded to Chane's actions in a statement to ABC affiliate WAPT.

"We do not accept any use of the city's resources without going through the proper legal channels," the statement said.

The mayor's office did not return repeated requests for comment from ABC News.

Lumbaba, who was elected mayor on July 1, included repairing and developing Jackson's streets in his platform, according to his campaign website.

"Hopefully our new mayor and his administration will be aggressive in addressing this problem," Chane said. "He's got a tough road ahead."

"We're sending a message that as citizens you have to sometimes take matters in your hands, in a creative and constructive way," Chane added.

Potholes are a disruptive and dangerous problem in Jackson.

"People joke that Jackson is a Six Flags because the roads are so bumpy," Zachary Boozer, a Jackson resident, told ABC News.

"The potholes are pretty widespread in all areas of the city. They make cracks in the streets, which are already crumbling," Boozer said.

"And it's not just potholes," Boozer continued. "We've also got sinkholes. People have been falling in them. A car fell in one too."

Jackson has a pothole hotline residents can call to report damaged roads.

"The problem is that they don't respond immediately," Boozer said. "After you call, they put you on a waitlist. The city is too backed up with requests to fix potholes. This is definitely raising tensions."

"I was approached by the Mississippi Department of Transportation," Chane said. "They said that while they do not condone or endorse what we did, they were indeed on the understanding side. They said the asphalt is the people's asphalt."

Jarrod Ravencraft, a spokesman for the Department of Transportation, refutes this account.

"Nobody from the D.O.T. has spoken to Mr. Chane in an official capacity. We have never met with him. This situation is strictly an issue for Jackson. We have no jurisdiction over the city," Ravencraft said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even if he used his own asphalt, I bet they'd still go after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    This

The crime is in showing people that we don't need government.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    "We do not accept any use of the city's resources without going through the proper legal channels," the statement said.
    Bend over mundane, spread those cheeks wide, and we'll shove our big city resource up your proper legal channel.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

These idiots have the money to investigate and possibly prosecute this fellow but they can't afford some blue-collar dude to fill in potholes.

This is a mirror of society in the USSA today.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    These idiots have the money to investigate and possibly prosecute this fellow but they can't afford some blue-collar dude to fill in potholes.

This is a mirror of society in the USSA today.
    The state will spare no expense to keep us safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    The state will spare no expense to keep us safe.
    Fire the prosecutor/90% of court and jail staff, all non-elected LEO and hire a road crew...

Great dude, but the State is going to every length to make an example of him. God forbid if the hoi polloi realize that filling potholes is not a rocket science only mastered by the great gubmint bureaucrats.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh I'm sure, probably even more so.

CITY: if they ever found out they don't need us...

CITY: off with his head!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

He did not steal anything, he's not a thief. He took back what is rightfully his!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobexliberty View Post
    He did not steal anything, he's not a thief. He took back what is rightfully his!
    Actually, he reallocated public property....pretty much picked up a bag of something and moved it around.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

You don't understand. He stole wages from city employees by providing the labor for free. So they'll put him in prison and then put him on work release...fixing potholes. That's okay because then he is providing wages for prison guards, prosecutors, judges, court clerks etc. It's the gubmint economy stupid.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.