Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rep. Peter King calls Rand Paul’s remarks on Snowden ‘absolutely disgraceful’

Rep. Peter King calls Rand Paul’s remarks on Snowden ‘absolutely disgraceful’

Rand has the neocons in fits, LOL.

By Eric W. Dolan
    Sunday, June 23, 2013 14:06 EDT

Representative Peter King (R-KY) lashed out at fellow Republican Rand Paul on Sunday over National Security Agency (NSA) leaker Edward Snowden.

King said on Fox News the United States should take whatever action necessary to extradite Snowden to the United States.

“I think it is important for the American people to realize that this guy is a traitor, a defector, he’s not a hero,” the congressman added. “And I heard Senator Rand Paul this morning actually compared Snowden to General Clapper. What’s happened to our country? This is a traitor, and for anyone to be comparing him to a U.S. military hero is absolutely disgraceful.”

read more:
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/2...y-disgraceful/
    Last edited by jct74; 06-23-2013 at 12:17 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wot a disgusting pig-man-bear...

GO IRA!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Clapper is a criminal. not a hero.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Screw this Archie Bunker troglodyte.

Peter King is dirty!

The SOB has his own best interests at heart.

For any human to make such noise over the truth speaks volumes to me.

gremlins//
    Last edited by tod evans; 06-23-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Can he be recalled? He is in effect defending tyranny.

This authoritarian POS makes me sick everytime he talks.
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand is the only man in America who can possibly save Snowden.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

It's so ridiculous. These people are like the mafia. Their outrage is over the fact that someone snitched on their criminal activity.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Just so you guys fully understand the neo-cons argument, let me explain to you why they are freaking out. (Disclaimer, I don't hold this viewpoint - but I do understand it.)

There is a war for information in the world. This information exists across all networks and all developed countries actively try to control theirs and encroach on the others. China, US, Russia, Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, etc. all do this - not just the US. They all spy on their own citizens and as much info on foreigners as they possibly can. There is an active war for infospace. In the minds of the neocons, (at least the ones that understand), Snowden's actions severely damaged the US's position in this global war.

Further, they are afraid that if Snowden gives out the information that he knows to our enemies, it will damage our position even more. He doesn't even have to give it freely - if he's captured, he's a huge risk.

Ok. So now that we can understand their concerns, I think it's instructive to dismantle them properly. First, this should not have been done in secrecy - if the country needs to develop this type of defense system, the American people need to know how it works so we can have debate about it. If not for Snowden, this debate couldn't happen. Second, if we can agree that this war is active, then our position in the US should be to protect ourselves and our data as much as possible - not to engage in the spying on free people. It's the difference between a robust defense and an offensive weapon (aimed at abroad and at home).

I'm sure you guys can come up with more arguments. But I find it very useful to understand the opposition's viewpoint prior to arguing with them - otherwise, we see it one way and they see it another and we can never bridge the gap. I know some of us want to say, "Screw bridging the gap! Fourth Amendment!", but when they're looking at a different picture, they can easily justify their position.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Rand is the only man in America who can possibly save Snowden.
    Yeah, I wonder if Rand would pardon Snowden if he were President?

I always find it a bit off when this guy calls anyone a traitor or a terrorist. its like he is just making a joke at every person who has a half a brain.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    I always find it a bit off when this guy calls anyone a traitor or a terrorist. its like he is just making a joke at every person who has a half a brain.
    And this goes here:

From Terrorist Bagman to Homeland Security Overlord: The Curious Career of Peter King

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ighlight=Grigg

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Screw this Archie Bunker troglodyte.
    Archie Bunker wasn't such a bad guy - once you got past all the ugly cruft on the outside.

Peter King, though, is a stinking turd, through and through - right down to the core.

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

Everytime i flush the toilet, i'm witness to Peter King's legacy.

OP says this guy is from KY, but isn't he from NY?

id bet he would on day one along with mnning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Yeah, I wonder if Rand would pardon Snowden if he were President?

I heard that Peter King cant be in the same chambers as Rand, one look and King just bursts into flames.

integrity must somehow have a flammable chemical reaction with neo-con blood.
    Never in the history of America have individuals come out to support a candidate like this. with so many of us willing to spend every dime to our name, donate every hour we can spare, and brave literally hell to vote for him. .

The significant majority of Republicans are like Peter King in their thinking. That's why I really have a major distaste for the GOP, almost as much as for the Dems.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Why does NY curse use with his stupidity?
    You can't run against him. The Nassau Country GOP will spite you if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    There is a war for information in the world. This information exists across all networks and all developed countries actively try to control theirs and encroach on the others. China, US, Russia, Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, etc. all do this - not just the US. They all spy on their own citizens and as much info on foreigners as they possibly can. There is an active war for infospace. In the minds of the neocons, (at least the ones that understand), Snowden's actions severely damaged the US's position in this global war.

Further, they are afraid that if Snowden gives out the information that he knows to our enemies, it will damage our position even more. He doesn't even have to give it freely - if he's captured, he's a huge risk.
    I'd really like to hear some more discussion about these points. The neocons think that the US must maintain infospace superiority beyond all other nations in order to protect ourselves from global threats. Sort of like how we have the best fighter jets, best logistics, best naval capacities. They believe in order for the US to have dominance in this realm, we need to have the most information and the best means of analyzing that data. If we only collected data from other countries, our presence would be woefully inadequate.

My thoughts would be that the US should concentrate on preventing our data from being accessed at all. Rev up the firewalls. It would have the ancillary effect of creating a secure atmosphere for businesses to operate. They wouldn't have to worry about their info being monitored if they conducted their business in the US. Hell, we could even advertise to global businesses to let them know the safest place to operate is here.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Exclamation Rep. Peter King calls Rand Paul’s remarks on Snowden ‘absolutely disgraceful’

Shameless cross post.

Hat Tip to jct74

Representative Peter King (R-KY) lashed out at fellow Republican Rand Paul on Sunday over National Security Agency (NSA) leaker Edward Snowden.

King said on Fox News the United States should take whatever action necessary to extradite Snowden to the United States.

“I think it is important for the American people to realize that this guy is a traitor, a defector, he’s not a hero,” the congressman added. “And I heard Senator Rand Paul this morning actually compared Snowden to General Clapper. What’s happened to our country? This is a traitor, and for anyone to be comparing him to a U.S. military hero is absolutely disgraceful.”

(Truth truly is treason in the Evil Empire - AF)

We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Shameless cross post.

Hat Tip to jct74

(Truth truly is treason in the Evil Empire - AF)

Rep King is a peter,or is it a dick.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Just imagine the kind of politician a future State is going to have! I mean they will do an intense background check on anyone who might hold a position of power, right? And that background check will now be able to include every thought you've "privately" expressed since your childhood. They will most certainly know how to push your buttons and your willingness to comply. Some would say this is already happening, but never to the level it will be once the younger generation starts running things!

The personality of every politician will be carefully mapped. If something doesn't change soon, you'd better get used to guys like this.

Whats wrong with his eyes?

This is coming from the same person who has backed Bush on Iraq and now Obama on Syria.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 06-23-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast