Thread: So I have to go get paid work,

So I have to go get paid work,

and just drew up my first political resume. I have always done technical stuff which is different, so it was a little new to me. None of the links go anywhere, it's all still in beta. If'n I'm not already on the list I'm doing it wrong so don't worry about the contact info.

http://glenbradley.net/share/r/res13b.pdf

I think I'm going to shop it to Walter Jones, Greg Brannon, and Rand Paul, and if those go nowhere work on some local think tanks and policy punks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ohmega.comm seems to have an extra "m"

"install a new government" might need rephrasing

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Ohmega.comm seems to have an extra "m"
    that was actually it's registered name. Used to be online at ohmegacomm.com back in the day.

"install a new government" might need rephrasing
    Went all the way back to Jefferson with that one. I'm not too worried about it, I'm not going to work for Mitch McConnell. Stuff like that the only people I want to work for are going to get anyway.

if I have to go beyond the top three into think-tanks and such I can file that edge off. Unless it's Jeffersonian in nature lol.

I found out the John Locke Foundation is based in North Carolina.
    http://www.johnlocke.org/
    That sounds right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I found out the John Locke Foundation is based in North Carolina.
    http://www.johnlocke.org/
    That sounds right up your alley.
    Indeed, A-List. If I can pick up a real-time advisory position though, that will be even better.

Well this may sound crazy, in many arenas it's not that crazy, especially sales positions, which politics sort of is. You shouldn't be sending a resume anywhere, instead start requesting resumes, and sort thru them and figure out where you want to work, instead of requesting work.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Indeed, A-List. If I can pick up a real-time advisory position though, that will be even better.
    Talk to Becki Gray....I have her business card if you don't (and need contact info). You represent a legitimate faction (young folks in particular) of the Party and might be able to project Locke's communications to that particular constituency.

Gunny you will be a huge asset wherever you go.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Gunny you will be a huge asset wherever you go.
    This.

And that's asset, asset.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Goodluck Gunny!
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

I'm in the same area, looking for probably the same sorts of things. It's slim pickens. Let me know how you do, Gunny. And if you find something, give them my resume too! lol sigh
    “There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them.”
    ~ George Orwell

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
    ~Upton Sinclair

How apropos to use entertainment biz lingo...as you're in showbiz for the ugly. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Gunny, take it from me and skip the foundations/think tanks and get a position with Brannon. He would be absolutely dumb not to hire you unless his fundraising isn't going well and he can't spare it?

You should pitch for either deputy campaign manager or grassroots organizer and demonstrate to him how you can leverage your connections and experience to build an unstoppable grassroots machine from top to bottom in North Carolina that will help deliver him the nomination.

I'm very impressed with Brannon and he's a great candidate who should be an easy sell but he needs a machine behind him and that's where your knowledge, contacts and experience can come in working with Tea Party groups and anyone else. You have a deep knowledge of the terrain and what's needed to reach the primary voters. You can help build lists and recruit volunteers. You can run the call center to make sure voters are kept in contact and know where to go on polling day next year etc.

If all goes well and I think it will for Greg if you're successful you might be in line for a senior position in a senators office in Washington either as a deputy chief of staff or a legislative director. Since you've been a state rep and involved in the legislative process in the statehouse and written bills this is invaluable and he would know your very capable and can be trusted. These jobs would pay six figures with awesome benefits out of the senators office budget.

If things dont go well then you'll have a year with an awesome statewide campaign behind you and a top reference fom a respected Doctor. Then you should look at foundations or whatever but not when a once in a generation campaign for a prized U.S Senate seat is on your damn doorstep and you have the perfect candidate in Brannon.

Think about that... this is once in a generation opportunity right on your doorstep. Seize the moment. Even for low pay. With you busting 10-12 hours a day for him Brannon will win the nomination easier then all he needs to do is take down the most unpopular incumbent in America.
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-04-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

Last I checked, Brannon has raised about $47,000 which doesn't provide much cushion for paid staff. Don't get me wrong, I back Brannon 100% but the money isn't there until AFTER he wins the nod next spring. And then he'll need the establishment to not get in his way. Of course, I think he's picked up support from enough members of the State Executive Committee (certain county chairmen) such that Pope et al., will get crucified if it becomes perceived that the State Party didn't back our candidate to the hilt...but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Gunny, take it from me and skip the foundations/think tanks and get a position with Brannon. He would be absolutely dumb not to hire you unless his fundraising isn't going well and he can't spare it?

You should pitch for either deputy campaign manager or grassroots organizer and demonstrate to him how you can leverage your connections and experience to build an unstoppable grassroots machine from top to bottom in North Carolina that will help deliver him the nomination.

I'm very impressed with Brannon and he's a great candidate who should be an easy sell but he needs a machine behind him and that's where your knowledge, contacts and experience can come in working with Tea Party groups and anyone else. You have a deep knowledge of the terrain and what's needed to reach the primary voters. You can help build lists and recruit volunteers. You can run the call center to make sure voters are kept in contact and know where to go on polling day next year etc.

If all goes well and I think it will for Greg if you're successful you might be in line for a senior position in a senators office in Washington either as a deputy chief of staff or a legislative director. Since you've been a state rep and involved in the legislative process in the statehouse and written bills this is invaluable and he would know your very capable and can be trusted. These jobs would pay six figures with awesome benefits out of the senators office budget.

If things dont go well then you'll have a year with an awesome statewide campaign behind you and a top reference fom a respected Doctor. Then you should look at foundations or whatever but not when a once in a generation campaign for a prized U.S Senate seat is on your damn doorstep and you have the perfect candidate in Brannon.

Think about that... this is once in a generation opportunity right on your doorstep. Seize the moment. Even for low pay. With you busting 10-12 hours a day for him Brannon will win the nomination easier then all he needs to do is take down the most unpopular incumbent in America.

Yeah Old, there's a year to go though so I wouldn't expect someone like Brannon to be flush with cash. He will have to rely on late money and endorsements.

I think his candidacy is exciting and Gunny should try and be part of it where possible. They'll sort of help each other and if Greg wins the rewards will be clear with the possibility of a senior position in a senator's office.

As I said these campaigns come along once in a generation especially for the Senate.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsouljer View Post
    Talk to Becki Gray....I have her business card if you don't (and need contact info). You represent a legitimate faction (young folks in particular) of the Party and might be able to project Locke's communications to that particular constituency.
    Becki Gray is a close ally and associate of Skip Stam, the guy who recruited his legislative aid to primary Glen last year.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As good as the Locke Foundation (and all their associated organizations) sounds, they're not all they're cracked up to be. They're all creations of Art Pope, who is now the Budget Director for Governor Pat McCrory. They don't believe in nullification and have been getting mealy-mouthed about things like eliminating the individual state income tax and having a tough Voter ID law. In my opinion, they're not going to be interested in throwing Glen a job because he made a habit of making them look, however indirectly, like a bunch of moderate squishes by comparison.

Ladyjade is right, unless you're connected, there aren't many political jobs to pick from in this state. That's why my 9 to 5 is selling tires. It's not that I wouldn't LIKE to get paid to do politics, but let's be realistic here: someone who pays someone else to play politics expects a return on that investment, and 90% of the time, that means tax breaks or some other loot. The remaining 10% of the time it's to further someone else's agenda, not yours.

No one is going to pay you to pursue your own ideological agenda. If that's what you want to do, you're going to have to start your own consulting/direct mail business, and that means you're going to have to convince your customers that you can raise money better than the next guy. That's how the Mike Rothfelds and Kirk Shelleys of the world get paid to pursue exactly the agenda they want to pursue.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

How goes the job hunt?

Well, Rand has received my resume and acknowledged receipt.

I'm trying to figure out how to set up a web gallery for PDF filed to showcase my design work

having a hard time with that.

But I do have 90 examples of my work to share when I do come up with a PDF gallery.

I'm trying to figure out how to set up a web gallery for PDF filed to showcase my design work

But I do have 90 examples of my work to share when I do come up with a PDF gallery.
    Wix is nice if you're looking for a convenient way to make your web gallery without the hassle of starting from scratch and coding or the expense of paying someone to do all that work for you.

Good luck!

and just drew up my first political resume. I have always done technical stuff which is different, so it was a little new to me. None of the links go anywhere, it's all still in beta. If'n I'm not already on the list I'm doing it wrong so don't worry about the contact info.

http://glenbradley.net/share/r/res13b.pdf

I think I'm going to shop it to Walter Jones, Greg Brannon, and Rand Paul, and if those go nowhere work on some local think tanks and policy punks.
    If you have the opportunity, you should contact the Club for Growth about running for Congress. They are looking for someone to primary RINO Renee Ellmers. You would be a fantastic candidate for The Club for Growth because your views mirror those of Justin Amash, who has a 100% rating from them. If anything, they can see your legislative record and accomplishments unless many other prospective opponents. This would be a much better opportunity than primarying your own Congressman because the Club is powerful, influental, and has deep pockets. Here's hoping that North Carolina has a great year for liberty
    in 2014. http://www.primarymycongressman.com/...ellmers-nc-02/

You could probably get a college kid in graphic design to do this for you for a case of natty light.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    If you have the opportunity, you should contact the Club for Growth about running for Congress. They are looking for someone to primary RINO Renee Ellmers. You would be a fantastic candidate for The Club for Growth because your views mirror those of Justin Amash, who has a 100% rating from them. If anything, they can see your legislative record and accomplishments unless many other prospective opponents. This would be a much better opportunity than primarying your own Congressman because the Club is powerful, influental, and has deep pockets. Here's hoping that North Carolina has a great year for liberty
    in 2014. http://www.primarymycongressman.com/...ellmers-nc-02/
    After redistricting, Ellmers is no longer in my district. It's now George Holding. While in the reconstruction States you can run for the US House outside of your district, between the money inequality, the gender bias (women tend to have a 6-12 point lead just by being a woman) and the fact that I live outside of the district would make that a nearly impossible feat. George Holding needs to go too, but this dude could throw down $2 Million for a primary if he wanted to.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I appreciate that, but I don't have a WordPress install of any kind. In fact, I'm not using any frameworks but a small hand-coded PHP script for security and stylesheets. I have found more than one way to embed PDF into a Wordpress framework, and have therefore considered installing a WP instance just to host a PDF gallery, but that's a lot of unnecessary space and bandwidth, so the OCD efficiency guy in me keeps recoiling at that idea.

I appreciate that, but I don't have a WordPress install of any kind. In fact, I'm not using any frameworks but a small hand-coded PHP script for security and stylesheets. I have found more than one way to embed PDF into a Wordpress framework, and have therefore considered installing a WP instance just to host a PDF gallery, but that's a lot of unnecessary space and bandwidth, so the OCD efficiency guy in me keeps recoiling at that idea.
    This is weird but we are coincidentally following each other on twitter. I guess it happens when follower bases overlap.