Thread: Iaito blade

Iaito blade

In a few months, I will be in the market for an iaido blade, along the lines of this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2GM128TAMFX16

Ideally, the price should be 100 FRNs max. I'm willing to negotiate more if it's a high quality piece. Thanks in advance! Domo arigato.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Whetstone Cutlery has a 27 1/4" , something similar in stock for around $19 , not sure about quality , but for $20 you could gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Whetstone Cutlery has a 27 1/4" , something similar in stock for around $19 , not sure about quality , but for $20 you could gamble.
    Link plz, Uncle Oyarde?
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Link plz, Uncle Oyarde?
    I cannot remember for sure , but try amazon.com Whetstone Cutlery

In a few months, I will be in the market for an iaido blade, along the lines of this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2GM128TAMFX16

Ideally, the price should be 100 FRNs max. I'm willing to negotiate more if it's a high quality piece. Thanks in advance! Domo arigato.
    For $ 95 FRN's, I may be able to check the local shops and find you something a bit more civilized, a machete, a decent Bowie and a Tomahawk.You are scaring me with that Cavalry sword, LOL

For $ 95 FRN's, I may be able to check the local shops and find you something a bit more civilized, a machete, a decent Bowie and a Tomahawk.You are scaring me with that Cavalry sword, LOL
    LOL Not to fear, uncle Oyarde. The Iaito blade is dull, and designed for practice. It is the daito (katana) that is razor sharp and can decapitate a person in one swing. I have a while to go before I get to try the daito. And I've never seen a machete that's all that civilized or a good substitute for a sword in dimensions and weight.

ETA: The iaito is nothing like a cavalry sword. There's just no comparison.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 06-16-2013 at 09:56 PM.

I cannot remember for sure , but try amazon.com Whetstone Cutlery
    I found one on amazon, as you'll notice in the OP.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL Not to fear, uncle Oyarde. The Iaito blade is dull, and designed for practice. It is the daito (katana) that is razor sharp and can decapitate a person in one swing. I have a while to go before I get to try the daito. And I've never seen a machete that's all that civilized or a good substitute for a sword in dimensions and weight.

ETA: The iaito is nothing like a cavalry sword. There's just no comparison.
    Yeah , I knew they were for practice

I found one on amazon, as you'll notice in the OP.
    Do you care if it is made of aluminum alloy or wood? I've seen some on the internet around 109.00 for aluminum alloy hand made (nice looking too) or wood for less than 100.

edit: I would love to make one from wood, but for that price I would only make 3.25 hour or less (since I don't already have the specs or jigs built).

edit2: Can you imagine one made from cocobolo or purple heart? Oh man, or Bois De Rose?

edit3: I'm not sure I have a large enough piece of Bois De Rose left, I would have to check, so don't hold me on it. I just checked online and I'm not sure I can even legally buy any more.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 06-16-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin