Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIDEO: Miss Alabama Weighs In on NSA scandal

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    She was expected to have an answer for something she had no idea about. Her answer made no sense whatsoever yet the crowd cheered. That is more troublesome than one woman whose goal is to become more attractive and likeable than her fellow contestants. The crowd has no excuse aside from the possible reason that this woman's family cheered loudly and enthusiastically enough that the people around felt obligated to join in. Perhaps not obligated, but left out if they did not. This is doubtful. More than likely they were too busy watching the woman's figure and listening to her sexy tone of voice to care.

When people are so predictable as shown in the video we are at a tough crossroads on spreading the message of liberty. Intelligence and truth is unpopular while beauty and answers created artificially without knowledge on a subject are applauded. This is the hurdle of liberty or any message aside from when or where Kim Kardashian and Kanye West got into an argument at. Blame media who promote this garbage as well as our fellow citizens. Blame the sponsors, the magazines, the television shows, which promote ditzyness and ignorance as 'cute' and promote physical attractiveness above all.

All in all disappointing.
    Not that I think the people in the crowd are against the surveillance State by and large, but they probably cheered to not embarrass / make her feel more awkward. I'm sure most people in the crowd realized how dumb, incoherent, and embarrassing her response was. It was about as articulate as a three-year old might come up with.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Her answer reminded me of this...

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think they have a list of the possible questions beforehand, so they try to plan out a response for each one using smart-sounding buzzwords. When they get put on the spot and aren't well-prepared, they will take parts of answers for different questions and try to throw them all together, but really all they remember are the buzzwords.

I have to LOL at myself though. Sometimes I give lectures or presentations on topics I know very well- I prefer to speak extemporaneously. Afterwards, I get people who say they liked what I talked about and it was very interesting, but really I don't recall much of the details of what I said. So I have no idea if they are blowing smoke up my ass, or if I was the one blowing the smoke

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Do do do do do da do da do da do do do do do do da do da do da dado dado da do do do do do do do doda
    Van Halen?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Van Halen?
    Three Dog Night

The carnival music at the beginning of "Must Let the Show Go On"
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

She is the reason that females earn less =p...

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    She is the reason that females earn less =p...
    She's not concerned since there are smart men working on this problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12