Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowden On His Way To ....Austria?

Smile Snowden On His Way To ....Austria?

Snowden to Pass Through Norway to Iceland

Correction:

Snowden sought Austrian asylum: Austria

VIENNA | Tue Jul 2, 2013 5:46am EDT

(Reuters) - Former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden applied for political asylum in Austria via the country's Moscow embassy on Monday but would need to submit such a request directly in Austria, Interior Minister Johanna Mikl-Leitner said on Tuesday.

(Reuters) - Former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden applied for political asylum in Austria via the country's Moscow embassy on Monday but would need to submit such a request directly in Austria, Interior Minister Johanna Mikl-Leitner said on Tuesday.

The Austria Press Agency quoted her as saying Snowden would not be deported if he arrived in Austria because "there is no international arrest warrant".

Last edited by Contumacious; 07-02-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    YES!! WOOHOOOO!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

YAY!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

This is a week old and based on very sketchy information

Yippee!!!
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    o ugh

Pirate Party Norway: - Snowden to Pass Through Norway to Iceland

Organization Pirate Party Norway claims that spy accused Edward Snowden would land at Oslo Gardermon airport last night.

24.06.2013 - Oslo

http://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/38...way-to-iceland

The party leader Řystein Jakobsen would meet with Snowden when he was supposed to land on Sunday evening, according to the party’s twitter account.

- We have received information from our international umbrella party, the Pirate Parties International (PPI), that he will stop in Norway. The reason is that this is probably the quickest and easiest way to fly to Iceland, says Tale Řstrĺdal from the Pirate Party to TV2 Norway

Řsrĺdal also said that Pirate Party in Iceland confirmed Snowden’s stay in the country. Iceland has become a haven for people like him, almost a "Pirate Island," says Řstrĺdal.

The party leader Jakobsen, on the other hand, thanked the former agent. He has sacrificed his whole life for something he felt wrong. What he has done is exemplary. He has sacrificed a life of freedom to inform the public about a serious infringement, says Jakobsen to TV 2

According to Oslo Gardermoen Airport websites, a flight from Moscow arrived in Oslo at 19.25 on Sunday evening. Bu the press officer of the airport did not give any information about the details.

Also, police at the airport told TV 2 that they do not have any information about the case.

Update: 25.06.2013

Co-Chairman of the Norwegian Pirate Party, Řystein Middelthun said to The Nordic Page that they never claimed Edward Snowden landed in Norway, but were informed that he had booked tickets from Moscow to Iceland via Norway.

- We did not know whether he would use these tickets or not, but were present at the airport should he choose to do so. As events played out nothing indicates that he did come through Norway, and we are as much in the dark about his whereabouts as the rest of the world, added he.

About Snowden

Edward Joseph Snowden is a former technical contractor and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) employee who worked for Booz Allen Hamilton, a contractor for the National Security Agency (NSA), before leaking details of classified NSA mass surveillance programs to the press. Snowden shared classified material on a variety of top-secret NSA programs, including the interception of US telephone metadata and the PRISM surveillance program, primarily with Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian, which published a series of exposés based on Snowden’s disclosures in June 2013. Snowden said the leaks were an effort "to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Snowden’s alleged leaks are said to rank among the most significant breaches in the history of the NSA. Matthew M. Aid, an intelligence historian in Washington, said disclosures linked to Snowden have "confirmed longstanding suspicions that NSA’s surveillance in this country is far more intrusive than we knew." On June 14, 2013, US federal prosecutors filed a sealed complaint, made public on June 21,[8][9] charging Snowden with theft of government property, unauthorized communication of national defense information and willful communication of classified intelligence with an unauthorized person; the latter two allegations are under the Espionage Act.

About Pirate Party Norway

Piratpartiet Norge (Norwegian for The Pirate Party of Norway) is a Norwegian political party which was founded on the 16. December 2012. The basic principles are "full transparency in the state management, privacy on the internet, as well as better use of IT and technology to make a better democracy." On December 17. 2012 they announced that the 5000 signatures required to take part in the next general election had been received. The party is a part of the Pirate Parties International.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-02-2013 at 04:47 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Noooo! I totally missed the dates when I clicked over.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Yah, hate to throw a wet blanket, but facts are facts.

There's this:

LA PAZ, Bolivia (AP) — Bolivia's foreign minister says the plane bringing President Evo Morales home from Russia was rerouted to Austria after France and Portugal refused to let it to cross their airspace because of suspicions that NSA leaker Edward Snowden was on board.

David Choquehuanca has denied that Snowden was on the plane, saying "we don't know who invented this lie, but we want to denounce to the international community this injustice with the plane of President Evo Morales."

Bolivia's foreign minister said Tuesday that both France and Portugal canceled authorization for the plane to enter their airspace.

Morales traveled to Russia over the weekend and from Moscow said he would consider an asylum request from the NSA leaker.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/boliv...d-snowden-fear

Yep, as did I.

The Austria Press Agency quoted her as saying Snowden would not be deported if he arrived in Austria because "there is no international arrest warrant".

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

The truth hurts! They even updated the next day:

http://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/38...snowden-claims

Co-Chairman of the Norwegian Pirate Party, Řystein Middelthun said to The Nordic Page that they never claimed Edward Snowden landed in Norway, but were informed that he had booked tickets from Moscow to Iceland via Norway.

- We did not know whether he would use these tickets or not, but were present at the airport should he choose to do so. As events played out nothing indicates that he did come through Norway, and we are as much in the dark about his whereabouts as the rest of the world, added he.
    Today: Norway Will Reject Snowden’s Asylum Application
    On Monday, Edward Snowden made asylum application to Norway. The Norwegian Ministry of Justice says that the application will be rejected.
    http://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/38...tion-to-norway

State Secretary Pĺl Lřnseth from the Justice Ministry told Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation that the application will be rejected because Snowden was in Russia when he applied for asylum.

- According to Norwegian law, one can not seek asylum from abroad, and the normal procedure dictates that the asylum application of Edward Snowden will be rejected, says Lřnseth.
    $#@!ing paperwork!!!!

My kingdom for a country on this planet with the balls to stand up to the filthy, fascist American Empire!
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    Snowden to Pass Through Norway to Iceland

Correction:

Waive the paperwork and location requirements, FFS!
    Last edited by Lucille; 07-02-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Waive the paperwork and location requirements, FFS!
    That is not done in the New World, comrade.

Your papers must always be in order.

$#@! this prison planet and its billions of mindless sheeple.

I want off this rock.

I got just a tiny bit happy there--Austria is a stunningly beautiful country, and if they provide him with asylum I'd definitely start making plans for a return vacation at some point in the future.

(Not that I think I'd see Snowden or anything, just because I fell in love with the country many years ago and it'd justify me spending money there.)

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I got just a tiny bit happy there--Austria is a stunningly beautiful country, and if they provide him with asylum I'd definitely start making plans for a return vacation at some point in the future.

(Not that I think I'd see Snowden or anything, just because I fell in love with the country many years ago and it'd justify me spending money there.)
    Would be nice, it is a beautiful place.

But I'm quite sure they will turn him away as well.

Truth is Treason in the global Empire of lies.

Would be nice, it is a beautiful place.

But I'm quite sure they will turn him away as well.

Truth is Treason in the global Empire of lies.
    I suspect you're right--they're probably part of the EU and just as weak and beholden as any other country over there.

Austria should do it just to make up for Hitler (and his successors who have taken over the United States)!
    --Albert J. Nock

I want off this rock.
    I am beginning to think we are way out here in the middle of nowhere in the universe for a reason. None of the other advance societies that may exists in the universe want anything to do with us.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    I am beginning to think we are way out here in the middle of nowhere in the universe for a reason. None of the other advance societies that may exists in the universe want anything to do with us.
    Or, perhaps our species $#@!ed things up really really badly way way in the past and we were sentenced to this planet as a prison.
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    I wrote a game storyboard not too long ago based on this type of scenario.
    We try to leave the planet after a great calamity and before exiting our solar system are stopped and told to return and make due. But we were given some new tech (from the great council) to help defend ourselves, since now the treaty was broken between the various other species that as long as we stay within our own solar system they would not destroy our corrupt base specie.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 07-02-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    Or, perhaps our species $#@!ed things up really really badly way way in the past and we were sentenced to this planet as a prison.
    Yah, that's called Adam and Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    I wrote a game storyboard not too long ago based on this type of scenario.
    We try to leave the planet after a great calamity and before exiting our solar system are stopped and told to return and make due. But we were given some new tech (from the great council) to help defend ourselves, since now the treaty was broken between the various other species that as long as we stay within our own solar system they would not destroy our corrupt base specie.
    I love that! LOVE! You have to make it.
    --Albert J. Nock

I love that! LOVE! You have to make it.
    My oldest son and a nephew are trying to talk me into doing it, and teaching them along the way.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    My oldest son and a nephew are trying to talk me into doing it, and teaching them along the way.
    Then you have to! You just have to. It's so great.
    --Albert J. Nock

Wow Clyde I love your imagination. And I agree with Lucille.

Hang In There, Mr. Snowden. Our hopes and dreams are your hopes and dreams.
    Last edited by anaconda; 07-03-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast