Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Index: Congressional Scorecard for Rand Paul

Freedom Index: Congressional Scorecard for Rand Paul

Freedom Index: Congressional Scorecard for Rand Paul

Name: Rand Paul
    Senate: Kentucky, Republican
    Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 93%

Score Breakdown:
    88% (113th Congress: 2013-2014); 94% (112th Congress: 2011-2012)

Click here for Rand Paul's Key Votes:
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedo...php?id=P000603
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand scored a 93%... That's incredible! Thankful for people like him who serve in Washington.

I wouldn't know what to do with a guy like him representing me. Here in NY, my Senators earned 14% and 10%. Thankfully, my Congressman was much higher, at an astounding 21%.

Rubio got an 80 percent, Graham with a 63. Again, have to wonder whether this will have any long term effects on them.

Amash is also a 93. Massie is currently at 100%.

----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    See this is why the scorecards are a bit misleading. These senators are careful to vote the right way for them. Maybe not for JBS but certainly for the bigger ones.

Btw Frank check the thread on Broun in Liberty Candidates. Taft posted a 30 min speech he gave to JBS. We need you on board!

Edit: Here's the thread Frank look towards the bottom

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ming-July-12th!
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-02-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

good score, but how is Rubio getting 80% ?
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    See this is why the scorecards are a bit misleading. These senators are careful to vote the right way for them. Maybe not for JBS but certainly for the bigger ones.

Btw Frank check the thread on Broun in Liberty Candidates. Taft posted a 30 min speech he gave to JBS. We need you on board!

Edit: Here's the thread Frank look towards the bottom

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ming-July-12th!
    Broun has a 90 (lifetime) as well and is trending upward.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Rubio got an 80 percent, Graham with a 63. Again, have to wonder whether this will have any long term effects on them.
    See, this makes me question the validity of the system they use...

It probably weights every vote equally, which makes most Republicans look good on paper. But when you factor in how some issues matter more than others, it doesn't hold water.

A vote to raise the debt ceiling, while wrong, is not equivalent to a vote to bomb a foreign country and murder innocents.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Broun has a 90 (lifetime) as well and is trending upward.
    That's pretty good... I always feel they're better if you look at them over a number of years Broun is solid as a rock no doubt about it. Hope he wins and becomes a senator. He has an excellent chance if he can unite Tea Patiers and social conservatives. Maybe you should volunteer for his campaign!

Bridenstine and McClintock for Senate!

They have some odd votes included in their scorecard, such as a "bad vote" for voting against Sander's GMO labeling amendment. That amendment included some bad provisions that went far beyond simply saying that the states have the right to label food as GMO or non GMO. "No" was the correct vote on that. I agree with all of Rand's votes included in this scorecard.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    They have some odd votes included in their scorecard, such as a "bad vote" for voting against Sander's GMO labeling amendment. That amendment included some bad provisions that went far beyond simply saying that the states have the right to label food as GMO or non GMO. "No" was the correct vote on that. I agree with all of Rand's votes included in this scorecard.
    Also note that there maybe budget bills for which our guys may have voted NO thinking they don't go far enough, which ironically puts them in the same aisle as liberals who vote NO thinking the bills go too far, and this vote may be scored negatively by the conservative groups, because they score an YES vote as a step in the right direction, however minute the savings may be, and a NO vote as having no intention to cut spending. I've seen FreedomWorks and CFG negatively score our guys in such scenarios.

The reasoning behind what gets a plus or minus is always constitutionalism.
    Strict construction is not necessarily equivalent to freedom.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I noticed that as well, if this were a 'Freedom Index' on RPI or here Rand would probably get a 98 or 100 based on those votes.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    btw Ron Johnson has an 86 lifetime score and a 90 this time around, which is noteworthy. Also you can see the effects Ted and Rand have on their respective Senior senators, minority leader mitch McCon. and minority whip John Cornyn.

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    I noticed that as well, if this were a 'Freedom Index' on RPI or here Rand would probably get a 98 or 100 based on those votes.
    We need our own scorecard. I've been keeping one on my own for the House and this is how my scorecard ranks the top 10 on 23 votes so far this year:

Amash - 100%
    Massie - 100%
    Sanford - 100%
    Duncan - 78%
    McClintock - 78%
    Broun - 77%
    Bentivolio - 74%
    Huelskamp - 74%
    Yoho - 74%
    Jones - 70%
    Sensenbrenner - 70%
    Stockman - 70%

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    We need our own scorecard. I've been keeping one on my own for the House and this is how my scorecard ranks the top 10 on 23 votes so far this year:

Amash - 100%
    Massie - 100%
    Sanford - 100%
    Duncan - 78%
    McClintock - 78%
    Broun - 77%
    Bentivolio - 74%
    Huelskamp - 74%
    Yoho - 74%
    Jones - 70%
    Sensenbrenner - 70%
    Stockman - 70%
    That's depressing. 3 at 100 and the next closest is 78 percent.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    See, this makes me question the validity of the system they use...

It probably weights every vote equally, which makes most Republicans look good on paper. But when you factor in how some issues matter more than others, it doesn't hold water.

A vote to raise the debt ceiling, while wrong, is not equivalent to a vote to bomb a foreign country and murder innocents.
    Devil's in the details. What if your way of weighting votes is different then my weighting of votes.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Devil's in the details. What if your way of weighting votes is different then my weighting of votes.
    Everybody has a different opinion. That's why it's important to discuss methods when putting together a scorecard. In that way anyone can make up their mind based on the numbers as they know how it was put together. In a way if you have an opposite view a low percentage on a scorecard would be something good.

Quote Originally Posted by J_White View Post
    good score, but how is Rubio getting 80% ?
    He has had 1 of the least bad records in the US Senate since he joined the US Senate. Maybe it has something to due with him not being in the US Senate very long so he is less corrupt. That might be helping a lot of the Tea Party Senators. Or maybe they do better because they are Tea Party Senators which aligns well with the beliefs of the John Birch Society people.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    The reasoning behind what gets a plus or minus is always constitutionalism.
    Strict construction is not necessarily equivalent to freedom.
    While in the ultimate grand scheme of things this may be correct, its very rare that there's a vote in modern America that is unconstitutional because it gives the Federal government "too little power." Its pretty much always because its too much.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

According to the list, the worst Republican are the Senators from IL and ME.

Name: Mark Kirk
    Senate: Illinois, Republican
    Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 33%

Name: Susan Collins
    Senate: Maine, Republican
    Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 40%

Also of note, TN, GA and MS all have 2 low scoring Republican senators. If Congressman Paul Broun is elected to the Senate for GA, that will really help.

See it all here. http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedomindex/index.php
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Bridenstine and McClintock for Senate!
    Coburn isn't seeking reelection, so Bridenstine should run for his seat!

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo View Post
    Coburn isn't seeking reelection, so Bridenstine should run for his seat!
    While Coburn is 1 of the least bad Senators (heck, I still remember donating to him when he started his campaign), it would be great if he was replaced with someone even less bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    While Coburn is 1 of the least bad Senators (heck, I still remember donating to him when he started his campaign), it would be great if he was replaced with someone even less bad.
    Coburn has an 82% rating from the JBS and Bridenstine has 100%. Sounds better to me, even though Bridenstine has only served one term and Coburn's overall score is pushed down by the 65% he got in 2005-2006.

Keep in mind that ALL of them, everyone in congress is working against your freedom. So Rand is working the least hard to take away your freedoms.
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Fredom101 View Post
    Keep in mind that ALL of them, everyone in congress is working against your freedom. So Rand is working the least hard to take away your freedoms.
    Even Ron Paul when he was in office?
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Fredom101 View Post
    Would that also apply to Ron Paul when he was in Congress?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast