Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm going on Television tonight... Fox Business Channel

I'm going on Television tonight... Fox Business Channel

I just received a call confirming that they would like for me to join them on America's Nightly Scoreboard with David Asman on the Fox Business Channel to discuss online campaigning.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    as a caller? or in the studio?

Do you know what time it will be? Good for you

Taco John. I keep hearing about you in articles. Who are you can you tell us more about you and how you are getting in the press so much. Congrats.

My only advise would be to appear not to be fringe...and you'll do great!

Didn't even know there was a Fox Business channel. I'll have to check to see if I have it.

Taco John was the guy in Ron Paul hit piece a few days ago. The article showed a post by Taco John telling us to go spam some journalist or something.

[edit] here is the article
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1195...googlenews_wsj
    Last edited by Benaiah; 11-26-2007 at 04:24 PM.

lovely, dont wear you guy fawkes shirt, k?
    http://freeme.tv get the latest in videos for Ron Paul around the net.

Also check out the Ron Paul Newsroom

Grassroots supporter and blogger, check it out!! http://www.politicallore.com/

"Dont tax me. Bro!!"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Going behind enemy lines?

Good luck. Make us proud and stand your ground.

Brush your teeth, comb your hair, wear a tie, and don't pick your nose.

You'll do fine.

Actually FBC has seemed fairly docile and almost kind to Ron Paul, the time he was on and when they cover him.

Represent, Taco John, represent. You aren't just showing the world you... you are showing them all of us.

Don't mean to lecture... just take one for the team and make us proud!

Admiral Akbar: "IT'S A TRAP"

Quote Originally Posted by ghemminger View Post
    Taco John. I keep hearing about you in articles. Who are you can you tell us more about you and how you are getting in the press so much. Congrats.

My only advise would be to appear not to be fringe...and you'll do great!

What do you think would look better on TV? A Klan hood, or a tin foil hat?

I got a PM the day after 11/5 from a reporter from the WSJ saying she wanted to talk with me about online campaigning. We connected, and when we spoke, she sounded very sympathetic, like she understood that there was a lot of unfairness in the media with how we are being treated. About halfway through the call, when Huckabee's name came up, she started to get a bit defensive and thus put me on the defense. I then had the feeling that this was going to be a smear peice.

Apparently she thought it was "extreme" for us to be going around and finding contact information for the reporters and public commentators who were out there painting a negative picture about Dr. Paul, and his chances to become president. So she used a post that I made trying to rally the troops to fight the slander to make all Ron Paul supporters look off their rockers.

In any case, I got a call this morning from Fox Business News. They want to have me in studio to discuss (supposedly) the phenomenon of online campaigning. It actually sounds legit, because they have me on opposite of Andrew Saeij of Tech President and PersonalDemocracy.com.

I expect to be going on to talk about the concept of a decentralized campaign and why no other candidate "gets it" when it comes to online campaigning. They assured me that this wasn't going to be a contentious peice, and that the host might play a little devil's advocate, but that I'm not going on to be smeared. So that probably tells me that I should expect to be smeared (cynic that I am).

Here is the Wall Street Journal article with Taco John in it. It's dated 2 days ago.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1195...googlenews_wsj

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenninlouisiana View Post
    Represent, Taco John, represent. You aren't just showing the world you... you are showing them all of us.

Don't mean to lecture... just take one for the team and make us proud!
    Believe me, this thought has been weighing on me all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
    What do you think would look better on TV? A Klan hood, or a tin foil hat?

I got a PM the day after 11/5 from a reporter from the WSJ saying she wanted to talk with me about online campaigning. We connected, and when we spoke, she sounded very sympathetic, like she understood that there was a lot of unfairness in the media with how we are being treated. About halfway through the call, when Huckabee's name came up, she started to get a bit defensive and thus put me on the defense. I then had the feeling that this was going to be a smear peice.

Apparently she thought it was "extreme" for us to be going around and finding contact information for the reporters and public commentators who were out there painting a negative picture about Dr. Paul, and his chances to become president. So she used a post that I made trying to rally the troops to fight the slander to make all Ron Paul supporters look off their rockers.

In any case, I got a call this morning from Fox Business News. They want to have me in studio to discuss (supposedly) the phenomenon of online campaigning. It actually sounds legit, because they have me on opposite of Andrew Saeij of Tech President and PersonalDemocracy.com.

I expect to be going on to talk about the concept of a decentralized campaign and why no other candidate "gets it" when it comes to online campaigning. They assured me that this wasn't going to be a contentious peice, and that the host might play a little devil's advocate, but that I'm not going on to be smeared. So that probably tells me that I should expect to be smeared (cynic that I am).
    Maybe some of the fellow members here can help you out on some tips concerning the " phenomenon of online campaigning" and what not. You know... a one liner.

Taco,

What time? Are you going in studio? Or calling in?

From the WSJ article: "But some Paul supporters are displaying an aggressive side that seems to spill beyond advocacy into harassment of those who disagree or fail to show Dr. Paul sufficient respect."

Know that they will be framing you on this issue. You are going to be asked leading questions that will make you look like you are fighting dirty.

My advice? Take that label and fly with it! Make a scene. Show them that we are, indeed, willing to fight dirty because that is exactly what it will take to reclaim our nation.

Tell them you fight dirty, but the only difference between you and the main stream media is that you aren't paid to do it. Make a splash. There is no such thing as bad publicity at this stage of the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
    Believe me, this thought has been weighing on me all afternoon.
    Tell 'em that Ron Paul, "cracked the code of the internet" and they have to donate to his campaign to find out the "secret".

BTW: on Verizon Fios TV it is channel: 94
    I just turned on the channel and they were discussing verizon fios tv, funny.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 11-26-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Taco John wear a turbin and an Ammo belt across your chest. That would rock!

Just tell them the truth, Dr. Paul's online campaign has done so well because his campaign has practiced what he has preached for the last 30 years or more. He is letting those who support him do as they wish openly and freely. We are completely liberated from centralization and our campaign is reaching new highs. The country could be this way too, imagine a country liberated from centralization free to do the things they feel they need in their local areas as individuals.

This is an open source campaign, this campaign is about liberty, about the freedom to choose how to support Ron Paul.

someone needs to upload the video, i will be gone tonight.

good luck, plug ron!

I'm not expert in any way but I think pointing out that it's not about some special tactic or some great guy on the campaign who is a genius but about ron paul's message and we're only using the internet for circumventing the traditional media and to organize.
    the democrat is probably going to talk about specifics of websites, youtube, myspace, etc.

irrelevant imho.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh and take my advice, turn the ambush tactics on them. If a question regarding harassment comes up, tell them that's a harassing question, is it your job to make me feel like I've been harassed.

Here's another way to respond, it's hard to read articles directed toward us the supporters in a bad light, I just don't understand why individuals who are paid to be professional journalists would care about attacking supporters of Ron Paul.

Only you can prevent forest fires.

You could try and tie together the fundraising and harassment if it comes up. Something like:

"In a typical campaign - all the money comes filtered through a few powerful groups, and all the smearing and harrassment comes out of the same groups plus a few major media outlets. Conversely - decentralization is the hallmark of the Ron Paul campaign. The donations come from tens of thousands all over the country - likewise the smears and harassment are going to have a broader base. You can't understand the one phenomenon without also understanding the other."

The fundraising, the harassment - turn it all back around into how widespread and energized people are by this message.
    Last edited by Mark Rushmore; 11-26-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Go Taco go! Show them what grassroots really means.
    Last edited by curtisag; 11-26-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." -Samuel Adams

Funny how when the thieving government, America-hating special interest groups, and fascist corporatist whore politicians speak and publish OUTRIGHT LIES, that's okay. But when we call them on it suddenly, WE'RE aggressive.

Uncooperative and nonsubservient is more like it.

Go, Taco John! Make us proud!

youtube please fox business isn't on dish network, not that I care normally
    No one reads signatures.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast