Thread: STOP National ID

STOP National ID

No National ID Petition to:
    My U.S. Representative and Senators

Whereas: Privacy from government is a chief cornerstone of our liberties, enshrined in the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution; and

Whereas: In the past, many Members of Congress, instead of taking steps to end illegal immigration, have chosen instead to use the issue to dramatically expand government intrusion into our lives; and

Whereas: The so-called "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" proposal being touted by Senators Chuck Schumer and John McCain includes a de facto National ID system that would be required for all U.S. citizens in order to hold a job legally; and

Whereas: A National Database with biometric information would also be created, allowing government bureaucrats to track an American’s every move.

Therefore: I urge you to oppose any legislation requiring U.S. citizens to obtain a National ID card just to get a job - or any other bill that would establish a National ID program that includes biometric scanning or tracking devices.

Sign petition here http://chooseliberty.org/nationalidcardsb.aspx?pid=dw1
    Last edited by Origanalist; 06-19-2013 at 07:43 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just wish that contribution campaigns were separated from issue campaigns. Otherwise, it appears as scare tactics to get your money. Almost every activist/non-profit organization uses scare tactics to try to get you to send them money, whether it be about health, government, or helping the poor, and it becomes overwhelming.

CFL, please separate the two.

edit: I would like to pass these issue campaigns around to my friends and family, but then they find that contributions are critical, according to the message, they say "Oh, they just want money", and then I have to say, "but you can sign the petition with donating..."
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 06-19-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

But don't we need something to tell "them" from "us"? How we gonna know who is "illegal" and who isn't?

Bump!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Why? Eventually it will pass. Another end run on the RealID. If it doesn't pass now it will just be rewritten as a stand alone or tacked on as an amendment in 6 months. Bring on the full truth of tyranny. Getting tired of getting worked up every month over something that is just a rehash of something I got worked up over a year ago. Wash, rinse, repeat. Secession, please.

There hasn't been anywhere near enough attention given to the infrastructure and conforming legislation that has led up to this so there will be no honest to goodness opposition to it from representatives and prospective representatives on behalf of the people wo elected them. I mean, look at the incident with the girl who got banned from school because she didn't want to wear an rfid around her neck. Schools from all over the country were watching that case extremely closely because there was a reason they wanted the technology introduced in scope. Unfortunately, the discussion on it was ignored from the general liberty community because "Oh, we don't like public school so take her out of it and you won't have to worry about it". People have only themselves to thank. Until we pay attention in scope (even if we have to hold our noses once in a while) and demand that our representatives are accountable to those who elect them by demonstrating their position on the technology itself and how they wouild lead us conforming to it then it will continue to progress as we see now under the legislation of those who bring it to you. If the people won't ask them then the representatives won't self solicit their stance, they'll conform to the lobby who actually does understand the stuff in scope and absolutely know how they want to introduce it via legislation and then the people remove themselves from the democratic process without even knowing that they are doing it to themselves.

Now that's just one reference. There are many, many, many more.

Is a mess.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-19-2013 at 04:20 PM.