Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz unveils fool-proof plan: Invade Syria, destroy WMDs

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    LOL @ Cruz lovers.
    Been saying this since the beginning, should have been John Jay Myers.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty soon all these faux liberty people are going to start showing their true colors and it will be clear which ones were only pandering for votes. If the Tea Partiers embrace this type of rhetoric they may as well toss in with the neocons.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 06-20-2013 at 07:11 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Pretty soon all these faux liberty people are going to start showing their true colors and it will be clear which ones were only pandering for votes.
    So I guess we're down to just Rand and Mike Lee in the Senate? Perhaps Lee could be Rand's VP pick in 2016 if Rand wins the GOP nomination, rather than Cruz. It just doesn't seem like Rand will have many options since very few politicians are in line with his political views.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    So I guess we're down to just Rand and Mike Lee in the Senate? Perhaps Lee could be Rand's VP pick in 2016 if Rand wins the GOP nomination, rather than Cruz. It just doesn't seem like Rand will have many options since very few politicians are in line with his political views.

Cruz is an opportunist. People like that generally tend to go whichever way the wind blows and market themselves accordingly aka politics as usual. I wouldn't vote for Rand if he picked Cruz anyway personally. Still miles to go.

Well, I certainly disagree with him. But he did say, "go in and destroy the weapons and get out." He didn't say that he was in favor of a long term invasion and occupation of Syria.
    And just what is going to happen after they "go in"? Either:

(1) they will not find any of these weapons - in which case, they'll say we have to stay because there absolutely must be some of those weapons somewhere (since, after all, the whole operation is predicated on the existence of said weapons in the first place), or

(2) they will find some such weapons - in which case, they'll say we have to stay because there might be some more of those weapons somewhere (since not finding them all before "getting out" would make the whole thing pointless).

So ... anyone who thinks this would not lead to a long-term invasion and occupation of Syria is either a liar or a fool.

The only question here is: which is Ted Cruz?
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    Been saying this since the beginning, should have been John Jay Myers.
    Yeah I had qualms about voting for Cruz but his dad was at my voting place and I let myself get swayed when he stopped me right before I went in to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And just what is going to happen after they "go in"? Either:

(1) they will not find any of these weapons - in which case, they'll say we have to stay because there absolutely must be some of those weapons somewhere (since, after all, the whole operation is predicated on the existence of said weapons in the first place), or

(2) they will find some such weapons - in which case, they'll say we have to stay because there might be some more of those weapons somewhere (since not finding them all before "getting out" would make the whole thing pointless).

So ... anyone who thinks this would not lead to a long-term invasion and occupation of Syria is either a liar or a fool.

The only question here is: which is Ted Cruz?
    Good point. I hope that Rand can pull Cruz in his direction on foreign policy issues like he did with Demint.

Yeah I had qualms about voting for Cruz but his dad was at my voting place and I let myself get swayed when he stopped me right before I went in to vote.
    Dang. What really gets me is his Dad is a pastor in Dallas, would his dad be happy with the fact that his son wants to send men and women into harms way? I hope not.

I heard Russia has some chemical weapons. And even some nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    Dang. What really gets me is his Dad is a pastor in Dallas, would his dad be happy with the fact that his son wants to send men and women into harms way? I hope not.
    Who knows? A lot of evangelicals I know still call muslims islamo-fascists and have Israel in the pulpit with them.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't say that. I'm just pointing out that he's not John McCain or Lindsey Graham either.
    He's not satan either.

That is problematic. I can't see that US troops could get in find these "WMD" and get out as easy as it sounds. What exactly is a WMD anymore? Nukes, chemicals, an airliner or a pressure cooker? I think what would happen it it opens up to a 3 way war or even a 4 way if the rebels split between AQ and non. Then it goes regional and or the Russians get involved. US troops on the ground in Syria is a bad, bad idea.

Syria has WMDs now? The whole WMD excuse ran its course a long time ago and nobody beLIEves it.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Gotta keep the MIC happy.

Ted Cruz has severed himself from the freedom movement. Move along folks. Ted Cruz is the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Ted Cruz has severed himself from the freedom movement. Move along folks. Ted Cruz is the enemy.
    Hardly. Reagan said- "The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally -- not a 20 percent traitor."

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Hardly. Reagan said- "The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally -- not a 20 percent traitor."
    And Rothbard said "war is the key to this whole libertarian business". Rothbard was right. Conservatives are enemies of freedom.

I agree with you completely. I just don't necessarily agree that Cruz is actually advocating a full scale war in Syria. It sounds like he's talking about a special ops operation to go in and destroy Syria's chemical weapons stockpile.
    But if that's what he's talking about, maybe he shouldn't be talking about it on CSPAN.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He made one bad statement. That doesn't make him "the enemy."
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Couple these statements with his Israel worship. Ted Cruz absolutely sucks.

And a pretty bold one at that. And yes he is a enemy if he wants to put the troops in harms way when our freedoms and liberty is not in jeopardy. Not one American should die or get injured over this BS. You know how many Americans could not point out Syria on a map, too many.
    Last edited by QuickZ06; 06-20-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Couple these statements with his Israel worship. Ted Cruz absolutely sucks.
    So who do we even have left in the Senate who's any good at all? Rand and Lee?

Well, I certainly disagree with him. But he did say, "go in and destroy the weapons and get out." He didn't say that he was in favor of a long term invasion and occupation of Syria.
    I seem to recall Rumsfeld saying that Iraq would be over in 8 months or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I heard Russia has some chemical weapons. And even some nukes.
    apples and oranges.

I dont like any of them. Rand could possibly, possibly be an ally of ours on some issues, but Im even stretching there. War is the key to this whole libertarian business.

Well if they ran for office under the liberty banner and are flip flopping...probably nobody.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dont like any of them. Rand could possibly, possibly be an ally of ours on some issues, but Im even stretching there. War is the key to this whole libertarian business.
    What about the house. Do you like any members of the house?

This isn't the first time he's been a schmuck. The show he put on at the Chuck Hagel hearing was a loud warning to anybody who was watching. He pulled quotes out of context, then demanded Hagel defend himself against something he didn't actually say. He also started spewing something about Hagel taking money from enemy regimes, without a single shred of evidence to support the accusation.

Larison talks about his hawkish foreign policy stance here: http://www.theamericanconservative.c...demint-caucus/

Tea Party does not necessarily equate to a non interventionist agenda...its not really that surprising. Just more co-opters getting exposed.

Tea Party does not necessarily equate to a non interventionist agenda...its not really that surprising. Just more co-opters getting exposed.
    Yes, there are a lot of people who would advocate for cutting welfare off (but not SS/Medicare...) but screech like banshees if you say you think the military spends too much for paper clips.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast