Thread: Bolton mulling 2016 run?

Bolton mulling 2016 run?

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nning-in-2016/
    Robert Costa reports some very funny news:

But Paul’s positions and rapid ascent have alarmed many Republican hawks. Behind the scenes, they’re worried that he has a shot at the nomination.

Enter John Bolton. Bolton, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, is being encouraged by several leading conservative power brokers to consider a presidential bid.
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

LOL the same John Bolton whom stated this?

Good luck losing again GOP even though the elections well you know...

I thought this was about Michael Bolton. Now I'm disappointed.

Please don't call Michael Bolton.

We all need to face the reality that whoever we want for president is going to be fought from all angles

I would rather see the 5 year old neighborhood brat running loose with a stick of dynamite than see John Bolton turned loose with an arsenal of nukes.

What the republicans need to win is an old white guy. That'll win it for them!
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Yeah, they need to find an appealing brown candidate to run.

Critically important.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Collectivist much?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Bolton is a turd. Even some neo-conservatives may question this. Just like they now question McCain, Graham, Rubio, Flake and Ayotte.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I hope he does!

Because Bolton is such an easily caricatured and genuinely dangerous hawk, a 2016 Bolton presidential bid might be one of the better things to happen to the cause of foreign policy restraint in the GOP in years. A Bolton campaign would have absolutely nothing new or relevant to say to most primary voters on the domestic issues that matter most to them, and Bolton’s hard-line foreign policy views would be an added drag to a candidacy that has no more reason to exist that Giuliani’s ill-fated 2008 bid. As an added bonus, a Bolton campaign would siphon off a little support from one or more of the slightly more credible hard-liners in the field. That would deprive Rubio or Santorum or whoever of some votes, and that in turn would make it easier for someone like Paul to prevail. On top of all this, Bolton has no experience campaigning or serving in elected office, so he would be a uniquely poor standard-bearer for the cause of hard-line foreign policy. Republican primary voters would reject a Bolton candidacy, and I imagine they would do overwhelmingly. If a Bolton candidacy made it harder for a Rubio or a Santorum to win in early states, it would also make the GOP slightly less likely to nominate a candidate with disastrous foreign policy ideas, and that would be good for the country as well as the party.

[...] Of course, Bolton will probably spoil all of this by not running, but it’s telling how oblivious these “leading conservative power brokers” are to the sentiments of most people in their own party that they think this is a good idea.
    I Am A Camera says:
    June 24, 2013 at 11:03 pm

I say bring it on. I can’t imagine a more edifying spectacle than the mild mannered Sen. Paul looking on in polite bemusement as a bug-eyed Bolton wipes the spittle from his mustaches with both hands.
    LOL

Roose Bolton was also mentioned. Some great meme material there!
    Last edited by Lucille; 06-25-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

This isn't a serious candidacy, Bolton is obviously not Presidential material.

He's just being pimped by the GOP to get another war-hawk, party-line-spouter out on the stage who will feed the narrative but won't draw primary votes away from the serious GOP-approved candidates.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Just find that mashup that the Daily Show did that showed him saying on Fox news each country he thought we should bomb and/or send troops into...

LMAO.... great vid. Can't find it though. Any help?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

"The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Everything
    Cuz We're ALL The Walrus And They Want Us Dead"

Anyone But Hillary -Bolton 2016
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Bolton is an insane man and I am convinced no one could possibly take him seriously.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, I so hope he does.

The way I see it, Bolton has no real chance at the nomination. He would be a Santorum like candidate to neocons. But his presence would be awesome. I'm sure he'd spend most of his time attacking Rand Paul, trying to pull a Rudy. What Mr. Bolton might not know is that it was that moment during the debate that woke me and many many other Americans up. If he wants to slam Paul for not loving war enough, I welcome it. Because I think that would only make Rand more popular with the general public when they realize his first response is not to blow everything up and get involved in everyone's business.

More to be offended by... Poor Michael

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Frothy 2?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!