Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz unveils fool-proof plan: Invade Syria, destroy WMDs

Ted Cruz unveils fool-proof plan: Invade Syria, destroy WMDs

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, the teo-con is coming out. Lest we forget, WMDs as justification for action is fraught with problems. We didn't find them in Iraq. They didn't exist. Rumors and lies are rampant. And reports from Syria have been conflicting as to whether the Syrian government used them, or some rebel group used them.

What is he referring to in the last seconds? Obama wants to use Al-queda types to "secure" chemical weapons in Syria?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Well, at least he's opposed to arming the Syrian rebels.

What's next? Hauling out the yellow cake uranium?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Yeah, well, that's not good enough. Our country is bankrupt and these guys still want to warmonger some more. It's way past unbelievable.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

National Review is shocked and confused as well.

Did Ted Cruz Just Call for Military Action in Syria?
    National Review | June 20, 2013

Cruz’s wording is vague. But I’m struggling to read this as a suggestion that the United States arrange a consensual entry into Syria. For a man who is careful with his words, these are highly suggestive:

We need to be developing a clear, practical plan to go in, locate the weapons, secure or destroy them, and then get out. The United States should be firmly in the lead to make sure the job is done right.
    Last edited by FrankRep; 06-20-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Does everyone see the Bush/Cheney connection now? How blantent does he have to get?Is the republican party is going to shove this ass hole down our throats?
    Last edited by Working Poor; 06-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yeah, well, that's not good enough. Our country is bankrupt and these guys still want to warmonger some more. It's way past unbelievable.
    Well, I certainly disagree with him. But he did say, "go in and destroy the weapons and get out." He didn't say that he was in favor of a long term invasion and occupation of Syria.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought that Cruz was Rand's best option for a VP pick in 2016, if he wins the nomination. But maybe not after this. But if not Cruz, then who? There aren't very many potential VP picks who share Rand's ideology.

Well, I certainly disagree with him. But he did say, "go in and destroy the weapons and get out." He didn't say that he was in favor of a long term invasion and occupation of Syria.
    That's also what they said about Iraq. Cruz speaks with forked tongue.

We should not even consider going in AT ALL. MORE foreign intervention? This is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    We should not even consider going in AT ALL. MORE foreign intervention? This is BS.
    I agree with you completely. I just don't necessarily agree that Cruz is actually advocating a full scale war in Syria. It sounds like he's talking about a special ops operation to go in and destroy Syria's chemical weapons stockpile. Like I said, I strongly disagree with what Cruz is saying and it's certainly a disappointment. But, I still don't think that we should take what he's saying out of context.

The mission in Iraq from the very beginning was to overthrow Saddam Hussein and his entire government. Cruz isn't advocating doing that in Syria. I don't support any kind of intervention in Syria, not even humanitarian aid. I just don't think Cruz is actually advocating an invasion of Syria where we attempt to overthrow their government.

I do agree that Ted Cruz needs to clarify his statement.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

My hero.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's next? Hauling out the yellow cake uranium?
    Aluminum tubes too. Horrific. Just ask Colin Powell.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    National Review is shocked and confused as well.

Did Ted Cruz Just Call for Military Action in Syria?
    National Review | June 20, 2013

Cruz’s wording is vague. But I’m struggling to read this as a suggestion that the United States arrange a consensual entry into Syria. For a man who is careful with his words, these are highly suggestive:

We need to be developing a clear, practical plan to go in, locate the weapons, secure or destroy them, and then get out. The United States should be firmly in the lead to make sure the job is done right.
    They must be having a collective orgasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Does everyone see the Bush/Cheney connection now? How blantent does he have to get?Is the republican party is going to shove this ass hole down our throats?
    Did you see his Iran speech the other day? Priceless.

He's practically Robert Taft!

I agree with you completely. I just don't necessarily agree that Cruz is actually advocating a full scale war in Syria. It sounds like he's talking about a special ops operation to go in and destroy Syria's chemical weapons stockpile. Like I said, I strongly disagree with what Cruz is saying and it's certainly a disappointment. But, I still don't think that we should take what he's saying out of context.
    The fact that he could be advocating any scale war is disturbing enough. He is either duplicitous or extremely naive.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    He's practically Robert Taft!
    I didn't say that. I'm just pointing out that he's not John McCain or Lindsey Graham either.

LOL @ Cruz lovers.
    Innocent until proven guilty. He didn't do anything wrong, until now.

Don't be an ass.
    ----

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    another f#cking warmonger. this stinks.

can Ron Paul get a refund on his endorsement?

Can I get a refund on my vote? This guy is all over the damned place. Makes me wonder if he even knows what the hell he is doing.

And his using the liberty stand to stab and to grab any followers back to the Bush/Reagen era republicans

That was very disappointing,there is no way to spin this positively.What weapons another country has is none of our business unless and until they are actually used against us and even then only after Congress declares war on them.

I have heard rumors that France,Russia,China and others possess weapons of mass destruction.Are we supposed to set up quick in and out raids in those countries to seize them in order to protect ourselves against some possible future "threat to our national interests"?

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

LOL @ Cruz lovers.
    I'm definitely not a "Cruz lover." I've been warning people for a while that he's not really anywhere close to a non interventionist on foreign policy issues. But, I just don't like taking people's remarks out of context. I just don't see where Cruz is advocating any kind of "war." I guess maybe you could say that Cruz is advocating a covert operation that could go wrong and ultimately lead to a war.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    I do agree that Ted Cruz needs to clarify his statement.
    He seemed pretty dang clear. He wants to send our troops into harms way for yet WMD.....again. And I had a feeling his true colors would come out, just did not expect full neocon this quick.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast