Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 175

Thread: Skittles + Arizona Watermelon juice + Robitussin = purple drank recipe

  1. #121

    Default

    //
    Last edited by Wren; 01-12-2014 at 01:19 AM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    The kid wasn't 18 so we don't actually see him buying it. You need an ID to buy Robitussin. But those two ingredients are well known for completing the rest of the purple drank concoction. Using Robitussin instead of Codeine is considered to be the poor mans purple drank.
    robitussin is a dissassociative. there is nothing fun about taking large doses of it.
    that fact could be used against trayvon, as it could confirm the guy was literally 'out of his mind'.
    whereas if it were codeine, it could be said that there was no way he started a fight jacked up on something that puts you to sleep.

    You're a backer of
    Lavabit's Dark Mail Initiative


    by Ladar Levison

  4. #123

    Default

    //
    Last edited by Wren; 01-12-2014 at 01:18 AM.

  5. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    You don't have the right to bash someone's head into the concrete because you think they are stalking you, No.
    Dude,, you accost me on a dark street,, after following me for blocks you will look a lot worse than that..
    And if you pull a gun you may very well be eating it.
    HE IS DAMN LUCKY HE DIDN'T TRY THAT SHIT WITH SOMEONE THAT ACTUALLY HAD SOME STREET TIME UNDER HIS BELT.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 07-07-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  6. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

    Edit: And didn't we cover this whole "purple drank" thing a year ago? Why are folks acting like it's "news?"
    To others who responded--regardless of whether I'm right about Robitussin, I still (if I were on the jury) would never assume that I could possibly know for sure that the candy and drink were going to be used for some drug concoction, so it'd be irrelevant. I'd neither find him more nor less innocent because he purchased these items. Even if they could prove that he had used drugs in the past or intended to use drugs in the future, it's irrelevant.

    I think this overblown "drank" thing is in response to half of the media trying to portray Trayvon as a little boy who just went to the store for candy and got jumped by a pro-gun, racist, conservative white guy. They smeared Zimmerman, rather unfairly--so the "other side" feels free to smear Trayvon.

    The end result? More polarization.

    ETA: This was written assuming that neither GZ nor TM was actually found to be on drugs at the time.
    Last edited by amy31416; 07-07-2013 at 12:22 PM.

  7. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    The kid wasn't 18 so we don't actually see him buying it. You need an ID to buy Robitussin. But those two ingredients are well known for completing the rest of the purple drank concoction. Using Robitussin instead of Codeine is considered to be the poor mans purple drank.
    So the fuck what? it is irrelevant. The kid had a perfect right to be there.
    To travel those streets unhindered.
    I don't care if he was high as a kite and smoking a spliff. He was unarmed in a place where he had every right to be.

    The fact that he was seen as suspicious by Zimmerman ,,, was Zimmerman's problem.
    The kid was walking home from a store.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  8. #127

    Default

    //
    Last edited by Wren; 01-12-2014 at 01:18 AM.

  9. #128

    Default

    //
    Last edited by Wren; 01-12-2014 at 01:18 AM.

  10. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    So the fuck what? it is irrelevant. The kid had a perfect right to be there.
    To travel those streets unhindered.
    I don't care if he was high as a kite and smoking a spliff. He was unarmed in a place where he had every right to be.

    The fact that he was seen as suspicious by Zimmerman ,,, was Zimmerman's problem.
    The kid was walking home from a store.
    There had been multiple burglaries in the area recently. A kid in a hoodie is walking around looking like he doesn't have a specific place to go in the rain, while it's dark out. He wasn't walking a dog or with someone else. He didn't look familiar and it's a gated community. It would be insane not to be suspicious given this setup. Zimmerman behaved correctly calling the non-emergency line for the police.

    And it wasn't like Zimmerman was way off. This wasn't a Rhodes Scholar walking around. This was a drug user, who has been suspended school and has an affinity for violent culture. His friend Rachel, who he was on the phone with is not a high quality person.

    Does all of this make Zimmerman a saint? No. Does it mean Martin should have been shot? Maybe not. But it pretty is darn easy to see why Zimmerman would have acted the way he did. He clearly is not guilty of 2nd degree murder and that is what is he is on trial for.
    Last edited by krugminator; 07-07-2013 at 12:44 PM.

  11. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Sure, but the kid didn't have a "right" to attack Zimmerman. If I attacked someone for looking at me funny, I'd definitely get what's coming.
    So true. The one who first initiated violence is the one who is to blame.

  12. #131
    Member bxm042's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of the Free
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Dude,, you accost me on a dark street
    a) There is no evidence that GZ accosted him
    b) It wasn't on a street, it was in a residential dog walking type area
    c) 7pm isnt very dark
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

  13. #132

    Default

    The war on self-defense continues...
    ----

    Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

  14. #133

    Default

    Oh,, I got to take this apart.. this is just so full of fail. I'll put mine in red.

    Quote Originally Posted by krugminator View Post
    There had been multiple burglaries in the area recently.
    That is any and everywhere in this country. At any time.

    A kid in a hoodie is walking around looking like he doesn't have a specific place to go in the rain, while it's dark out.
    A kid that lived there (at least temporarily) with his father. and it is usually dark out at night, And a Hoodie is a very common article of clothing.. I have several, as does my wife.

    He wasn't walking a dog or with someone else.
    Is a dog or companion necessary? I don't take mine to the store with me.
    He didn't look familiar and it's a gated community.
    Are you implying that everyone knows everyone's business in a gated community? If so then Zimmerman SHOULD have known that he was staying with his father.
    It would be insane not to be suspicious given this setup. Zimmerman behaved correctly calling the non-emergency line for the police.
    NO. Insanity is the idea that he thought he needed to be imposing himself in someone elses business.

    And it wasn't like Zimmerman was way off. This wasn't a Rhodes Scholar walking around. This was a drug user, who has been suspended school and has an affinity for violent culture. His friend Rachel, who he was on the phone with is not a high quality person.

    None of which was known,, nor was it any business of Zimmerman.
    And,,wtf> High quality person? what the fuck is that?

    Does all of this make Zimmerman a saint? No. Does it mean Martin should have been shot? Maybe not. But it pretty is darn easy to see why Zimmerman would have acted the way he did.

    He clearly is not guilty of 2nd degree murder and that is what is he is on trial for.
    Well, that is for the jury to decide..
    But stalking (for whatever reason) and confronting someone on a dark street is not self defense.
    That is provoking a confrontation.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 07-07-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  15. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Oh,, I got to take this apart.. this is just so full of fail. I'll put mine in red.



    But stalking (for whatever reason) and confronting someone on a dark street is not self defense.
    That is provoking a confrontation.
    Wake up! Zimmerman was confronted by Martin, not the other way around.

  16. #135
    Member bxm042's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of the Free
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Wake up! Zimmerman was confronted by Martin, not the other way around.
    He refuses to accept that. Based on no evidence, he is more than happy to convict Zimmerman on his speculation that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

  17. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    He refuses to accept that. Based on no evidence, he is more than happy to convict Zimmerman on his speculation that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation.
    Oh I see.... carry on then.

  18. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Your response suggested you didn't read it. Unless you think the miami herald made up the article, I don't understand why you would doubt it.
    My response referenced the article. I was making the point that I don't buy that a police detective would cave to pressure from a couple of patrolman and a sergeant over the chief of police. In case you didn't know, detectives outrank sergeants. I also pointed out that irregularity of the chief of police being involved in what was initially some low level shooting. People get shot in Miami all the time. They don't get shot by relatives of retired judges all the time. And I wasn't saying that the Miami Herald was making anything up. I'm saying that it's obvious (to me anyway) that if there if the detective is being pressured by anyone it's the chief of police. The far more likely story is that once word got out that the chief of police didn't want charges filed the detective decided to come up with a cover story as to why he wanted to file charges in the first place. Also I don't believe for a moment that Tracy Martin "understood" why charges weren't initially filed. That's not the reaction of a grieving father under those circumstances even if he did believe his son was a thug. Just because my response isn't what you wanted doesn't mean I didn't read the article. It's rather arrogant of you to assume otherwise.

    It is a big deal because of the white vs black racial tension this country has. It's a big deal because it is media manipulation to benefit political groups.
    Right. And in this case the group that Zimmerman is part of hates blacks as much or more than whites. So your little factoid doesn't help your argument except to point out that the media wanted it spun one way instead of the other. And again you brought up race so it's stupid of you to try to call me out for talking about race.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 07-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Eze 22:25 There's a conspiracy of prophets within her....

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.

  19. #138

    Default

    Ban thread gas OP, fuck this shit. What the fuck are we doing?

    We have an evil empire to topple and we're sitting in front of our keyboards BICKERING OVER SOME SHIT THAT DOESN'T AFFECT ANY OF US

  20. #139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Wake up! Zimmerman was confronted by Martin, not the other way around.
    The kid was on a phone,, and talking about avoiding some freak that was stalking him..

    Zimmerman was in a vehicle..

    at some point Zimmerman exited his vehicle to find the person he was stalking.

    The kid did not drag him from it,, he did that on his own.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  21. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The kid was on a phone,, and talking about avoiding some freak that was stalking him..

    Zimmerman was in a vehicle..

    at some point Zimmerman exited his vehicle to find the person he was stalking.

    The kid did not drag him from it,, he did that on his own.
    As I understand it, Martin had already been home but then decided to double back to confront Zimmerman.

  22. #141
    Member MelissaWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Audient Void
    Posts
    15,663
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WM_in_MO View Post
    Ban thread gas OP, fuck this shit. What the fuck are we doing?

    We have an evil empire to topple and we're sitting in front of our keyboards BICKERING OVER SOME SHIT THAT DOESN'T AFFECT ANY OF US
    Of course. Prosecutors overstepping their bounds, the media ignoring some facts to focus on and reinterpret others, the perception that if you are found to be a "person of lesser quality" after the fact your death was justified, the assumption that you are guilty of concocting a drug even if you are only in possession of Skittles and tea... none of this will ever have any impact on any of us.

    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

    What was that about an evil empire?
    May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

  23. #142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WM_in_MO View Post
    Ban thread gas OP, fuck this shit. What the fuck are we doing?

    We have an evil empire to topple and we're sitting in front of our keyboards BICKERING OVER SOME SHIT THAT DOESN'T AFFECT ANY OF US
    I know,, and had avoided these threads,, that had already been discussed long ago...

    But this bullshit about what the kid may have drank.. well,, the stupidity of it just irks me.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  24. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Oh,, I got to take this apart.. this is just so full of fail. I'll put mine in red.



    But stalking (for whatever reason) and confronting someone on a dark street is not self defense.
    That is provoking a confrontation.
    You didn't actually refute anything. Profiling is contextual and all of the pieces of the puzzle made the picture much more likely than normal that Martin could be a potential criminal. The odds may normally be .05% that a typical person in the neighborhood was potentially committing a crime. The context around Martin might raise the odds to 5% of the time that he is either a criminal or considering committing a crime and those are high enough odds to be proactive.

  25. #144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    As I understand it, Martin had already been home but then decided to double back to confront Zimmerman.
    So did I ,,the last time I had someone stalking me.. but I stepped out of my home with a gun in hand..

    The ex-cop left in a hurry.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  26. #145
    Member bxm042's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of the Free
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    So did I ,,the last time I had someone stalking me.. but I stepped out of my home with a gun in hand..

    The ex-cop left in a hurry.
    Was TM within his rights, then, to punch Zimmerman for "stalking" him?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

  27. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The kid was on a phone,, and talking about avoiding some freak that was stalking him..

    Zimmerman was in a vehicle..

    at some point Zimmerman exited his vehicle to find the person he was stalking.

    The kid did not drag him from it,, he did that on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    As I understand it, Martin had already been home but then decided to double back to confront Zimmerman.
    As you understand it? Link please. What we know is that Zimmerman was following Martin from his truck and then Zimmerman got out of his truck. The "I was looking for a house number to tell the police" line is bullshit. Someone pointed out that it wasn't really dark at the time? Well if it's still light out, and if you supposedly are soooo familiar with your hood that you know who should and shouldn't be there, then you shouldn't need to get out of your truck to find some freaking house number. Does that mean that Zimmerman didn't have a right to get out of his truck? Of course not. But the mental gymnastics people are contorting themselves through to make Zimmerman into some kind of libertarian self defense guru/hero that did absolutely no wrong is astounding. Based on what we know it is quite apparent that Zimmerman was stalking Martin. Did the stalker become the stalkee? That is an open question.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Eze 22:25 There's a conspiracy of prophets within her....

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.

  28. #147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    So did I ,,the last time I had someone stalking me.. but I stepped out of my home with a gun in hand..

    The ex-cop left in a hurry.
    This was a bit far for him to have just stepped out of his home.

    http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/216417.php

  29. #148

    Default

    Analysis: George Zimmerman Probably Won't Be Convicted of Murder or Manslaughter -- Here's Why


    ABC News
    July 7, 2013


    The essence of Zimmerman's account is basically as follows:


    He spotted Martin, became suspicious, called police, was told he didn't need to follow him, got out of his car only to give the authorities the address, was jumped and then pummeled by Martin and as he was being punched and having his head knocked into the ground, Martin went for Zimmerman's firearm and Zimmerman shot him once in the chest.


    The prosecution, on the other hand, called 38 witnesses to try to show: Zimmerman was a wannabe cop who regularly reported black strangers in his neighborhood; initiated and was at least at one point, on top during the encounter; that Zimmerman's injuries were minor and that many aspects of his accounts to the police and media were inconsistent and/or lies.

    For a moment, lets put aside the fact that many of the prosecution witnesses seemed to help Zimmerman in one way or another.

    As a legal matter, even if jurors find parts of Zimmerman's story fishy, that is not enough to convict. Even if they believe that Zimmerman initiated the altercation, and that his injuries were relatively minor, that too would be insufficient evidence to convict.
    ...



    Minor injuries?



    Last edited by FrankRep; 07-07-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    ----

    Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

  30. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krugminator View Post
    You didn't actually refute anything. Profiling is contextual and all of the pieces of the puzzle made the picture much more likely than normal that Martin could be a potential criminal. The odds may normally be .05% that a typical person in the neighborhood was potentially committing a crime. The context around Martin might raise the odds to 5% of the time that he is either a criminal or considering committing a crime and those are high enough odds to be proactive.
    IRRELEVANT
    He was not committing a crime.

    He was minding his own business. And should have been left alone..

    Neighborhood watch is not a right to interfere in the lives of anyone. Period. Ever.
    This stupid mentality is what gives us a Police State. The idea that you have a right to control others.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  31. #150
    Member bxm042's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of the Free
    Posts
    6,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Does that mean that Zimmerman didn't have a right to get out of his truck? Of course not. But the mental gymnastics people are contorting themselves through to make Zimmerman into some kind of libertarian self defense guru/hero that did absolutely no wrong is astounding.
    Did he do anything wrong? Sure, the guy is an idiot. Did he do anything criminal? There is no evidence that suggests that. Innocent until proven guilty.

    Based on what we know it is quite apparent that Zimmerman was stalking Martin. Did the stalker become the stalkee? That is an open question.
    Based on the only evidence we have available, Martin confronted Zimmerman as Zimmerman was returning to his truck.

    If you want to dispute his story, and think its bullshit, then prove it. Otherwise he's innocent.

    And you know what? IMO, even if he did walk up to Martin, and ask "Hey, I haven't seen you around these parts, I'm with neighborhood watch, just thought I'd introduce myself", I wouldn't see a problem with that, either.

    But, again, the only evidence we have, is that Martin walked up to Zimmerman, and Martin wanted the fight. He got the fight he was looking for, unfortunately.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •