Thread: History Channel H2 - Secret World of Gold

History Channel H2 - Secret World of Gold

Saw this advertised. July 13 10pm on H2

The Secret World of Gold

Valued for its permanence, beauty and scarcity, people will lie, cheat, steal and kill in the name of gold. To finance the Third Reich, the Nazis went after the gold of Europe. Allied countries stored their gold offshore to keep it safe. It is estimated that worldwide, 3 million shipwrecks loaded with treasure lie at the bottom of the ocean. Odyssey Marine, an American company, spends huge amounts of money to search for that gold. But there's always the risk they will have to hand it over to countries claiming ownership. In recent years, economic uncertainty is giving gold a new luster in the world of high finance. Whether it's a few coins or gold bars stored in one of the many vaults around the world, many investors are taking a shine to gold. But there's not a lot of it. Some claim that for every 100 ounces of gold traded, there exists only one ounce of real, physical gold. So, where is the gold--and who really owns it?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My DVR didn't record the episode and surprisingly I don't see any repeats. But it appears to be a Canadian documentary and is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHTuP3AwPcU
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

says book of secrets comes on at 10pm tonight
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."
    - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

I just set the DVR to capture it, I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst