Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain Promises "Most Militarized Border Since the Fall of the Berlin Wall"

John McCain Promises "Most Militarized Border Since the Fall of the Berlin Wall"

I find this sickening and tragic, but Boobus probably cheers. I don't even know what to say any more. I feel like I am in a constant state of high dudgeon, and it's exhausting.

John McCain Promises "Most Militarized Border Since the Fall of the Berlin Wall"
    http://reason.com/blog/2013/06/25/jo...militarized-bo

Bear in mind as you read this: John McCain is trying to argue for the amendment.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday said that an amendment advanced by the Senate would leave the U.S. with the "most militarized border" since the fall of the Berlin Wall and pave the way for the passage of comprehensive immigration reform.

"The legislation concerning beefed up border security removes any validity to the argument that border security is not sufficient," McCain said of the amendment from Sens. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and John Hoeven (R-N.D.) in an interview on CNN.

"I mean this is not only sufficient it is well over sufficient. We'll be the most militarized border since the fall of the Berlin Wall. That's why I think this amendment was very important," he added.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He... wants.... to turn America.... into cold war Berlin... literally....
    It's hard to surprise me these days, but congratulations Sunshine John, you've done it today.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

He's trolling us. He knows we know that the side of the Berlin Wall he wants us on is East, not West.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The man is a serial liar. The drugs and servants will flow. It's the American way.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-25-2013 at 10:27 AM.

lol.
    Last edited by PSYOP; 06-27-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    //////////////////

What about those who cross the border legally, then overstay their visas? "Berlin Wall" is not designed to stop them.

Think about it for a second. You will never see a secure border in our lifetime. Number #1. The CIA and the investment firms/banks don't want the party to end in terms of the innumerable benefits they are afforded by the illegal drug trade. Number #2 Big Business is never going to kick it's illegal alien addiction. John is simply bloviating because word got out that the Corker amendment is merely an empty gesture in terms of border security.

Im sure he will make good on this promise, little do the people know, this wall is to keep us IN.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Think about it for a second. You will never see a secure border in our lifetime. Number #1. The CIA and the investment firms/banks don't want the party to end in terms of the innumerable benefits they are afforded by the illegal drug trade. Number #2 Big Business is never going to kick it's illegal alien addiction. John is simply bloviating because word got out that the Corker amendment is merely an empty gesture in terms of border security.
    Nope, we will see a secure border, only when its time to keep us in, which is...kinda now.

LOL of course he says that like its a wonderful thing.. to him(a murderous $#@!), it is.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Nope, we will see a secure border, only when its time to keep us in, which is...kinda now.
    They have capital controls almost set in place as well as passport restrictions. They don't need a physical border.

"The legislation concerning beefed up border security removes any validity to the argument that border security is not sufficient," McCain said of the amendment from Sens. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and John Hoeven (R-N.D.) in an interview on CNN.

Okay, is it just me, or are my two senators, Corker and Alexander of TN, not two of the worst most evil numnuts on capital hill?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Okay, is it just me, or are my two senators, Corker and Alexander of TN, not two of the worst most evil numnuts on capital hill?
    oh they are... surprising as I always considered TN a pretty conservative state but I guess the senate has been out of the hands of the states for quite a while now
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Just fly,, train, or boat on into the US... then Stay... it's that simply.

If you're lucky and a hot lookin chick, marry mom's son living the basement, have anchor baby and you're all set. Green Card and Naturalization to follow.

BTW.. one of the biggest scams going on inside the US are these naturalize citizens/ethnic Americans in their tight little groups, looking out for and now forming "Amnesty Organizations" to help with aliens staying in the US. Mexicans, Central Americans, East Indians, Pakistanis, Russians, Afghanis, whatever, etc etc, it's a huge business. They have all the teams(websites/radio stations/media ads) and legal assistance you need to setup/startup for a permanent stay... of course under the duress of origin persecutions.

Then it's onto public assistance, welfare state, plus many pool together, then team up in the same locations, bank money and goods together. America used to be about individualism and freedom, now it's collectivism and control.

Whatever rules/law, walls, guns, guards, drones... won't stop the influx until the Welfare State is addressed.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 06-25-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

His selling point is a similarity to the Berlin Wall???!?!?!??!?!?!
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

That old fart needs a good, swift kick in the pants, he's probably too old to comprehend much else.

Whenever someone says to "respect my elders" I always think of people like him and Pelosi.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

They are clearly both nuts.You are correct.

Well if given the choice I prefer our military on our border rather than Iraq's, Syria's or Afghanistan's.

Yay? What the hell is wrong with Arizonians to keep electing this guy. Its like he is beta-testing for ultimate tyranny. Does he wake up every morning and says "lets see what terrible thing I can say today and still get re-elected." Even he has to be surprised at this point.

“The people that want big fences and guns, sure, we could secure the border. A barbed wire fence with machine guns, that would do the trick. I don’t believe that is what America is all about. Every time you think about this toughness on the border [...] it’s a penalty against the American people too. I think this fence business is designed and may well be used against us and keep us in. In economic turmoil, the people want to leave with their capital and there’s capital controls and there’s people controls. Every time you think about the fence, think about the fences being used against us, keeping us in.”

Who said this? You get one guess. (If you need more than one, you really don't belong here ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-25-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Exclamation McCain:We’ll make border with Mexico look like ‘the Berlin Wall'.

I'm sure you will, you fascist $#@!.

McCain: We’ll make border with Mexico look like ‘the Berlin Wall’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/2...e-berlin-wall/

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said Tuesday that the Senate should include an amendment for increased border security in its new bipartisan immigration reform bill. In video featured by Talking Points Memo, McCain said that the amendment, proposed by Sens. Bob Corker (R-TN) and John Hoeven (R-ND) would make the border between Mexico and the U.S. into “most militarized border since the fall of the Berlin Wall.”

McCain said of the amendment, which passed Monday, to CNN, “I think that, first of all, the legislation concerning beefed up border security removes any validity to the argument that border security is not sufficient. I mean, this is not only sufficient, it is well over sufficient. We’ll be the most militarized border since the fall of the Berlin Wall so that’s why I think this amendment was very important.”
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-26-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

And they laughed at Jesse and Ron when they said it would be used to keep us in...

They're not laughing anymore.

And the walls came down...

Don't want to let Al-Qaeda into the US via Mexico! After all, Sen. McCain and Pre. Obama are working their hardest to arm as many Al-Qaeda linked rebels in Syria as possible. It is only a matter of time before Al-Qaeda uses the 100s of millions of US government funding to murder innocent Americas in America.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 06-26-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need a wall on the border to Canada. I am tired of those Canadians sneaking into here and bringing their hockey and maple syrup with them.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    We need a wall on the border to Canada. I am tired of those Canadians sneaking into here and bringing their hockey and maple syrup with them.
    No kidding...one snuck in and married me...where was the fence?

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    We have a ton of them in New Hampshire. Even the Interstate signs are in English and French. It isn't right, I tell you! In fact, the main Porcfest food vendor had 2 Canadians working for them. Heck, went on a hike at Porcfest and there was a dang Canadian on the hike! Don't they have mountains in Canada?!!!

Last edited by Keith and stuff; 06-26-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    We have a ton of them in New Hampshire. Even the Interstate signs are in English and French. It isn't right, I tell you! In fact, the main vendor had 2 Canadians working for them. Heck, went on a hike at Porcfest and there was a dang Canadian on the hike! Don't they have mountains in Canada?!!!
    That is funny to me about the English and French. Around here it is English and Spanish. Trying to navigate the ATM at my bank yesterday enraged me slightly when I was trying to decipher the poor screen formatting that was interlaced with English and Spanish directions.

I can just picture McCain as he said that. I am sure he had a smug look on his face.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rlin-Wall-quot

But it's so appalling, it deserves a second thread.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    “The people that want big fences and guns, sure, we could secure the border. A barbed wire fence with machine guns, that would do the trick. I don’t believe that is what America is all about. Every time you think about this toughness on the border [...] it’s a penalty against the American people too. I think this fence business is designed and may well be used against us and keep us in. In economic turmoil, the people want to leave with their capital and there’s capital controls and there’s people controls. Every time you think about the fence, think about the fences being used against us, keeping us in.”

Who said this? You get one guess. (If you need more than one, you really don't belong here ...)
    ^ Ron Paul!

(ETA what I was responding to, and thanks for the heads-up OB, but I guess a Ron Paul! coming out of nowhere is always good too. )
    Last edited by Lucille; 06-26-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast