Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Nancy Mace addresses the RLC

  1. #1

    Nancy Mace addresses the RLC

    Nancy Mace spoke at the Lowcountry SCRLC meeting Wednesday night.

    .
    Reality is independent of Popularity.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Who is going to primary Lindsey?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  4. #3
    As far as I know, only Richard Cash has announced to run against Graham. Cash ran against Duncan in 2010 and all I know about him is from his website. He has already bought and aired ads on the radio here in Charleston. I'm hoping Mace, Davis, or Bright makes a move soon.

    Here's Cash's official site: http://www.richard-cash-for-senate.com/the-issues/
    Last edited by RSLudlum; 06-22-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    .
    Reality is independent of Popularity.

  5. #4
    She comes across as a very polished speaker with an inspiring story.

  6. #5
    So now Cash has at least officially announced? I see Mace may be laying ground work, but announcing officially would be nice if she intends to run.

  7. #6
    Strategically, I like Nancy running because Graham will hammer whoever his primary challenger is on not supporting the military, which plays particularly well in SC. Nancy graduating Magna Cum Laude from The Citadel blows Graham's usual tactic out of the water.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    She comes across as a very polished speaker with an inspiring story.
    Amen to that. She is very impressive not to mention tough, so Graham is gonna have a rough time trying to push her around. She comes across as very likeable and she also indicated that she's looking to take the path less traveled in regards to teaming up with Cruz, Lee and Paul. The fact that she name-dropped those three tells me she's on point and I'll be happy to do whatever I can to help her out.

  9. #8
    She seems a lot more serious than this Cash guy. If there's one person who can beat Lindsey, it's her (maybe she can even pick off some neocon votes with her Citadel background?)
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

    Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    She seems a lot more serious than this Cash guy. If there's one person who can beat Lindsey, it's her (maybe she can even pick off some neocon votes with her Citadel background?)
    And she should trounce Graham in the female demographic.

  12. #10
    Again, though, until she actually announces not just considers, it's just speculation. Yes, it's all but clear that she would run, but better to just, you know, come out and say it. Cash has at least done that.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    As far as I know, only Richard Cash has announced to run against Graham. Cash ran against Duncan in 2010 and all I know about him is from his website. He has already bought and aired ads on the radio here in Charleston. I'm hoping Mace, Davis, or Bright makes a move soon.

    Here's Cash's official site: http://www.richard-cash-for-senate.com/the-issues/
    It's going to be a problem if more than one candidate runs against Graham. If there's no run off system in South Carolina then the anti establishment Republicans will split the vote and allow Graham to win. If Mace runs she should try to convince Cash to get out of the race.

  14. #12
    In a time where liberty Republicans are already disliked by the mainstream party, how do you propose Mace go about convincing someone whose already declared they will run- where she hasn't- to suddenly just drop out of the race? This could've been solved if Mace had announced earlier and if the guessing game between her, Bright and Davis had been resolved months ago.

  15. #13
    Anyone know on when she is planning on making her announcement? I'm assuming then that Lee Bright won't run and then and get behind her?

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    It's going to be a problem if more than one candidate runs against Graham. If there's no run off system in South Carolina then the anti establishment Republicans will split the vote and allow Graham to win. If Mace runs she should try to convince Cash to get out of the race.
    South Carolina has a runoff system.

  17. #15
    There is no guessing game between Mace and Davis. Davis is a client of Mace and she coordinates virtually all of his events. That's an advantage I think Nancy will have. She handles PR for Mulvaney, Scott, and Davis, which covers a pretty good swath of the state. If she can secure the endorsement if Bright in the upstate then she will have a very good shot at getting Graham to at least a runoff.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    There is no guessing game between Mace and Davis. Davis is a client of Mace and she coordinates virtually all of his events. That's an advantage I think Nancy will have. She handles PR for Mulvaney, Scott, and Davis, which covers a pretty good swath of the state. If she can secure the endorsement if Bright in the upstate then she will have a very good shot at getting Graham to at least a runoff.
    I said had been resolved, in that period when there was still the possibility of any of the three of them running. She still has to actually declare she would run.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by South Park Fan View Post
    South Carolina has a runoff system.
    Oh, I didn't realize that. That's definitely good news.

  21. #18

  22. #19
    I'll go on record and predict she'll announce subsequently after the Senate votes on the final immigration bill, as Graham will vote yes.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I'll go on record and predict she'll announce subsequently after the Senate votes on the final immigration bill, as Graham will vote yes.
    Not a bad guess there.

  24. #21
    http://www.nationaljournal.com/daily...enger-20130508
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I'll go on record and predict she'll announce subsequently after the Senate votes on the final immigration bill, as Graham will vote yes.
    Well, she hasn't. At least, if she has the intent to. And Graham apparently isn't afraid of any challenger, either.

    Why Lindsey Graham Isn’t Afraid of a Conservative Challenger

    With $5.4 million, Graham has the second-highest amount of cash on hand of any senator in the cycle, bested only by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. “That didn’t happen by accident,” said Scott Farmer, Graham’s campaign manager. “Senator Graham is determined to have the financial resources he needs.”
    Karen Floyd, a former chairwoman of the South Carolina Republican Party, said Graham’s risky engagement on the topic reflects a gamble that will ultimately serve the party. And Graham has been clear in his belief that the GOP needs to court the fastest-growing group of voters—Latinos.

    “He is looking at a bigger picture,” Floyd said. “The numbers are overwhelming, in terms of the demographic Latino not voting Republican because of the message that the Republican Party has developed and sent, and so consequently I think he sees this as an opportunity to embrace a demographic that is a really fast-growing population.”

  25. #22
    Graham is pretty strong but not infallible. Talk radio will help the right candidate with Beck and Mark Levin on air expressing an interest in a challenger. The Savage Nation might also jump on the bandwagon and seize the opportunity to stick it to a proponent of amnesty. This is half the battle as it ensures the challenger will have some kind of national platform and will make waves and chatter among the normally asleep primary electorate in the state. Then once they can raise sufficient funds they can start bombarding them with mailers in the new year, radio ads and they would hope if they can raise 7 figures TV ads.

    Then you might see Graham go down but until we have a determined and viable candidate then i'm afraid he's safe. I'm somewhat skeptical Mace is battle tested and ready for a nasty campaign if she ever got herself in contention. I think Bright would be more suited to what would become a bare-knuckle fight to the death particularly as Zuckerberg and his cohorts will ride to the rescue with mountains of ads (attack or otherwise) should Graham be in trouble.

    Graham could easily have the establishment resources to make this a $20m race and he won't go down without a fight but it's not always the avalanche of money that wins particularly if the candidate can reach the primary electorate and is given ample exposure on talk radio and around the state.

    That takes a lot of hard work and determination to pull off making sure they show up everywhere they can for a year of their life and to build a grassroots campaign from top to bottom. Time is running out. If no one emerges by the fall Graham will survive.
    Last edited by Warlord; 06-29-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb





  26. #23
    Dare I say that with Bright still considering a run that challenging Graham may end up being a waste of time and resources? You have Bright and Mace considering, while Cash has already declared. Three potential candidtes who will battle each other while Graham does not have to do anything.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Dare I say that with Bright still considering a run that challenging Graham may end up being a waste of time and resources? You have Bright and Mace considering, while Cash has already declared. Three potential candidtes who will battle each other while Graham does not have to do anything.
    Cash has absolutely zero chance and neither does Mace. They dont hold a political office and offer no experience. I'd maybe give Mace more of a chance but she has to prove herself by working damn hard and showing up everywhere for a good six months and seeing the response. Then i'll reconsider. Bright has a political base and knows what he needs to do and how best to engineer the backlash since he's been through elections before he knows what issues and what buttons to press. Plus he's a fighter and this will be a fight to the death for whoever got within a whisker of Graham. Graham can make this the most expensive, nasty campaign in the country with just a few phone calls. He is absolutely ruthless make no mistake about that.
    Last edited by Warlord; 06-29-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb







  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Bright barnstorming the state day and night for a year and building the grassroots network from top to bottom with 3 of the top 5 talk radio behind him (maybe Alex Jones can join in too) is probably our best shot at unseating Graham. Bright is pretty good at giving fighting speeches. Mace will not cut it I don't think. Bright could do a talk radio interview once a week every week for 6 months then start bombarding the primary voters with mailers and getting out there and shaking hands. If he devotes himself to it then it can happen. Seems unlikely at this point but it can definitely happen by which time Graham will turn it into a nasty and vicious campaign and Zuck and co will start flooding into the state to shore him up.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb





  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    It's going to be a problem if more than one candidate runs against Graham. If there's no run off system in South Carolina then the anti establishment Republicans will split the vote and allow Graham to win. If Mace runs she should try to convince Cash to get out of the race.
    I wouldn't worry too much about multiple candidates. if one of them catches fire and connects with the primary electorate then they will win whatever the percentage is. I think it's tough to speculate but if Graham loses he'll lose by a whopping and unforseen amount. Whoever is the victor will have outworked and outmaneuvered all their opponents and built a grassroots network from top to bottom to pull it off. They better get a move on.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb





  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    She comes across as a very polished speaker with an inspiring story.
    I'm very skeptical as you know that being "nice", well spoken etc. will cut it against Graham. This will be a nasty, vicious campaign and fight to the death for whoever gets within a whisker of the senior senator. Whoever it is has to be able to punch back hard in the most withering and erudite fashion. I'm not convinced Mace is best equipped and tend to think whoever will be the most viable challenger will have to hold a political office or they will simply get steamrolled like his last primary challenger in 2006. There is still time for someone like Tom Davis to seize the moment. He'd be the best candidate by far.
    Last edited by Warlord; 06-29-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

    Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

    Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb





  32. #28
    It's related to Graham, so putting it here. Yes, we know there are folks here who aren't keen on Mace. That said, Graham is preparing for it:

    Sen. Lindsey Graham has best fundraising quarter

    Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) raised $1.4 million in the second quarter and has $6.25 million cash on hand, according to figures shared first with POLITICO.

    It is Graham’s best quarter ever, leaving him with more money in his campaign coffers than he’s ever had before as he prepares for a Republican primary challenge next year.
    Than ever before? Sheesh, you'd think this was Graham's last stand.

    Graham’s big haul all but ensures the incumbent will outspend any opponent in the Palmetto State.

    Buzz in conservative circles so far has focused on state Sen. Lee Bright, businesswoman Nancy Mase and former congressional candidate Richard Cash as potential primary opponents. None of the major names who could run the most credible campaigns have stepped forward.

    If Graham wins the primary — conventional wisdom is that he will be an overwhelming favorite — he is virtually assured of winning in the general election.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...973.html?hp=l7

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I'm very skeptical as you know that being "nice", well spoken etc. will cut it against Graham. This will be a nasty, vicious campaign and fight to the death for whoever gets within a whisker of the senior senator. Whoever it is has to be able to punch back hard in the most withering and erudite fashion. I'm not convinced Mace is best equipped and tend to think whoever will be the most viable challenger will have to hold a political office or they will simply get steamrolled like his last primary challenger in 2006. There is still time for someone like Tom Davis to seize the moment. He'd be the best candidate by far.
    The train has left the station concerning Tom Davis. Mace will be the most articulate person at espousing liberty ideals and defending against potential attacks. The attack utility belt also shrinks with her as the challenger. There's diminishing returns punching at a female graduate of the Citadel.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    The train has left the station concerning Tom Davis. Mace will be the most articulate person at espousing liberty ideals and defending against potential attacks. The attack utility belt also shrinks with her as the challenger. There's diminishing returns punching at a female graduate of the Citadel.
    Agree. The majority of conservatives hate Graham. All we need to do is put up a likable, viable alternative and we win. Davis would have been best, but Nancy is second best. Bright has too many negatives, and Graham would turn it in to a scorched earth campaign about which miserable, horrible candidate you least want to vote for and under that scenario it is possible he wins if he muddies Bright up enough.



Similar Threads

  1. Nancy Mace Money Bomb
    By Mr.NoSmile in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 02:47 PM
  2. Nancy Mace Staffer Retweets Lindsey Graham "Nancy Boy" Tweet
    By angelatc in forum Liberty Campaigns
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 09:54 PM
  3. Nancy Mace retweets ‘Nancy boy’
    By green73 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 08:06 PM
  4. Like Nancy Mace 2014 on FB
    By FSP-Rebel in forum Liberty Campaigns
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 07:31 AM
  5. Nancy Mace update
    By TaftFan in forum Liberty Campaigns
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •