Thread: "Practicing Catholic" Nancy Pelosi Calls Late Term Abortion "Sacred Ground"

"Practicing Catholic" Nancy Pelosi Calls Late Term Abortion "Sacred Ground"

Katie Pavlich | Jun 13, 2013

Self-proclaimed "practicing Catholic" and pro-abortion Nancy Pelosi got testy today during an exchange with a reporter about late term abortionist Kermit Gosnell. The House is currently considering the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, legislation that would ban abortions after 20-weeks of pregnancy.

Pelosi falsely claimed two things in her response.

1) Legislation being considered in the House bans abortion past 20 weeks. Pelosi said the legislation would ban all abortions.

2) Pelosi said Gosnell is an isolated case, which isn't true. LiveAction and LifeNews have extensively reported and documented cases of abortionists all over the country who consistently operate in similar ways as Gosnell did.

President of the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List Marjorie Dannenfelser released the following statement in response to Pelosi's comments.

“As a mother and practicing Catholic, I have a modest proposal for Mrs. Pelosi: that she consider the Church's teaching which says each life is sacred and reject the idea that each abortion is."

Senior Policy Advisor for The Catholic Association Maureen Ferguson has also released a statement in response.

“After witnessing firsthand the atrocious human rights abuses taking place inside America's late-term abortion clinics it is amazing that this did not touch Nancy Pelosi's heart. What we learned from the Gosnell trial and what we understand is going on inside other clinics is not only human rights abuse but it also puts women in harm’s way. The only difference between the Gosnell ‘after-birth’ abortions and legal late-term abortions is the location of the baby at the time of death. And contrary to Pelosi's extreme claim that the Franks bill is ‘disrespectful’ to women, the majority of women are opposed to late-term abortions according to a recent Gallup poll."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...round-n1619536

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As much as I don't like her or her position on abortion, I feel that we should keep religion out of our politics. That said, what Pelosi is doing here is beyond horrible.

I don't like the law in question since its a Federal Law. Constitutionally the states have to power to ban any abortion, and the Federal Government does not have any power over abortion.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I don't like the law in question since its a Federal Law. Constitutionally the states have to power to ban any abortion, and the Federal Government does not have any power over abortion.
    That's a fair point. The states should handle this themselves.

+1 This is a state issue however much I may admire the sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarn Solen View Post
    As much as I don't like her or her position on abortion, I feel that we should keep religion out of our politics. That said, what Pelosi is doing here is beyond horrible.
    It's impossible to keep religion out of politics or anything else. If you are Catholic you cannot just leave your morals at the door of the Capitol. Your religion and faith is what your morals and worldview rest upon.

Wrong. Per the 5th Amendment all people have the right to life which cannot be deprived except through due process of law as punishment for a crime. An unborn child is always innocent and therefore cannot be deprived of the right to life, by either the federal or state governments. No state has the right to legalize murder.

Read Ron Paul's "Abortion and Liberty"

My faith/ Roman Catholicism does not approve of gay marriage, and I am fine with that. However, I cannot push that, should NJ have a vote on gay marriage. My faith is not theirs.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarn Solen View Post
    My faith/ Roman Catholicism does not approve of gay marriage, and I am fine with that. However, I cannot push that, should NJ have a vote on gay marriage. My faith is not theirs.
    As a Catholic you cannot vote in favor of homosexual "marriage" or allowing sexual deviants (homosexual or otherwise) to adopt children. You are also commanded to fight evils such as abortion, and by that it means not voting for politicians who support the state-sanctioned murder of unborn children.

It does not matter if others do not share your faith. The Catholic faith is the one true faith and you are not to compromise the morals and values of the faith.

I just want to know more about her insider trading.

Ron Paul stated the perfect example of this situation... when he was interning as I recall, between doctors using every effort to save a premature baby and down the hall aborting a baby. One they could all get sued and charged criminally, but down the hallway, it's perfectly legal.

Pelosi has been completely wrong because this is a states rights issue, but where do you draw the line between killing something out of the womb, saving something out of the womb, and politicians determine whats legal to kill and not kill.

Pelosi calls this 'sacred ground' and the BS "Right to Choose". Well, I want the right to choose... my own healthcare, my own taxes/fees, my own way to die. So Pelosi once again can be called your typical Hypocrite Politician, that allows babies to be aborted(killed) by your own choice, but say you're ailing with terminal cancer, you cannot choose your own life? What right is it of Washington DC government to determine your life?

How the profits on the Insider trading of VISA stocks... oh, no profit. Oh, but she hasn't sold it, that's why.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 06-13-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

...practicing DEATH CULTIST...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

////
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    ...practicing DEATH CULTIST...
    ^^^THIS^^^
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Katie Pavlich | Jun 13, 2013

Self-proclaimed "practicing Catholic" and pro-abortion Nancy Pelosi got testy today during an exchange with a reporter about late term abortionist Kermit Gosnell. The House is currently considering the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, legislation that would ban abortions after 20-weeks of pregnancy.

Does she have NY or CA background?
    If so, we should cut her some slack and giver her time to mature her stances. It can be done, MAGA is a prime example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc

H/T to Ted Cruz for this video.