Thread: Adrian Wyllie for Florida Governor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Adrian Wyllie for Florida Governor

Anyone here heard of him? I live in FL and he will be near me along with C4L. He will be speaking at a Red Lobster in Daytona. Guessing this will be a good time for me to introduce myself to state elections. Like Ron Paul said...local political elections are really important...maybe I can actually support his run for governor and volunteer etc. Haven't looked much into him yet, how about you guys?

http://wyllieforgovernor.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's a great guy. I've been following his campaign since he announced this January. Here's the problem: he's running as a Libertarian. I'd be very surprised if he broke even 3% in the general election. It's more likely that he'll get 1-2% of the vote.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Libertarian Party. It represents my ideals, the only party in America that does so. Hell, Ron Paul is a lifetime member of the LP. It's probably a great way to meet like-minded people. However, as far as electoral politics is concerned, they don't win anything, ever. We are a two-party system, and as much as that sucks, and as bad as the GOP overall is, if you want to win an election, run within the GOP. Hell, we got Justin Amash and Thomas Massie elected, that's already much more than the Libertarian Party has accomplished in its 40-plus year history.

Thanks for posting this.. Scott has been a colossal disappointment

interesting plan - loving number 4
    Economic Plan

I have a seven-point economic plan to restore and grow our economy.

In order to invigorate the state economy and create the right conditions for prosperity and job growth, we first have to identify the root causes of the economic problem, and then implement a comprehensive plan to fix it. Most of the problems we face originate from too much government intervention. Government spends far too much of our money. To feed their spending habit, government over-taxes us, which stifles free enterprise and individual prosperity. Government over-regulates us, placing barricades in the path of small business growth. Government plays favorites by providing subsidies or tax breaks to some businesses, giving them a competitive advantage over all others. And finally, government sometimes even turns a blind eye when large corporate interests flaunt the law and defraud the people.
    First, we will dramatically cut the size of the state budget. Gov. Scott seeks to increase the state budget to $74.5 billion. That is absolutely ridiculous. My staff and I have been combing through the state budget searching for waste and inefficiency. No more pork projects for legislators and special interest groups. After an initial review, I believe that we can cut the state budget by over 30% without negatively impacting critical government services. The less money government spends, the more money the people get to keep, spend and invest.
    Second, we will cut taxes. With a reduction in the state budget, we can allow Floridians to keep more of what they earn by reducing taxes. One of the first taxes that I plan to cut are “ad valorem” taxes, or taxes on tangible property. This takes many forms, from the property taxes you pay on your home, which are assessed and collected by your county government; to tangible taxes all businesses pay annually on their office equipment, machinery, tools, etc. Reducing the tangible tax burden on businesses will mean more capital available to them to expand their business and hire new workers. Capping, reducing, and eventually eliminating property tax will stimulate the real estate market, by making home purchases more affordable. We will eliminate special favors, tax breaks and subsidies to a select few business, preferring instead to cut taxes equally across the board.

Third, we will reduce unnecessary regulation. Across the state, I’ve spoken with many small business owners, as well as people who would like to start a small business. One of the most common reasons people tell me that they don’t expand or start their business is the difficulty in complying with government regulation, licensing, permitting, environmental impact, and the nightmare of bureaucracy one must deal with in order to comply. Small business owners are forced to follow with volumes of sometimes idiotic regulations from State agencies like the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Department of Environmental Protection, Agency for Health Care Administration, Department of Revenue, Department of Economic Opportunity, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Corporations, etc., etc., etc. Many of these agencies are riddled with inefficiency, and sometimes even corruption. The barriers to entry for small business start-ups are difficult to overcome. This heavy-handed and unnecessary over-regulation costs Florida jobs.
    Fourth, we will keep the federal government out of Florida’s economy. For decades, the federal government has exceeded its Constitutional authority under the Commerce Clause to regulate business occurring within state boundaries. I intend to champion legislation to exempt any product that is grown, manufactured, fabricated, distributed, sold and consumed within the State of Florida from any federal regulation whatsoever. Therefore, federal regulations would have no jurisdiction over any business providing a good or service exclusively within the State of Florida. This would include everything from firearms to hemp to medical services. My “Florida Intrastate Commerce Act” will create an economic boon not seen in a generation. The job creation and economic growth resulting from the influx of new businesses in Florida will be envy of the nation, and would become the model for other states to adopt.
    Fifth, we will protect Floridians from a potential dollar crisis. I propose that we begin transacting state business in gold and silver as required by Article 1, Section 10 of the United States Constitution and introduce competing currencies legislation as Utah has already done, and other states are considering. This will give the State of Florida the ability to protect the value of our holdings with sound money, and lay the groundwork for Floridians to conduct transactions in an alternative form of currency should the U.S. Dollar experience a decline in value.
    Sixth, we will sell a portion of the state’s land holdings. Currently, the State of Florida owns 14% of all the land in Florida. That’s more land area than the entire state of New Jersey. The State continues to acquire more land every year. Only a fraction of that land is in the form of parks or recreation areas. The proceeds from the sale of state land could be used for a variety of purposes that would benefit all Floridians, or could simply be returned to the rightful owners — the people of Florida. We can do this without sacrificing a single acre of existing state park or recreation area land.
    Seventh, we will prosecute fraud. There’s absolutely no doubt that fraud has been committed, and is still occurring, in the mortgage industry. Banks and lenders have defrauded investors through mortgage backed securities manipulation. They defrauded homeowners through “robo signing” and improper custody of promissory notes. In many cases, their fraudulent practices have been overlooked by Charlie Crist, Rick Scott, and all levels of government. In fact, government has seemingly gone out of their way to obfuscate and legitimize their illegal activities. The only way to prevent this from ever happening again is to prosecute those responsible, within the scope of state authority.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I support him in so far as I want a Dem to replace Scott. Which is rare for me so you know how much I hate Scott and the FL GOP.

We need a strong Dem on the ballot for marriage equality and medical marijuana to pass in 2014
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

I know I haven't been supportive of the LP in the electoral process but I will say that in a situation like this w/ a state party that is corrupt and perhaps a weaker C4L state org I would actively campaign and spend small amounts of money for this guy to cause pain to the state party and maybe cause a little bit of retribution for their tactics. Not saying this is something for the broader political liberty crowd to engage in, just something the liberty Floridians can do to enhance their brand and build their numbers by being active. Not sure what FLC4L is or has been working on but this is an option to show some strength on top of the issues you're working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    He's a great guy. I've been following his campaign since he announced this January. Here's the problem: he's running as a Libertarian. I'd be very surprised if he broke even 3% in the general election. It's more likely that he'll get 1-2% of the vote.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Libertarian Party. It represents my ideals, the only party in America that does so. Hell, Ron Paul is a lifetime member of the LP. It's probably a great way to meet like-minded people. However, as far as electoral politics is concerned, they don't win anything, ever. We are a two-party system, and as much as that sucks, and as bad as the GOP overall is, if you want to win an election, run within the GOP. Hell, we got Justin Amash and Thomas Massie elected, that's already much more than the Libertarian Party has accomplished in its 40-plus year history.
    Yea maybe learn more by getting involved etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I know I haven't been supportive of the LP in the electoral process but I will say that in a situation like this w/ a state party that is corrupt and perhaps a weaker C4L state org I would actively campaign and spend small amounts of money for this guy to cause pain to the state party and maybe cause a little bit of retribution for their tactics. Not saying this is something for the broader political liberty crowd to engage in, just something the liberty Floridians can do to enhance their brand and build their numbers by being active. Not sure what FLC4L is or has been working on but this is an option to show some strength on top of the issues you're working on.
    yea I would think he would get more than 3% vote especially if he has a huge team of supporters helping him spread his message. I think people might be waking up but idk. Its not like a presidential election to where someone can be blacked out AS MUCH. Its just 1 state, know what I mean?
    Last edited by randpaul2016; 07-07-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Best scenario would be if Bill Neslon ran for the Dems and won. Then Connie Mack the Younger could run again for the seat in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Best scenario would be if Bill Neslon ran for the Dems and won. Then Connie Mack the Younger could run again for the seat in 2016.
    I don't see him giving up his Senate seat.

The 2016 Senate race in FL will be against Rubio, not Nelson (Nelson is 2018). I doubt Mack will run against Rubio.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Make bad republicans pay with a primary. Ted Yoho and Connie Mack are the best Republicans in the state with a couple congressman being middle of the road.

Although it is a long shot please like this page.

https://www.facebook.com/DraftConnieMack

Quote Originally Posted by Okaloosa View Post
    Make bad republicans pay with a primary. Ted Yoho and Connie Mack are the best Republicans in the state with a couple congressman being middle of the road.

Although it is a long shot please like this page.

https://www.facebook.com/DraftConnieMack
    It would be great to see Mack run for Governor. He's very good on fiscal issues and civil liberties.

Finally someone i can get behind. Wyllie or Mack would be a huge step in the right direction. Prefer Wyllie of course. I'm maybe 80-90% behind Mack.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Libertarian Party. It represents my ideals, the only party in America that does so. Hell, Ron Paul is a lifetime member of the LP. It's probably a great way to meet like-minded people. However, as far as electoral politics is concerned, they don't win anything, ever.
    Hm, sounds familiar. "I love Ron Paul/Gary Johnson but he's a Libertarian and Libertarians have no chance of winning So I'm going to vote for Romney."
    Last edited by beaker; 07-08-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post

Hm, sounds familiar. "I love Ron Paul/Gary Johnson but he's a Libertarian and Libertarians have no chance of winning So I'm going to vote for Romney."
    I would vote for Wyllie if I lived in Florida. But I wouldn't actively support him or donate. He is going to lose by a gigantic margin. He'd gain more press if he ran in the GOP primary against Scott and likely more support.

I would vote for Wyllie if I lived in Florida. But I wouldn't actively support him or donate. He is going to lose by a gigantic margin. He'd gain more press if he ran in the GOP primary against Scott and likely more support.
    I really don't think you're helping your cause with that response. No doubt he'd do better running as a republican. By admitting that Libertarians (with a capital 'L') can't win is admitting libertarians (with a lowercase 'l') have been defeated. I've encountered countless people (especially in FL) that said during the last election, "this is the last time I'm voting Republican." and if this is the message we're sending them, then you're only chasing them away. You're reenforcing the original reason they didn't vote for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.

I'm trying to remember why.. but I recall that something about Mack bugged me.. guess I'll have to go back and revisit his policies
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

didn't he support romney's presidential campaign?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So Ted Yoho and Connie Mack are 'ronpaulrepublicans'?

Dont know much about them. Pretty sure I voted for Ted Yoho cuz he was very libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by randpaul2016 View Post
    So Ted Yoho and Connie Mack are 'ronpaulrepublicans'?

Dont know much about them. Pretty sure I voted for Ted Yoho cuz he was very libertarian.
    Both men respect Dr. Paul and Yoho was the recipient of Dr. Paul's endorsement. I consider Yoho a good man and possibly the future of the GOP should the "Moderate" (McCain, Graham, Ayotte, etc) wing be kicked out or just die off.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    Both men respect Dr. Paul and Yoho was the recipient of Dr. Paul's endorsement. I consider Yoho a good man and possibly the future of the GOP should the "Moderate" (McCain, Graham, Ayotte, etc) wing be kicked out or just die off.
    Mack also received the endorsement of both Pauls.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/naked...nate-race.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Paul
    I've had the opportunity to work first-hand with Connie Mack. He is a passionate defender and a tireless advocate for the ideals of less taxing, less spending, less government and more freedom.

From standing against the Bush Administration on TARP and fighting against President Obama's failed stimulus, to his introduction of the Penny Plan, which I strongly support, Connie Mack has proven time and again that he is a staunch conservative and the very type of principled leader that we need in the United States Senate.

Winning the Florida Senate seat for conservatives means the defeat of Harry Reid and all of us need to rally around Connie for the sake of our country. We need Connie Mack in the U.S. Senate.
    http://www.libertypac.com/ron-paul-e...s/connie-mack/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Congressman Connie Mack has had a distinguished career in public service fighting for Florida and the ideals of Freedom, Security and Prosperity.

Connie has fought to cut spending and taxes, reduce the debt, and balance the budget. And he's fought against policies like TARP, the Stimulus, ObamaCare, and other liberal experiments that are jeopardizing our future by spending taxpayer dollars on programs Americans cannot afford and do not want.
    Neither are pure Ron Paul Republicans, but they're both the next best thing.

so which republican might or is going to run?

Knew someone that interned for Jon Huntsman for his 2012 campaign. Wouldn't mind helping out Ronpublican

so which republican might or is going to run?

Knew someone that interned for Jon Huntsman for his 2012 campaign. Wouldn't mind helping out Ronpublican

So, did you go to Daytona and hear Adrian Wyllie speak? And if so how was it?

I have been a long time Republican and I understand what Ron Paul was trying to do that if we could change the party back to what it says its principles are and supported him we would have probably won by a landslide. But now that we had these last two elections it is very clear to me and many others that we cannot change the party. At least not on their terms. I am telling Republicans and Democrats that if you want your party to really change register now as Libertarian because if they see their membership going down and the Libertarian party growing this may then put enough fear in them to actually change for the better.

I have bumped into many people over the years saying why vote on principle when you know you cannot win. And these people really wanted to win moreso than to do the right thing for the country. So I have been telling them, you may win but the country loses, your state loses, and your kids lose. In life, many times doing the right thing is the toughest and this is no different. We have to get past this whole idea that only someone from these two parties can win. If WE THE PEOPLE stand together we can

Adrian actually can win. If we put enough fear in the parties that they change then we win. And as far as the election goes he can win that also. Ron Paul did much better down in Pinellas county where he actually won precincts. About 6 people did the ground game there and went door to door. Adrian's idea is to find 6000 people to work every princint. Poeple need to know it is possible and that they can make a differenence.

Some of the most dedicated people who I am working with are ticked off Republicans who are tired of their party giving them democrats to vote for, someone that is not aligned with who the party should be supporting, etc. And now the leaders of the party are very clear that they need to move even closer to the democrats. So if you cannot change the party you might as well look for an alternative.

I made signs saying Adrian Wyllie for governor and then had petitions on clipboards ready to go. People were really interested into who the Adran Wyllie was and wanted to know more. And surprisingly there were a lot of people who felt the way I did and very glad to see an alternative.

I'm sorry, but he can't win. Let's not be delusional here. If you look at LP results from the past decade, or more, they have roughly stayed the same more or less. Average LP vote for governor in 2012 was 2.05%, while in 2010 it was between 1-1.5% IIRC. There isn't going to be a magical increase. He's doesn't have any money and the media will completely shut him out.

I'd vote for Wyllie if I lived in Florida, but I think the LP's 40 year existence has proved beyond a doubt that third parties are not in any way, shape or form for any type of electoral success whatsoever. Losing an election while netting a mere few percentage points is not fun at all, it's actually pretty depressing. Third parties are not successful in the U.S., nor will they ever be.

Wyllie should primary Scott instead. He might get a little bit of attention if he was really aggressive, and his percentage would likely be at least ten-fold better than running in the general election.

The last Libertarian on a statewide ballot in Florida was Alexander Snitker. He won 0.46% of the vote. Definitively not worth it to run. That $42,000 he raised could have been spent on electing liberty Republicans instead. Most people had no idea he was even on the ballot until they went to vote.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry, but he can't win. Let's not be delusional here.
    And it's people like you that wonder why we are so divided. Because you call people who don't agree with you delusional. You're still not helping your case yet you still argue. I don't care what history tells me about the Libertarian party. I'm concerned with the history of the Republican party as a 3rd party. What was the Republican party when it came out? a bunch of pissed off Whigs and anti slavery Democrats. What consists of the Libertarian party? A bunch of pissed off Republicans and some conservative Democrats.

There is a chance for the Libertarian party to become a viable 3rd party. If a liberty candidate chooses to run as an L, we vote for them. If they chooses to run as an R, we vote for them. If they chooses to run as a D, we vote for them. And we get people to do the same. And we do this while challenging Republicans when they're wrong. You can change the Republican party while building the Libertarian party at the same time. We don't have to concentrate on one. We don't all have to agree on what way to do it. We just concentrate on changing the conversation, speaking the truth, and people will open up and change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    not state wide but congressional candidate Calen Fretts (lib) did better than that

Jeff Miller (R) 69.6%
    Jim Bryan (D) 27.1%
    Calen Fretts (L) 3.3%
    I was a bit surprised myself to see 3.3% for Calen Fretts. I was expecting 2 or less. So many people I know that live there said they would have voted for him if they thought he had a chance to win. I don't know ANYONE besides myself who voted for him. But it does give me a little bit of hope.
    Last edited by beaker; 07-23-2013 at 04:32 AM.

6000 people per precinct? good goal but I don't think there are 6K people IN my precinct.. much less the boots on the ground type
    looking it up now...

3692 voting bodies in my precinct
    we do have 120K in the county though

He should primary Scott. Republicans are furious at him for backing Obamacare and will support a more fiscally responsible rival.

not state wide but congressional candidate Calen Fretts (lib) did better than that

Jeff Miller (R) 69.6%
    Jim Bryan (D) 27.1%
    Calen Fretts (L) 3.3%

still not a pant load of votes but much better than 0.46

that being said.. I'd like to see him in the Rep primaries too.

me.. I did re Calen

this from my email updates

Adrian Wyllie a Major Factor in Governor’s Race ~ Thanks to all of you!!

At 9am this morning, Adrian called me. I was not shocked to see his name pop up on my phone since we speak nearly every morning with plans for the campaign. Within minutes of the call there was a huge "NO WAY!!!!" which was proceeded by a round of congratulations. Today we found out that not only was Adrian Wyllie included in a poll but the numbers came in and he was just under 9% in a statewide scientific poll. The even bigger news was that 21% of those polled were still undecided. That makes this a 3 way race and definitely ours to win!!

I want to take a minute and thank everyone for all of their hard work. It is because of our amazing campaign team that this is possible. It is YOU that has gotten us this far and together we will take back the state of Florida and restore liberty!! Victory is in our grasp!! Can you feel it?

What we also have accomplished in this is obtaining something most 3rd party campaigns never get...........data!! In this poll we got to see where Adrian is strong and where we need work. Who is the message resonating most with and who it does not. This also proves that we just need to reach more people! There are at least 21% of voters up for grabs and many in the major parties that have just not heard Adrian's message. It's time to change that!

With over a year left in the race and the campaign just now heating up these numbers are exciting. Now our goal is to get Adrian in front of every voter we can. The message is winning with the people. We just need to reach more of them. We can do this. We will do this!! And we will do it together!!