Thread: Ann Coulter: If the GOP is this stupid, it deserves to die

Ann Coulter: If the GOP is this stupid, it deserves to die

If the GOP is this stupid, it deserves to die

Ann Coulter
    June 12, 2013

Democrats terrify Hispanics into thinking they'll be lynched if they vote for Republicans, and then turn around and taunt Republicans for not winning a majority of the Hispanic vote.

This line of attack has real resonance with our stupidest Republicans. (Proposed Republican primary targets: Sens. Kelly Ayotte, Jeff Flake, Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio.) Which explains why Republicans are devoting all their energy to slightly increasing their share of the Hispanic vote while alienating everyone else in America.

It must be fun for liberals to manipulate Republicans into focusing on hopeless causes. Why don't Democrats waste their time trying to win the votes of gun owners?

As journalist Steve Sailer recently pointed out, the Hispanic vote terrifying Republicans isn't that big. It actually declined in 2012. The Census Bureau finally released the real voter turnout numbers from the last election, and the Hispanic vote came in at only 8.4 percent of the electorate -- not the 10 percent claimed by the pro-amnesty crowd.

The sleeping giant of the last election wasn't Hispanics; it was elderly black women, terrified of media claims that Republicans were trying to suppress the black vote and determined to keep the first African-American president in the White House.

Contrary to everyone's expectations, 10 percent more blacks voted in 2012 compared to 2008, even beating white voters, the usual turnout champions. Eligible black voters turned out at rate of 66.2 percent, compared to 64.1 percent of eligible white voters. Only 48 percent of all eligible Hispanic voters went to the polls.

No one saw this coming, which is probably why Gallup had Romney up by 5 points before Hurricane Sandy hit, and up by 1 point in its last pre-election poll after the hurricane.

Only two groups voted in larger numbers in 2012 compared to 2008: blacks aged 45-64, and blacks over the age of 65 -- mostly elderly black women.

In raw numbers, nearly twice as many blacks voted as Hispanics, and nine times as many whites voted as Hispanics. (Ninety-eight million whites, 18 million blacks and 11 million Hispanics.)

So, naturally, the Republican Party's entire battle plan going forward is to win slightly more votes from 8.4 percent of the electorate by giving them something they don't want.

As Byron York has shown, even if Mitt Romney had won 70 percent of the Hispanic vote, he still would have lost. No Republican presidential candidate in at least 50 years has won even half of the Hispanic vote.

In the presidential election immediately after Reagan signed an amnesty bill in 1986, the Republican share of the Hispanic vote actually declined from 37 percent to 30 percent -- and that was in a landslide election for the GOP. Combined, the two Bush presidents averaged 32.5 percent of the Hispanic vote -- and they have Hispanics in their family Christmas cards.

John McCain, the nation's leading amnesty proponent, won only 31 percent of the Hispanic vote, not much more than anti-amnesty Romney's 27 percent.
    Amnesty is a gift to employers, not employees.

The (pro-amnesty) Pew Research Hispanic Center has produced poll after poll showing that Hispanics don't care about amnesty. In a poll last fall, Hispanic voters said they cared more about education, jobs and health care than immigration. They even care more about the federal budget deficit than immigration! (To put that in perspective, the next item on their list of concerns was "scratchy towels.")

Also, note that Pew asked about "immigration," not "amnesty." Those Hispanics who said they cared about immigration might care about it the way I care about it -- by supporting a fence and E-Verify.

Who convinced Republicans that Hispanic wages aren't low enough and what they really need is an influx of low-wage workers competing for their jobs?

Maybe the greedy businessmen now running the Republican Party should talk with their Hispanic maids sometime. Ask Juanita if she'd like to have seven new immigrants competing with her for the opportunity to clean other people's houses, so that her wages can be dropped from $20 an hour to $10 an hour.

A wise Latina, A.J. Delgado, recently explained on Mediaite.com why amnesty won't win Republicans the Hispanic vote -- even if they get credit for it. Her very first argument was: "Latinos will resent the added competition for jobs."

But rich businessmen don't care. Big Republican donors -- and their campaign consultants -- just want to make money. They don't care about Hispanics, and they certainly don't care what happens to the country. If the country is hurt, I don't care, as long as I am doing better! This is the very definition of treason.

Hispanic voters are a small portion of the electorate. They don't want amnesty, and they're hopeless Democrats. So Republicans have decided the path to victory is to flood the country with lots more of them!

It's as if Republicans convinced Democrats to fixate on banning birth control to win more pro-life voters. This would be great for Republicans because Democrats will never win a majority of pro-life voters, and about as many pro-lifers care about birth control as Hispanics care about amnesty.

But that still wouldn't be as idiotic as what Republicans are doing because, according to Gallup, pro-lifers are nearly half of the electorate. Hispanics are only 8.4 percent of the electorate.

And it still wouldn't be as stupid as the GOP pushing amnesty, because banning birth control wouldn't create millions more voters who consistently vote against the Democrats.

Listening to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus burble a few weeks ago on "Fox News Sunday" about how amnesty is going to push the Republicans to new electoral heights, one is reminded of Democratic pollster Pat Caddell's reason for refusing to become a Republican: No matter how enraged he gets at Democratic corruption, he says he can't bear to join such a stupid party as the GOP.
    Last edited by FrankRep; 06-12-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If that bill passes, it goes from our crummy two party system to one party domination. Game Over. Thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    If that bill passes, it goes from our crummy two party system to one party domination. Game Over. Thanks for playing.
    In the short term, sure, In the long term, it doesn't really make a difference. Power doesn't come from votes. Power comes from only two places: money; and guns.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Complicit criminal organizations of the same vulture... Coulter knows this, she's just as much part of the Grand Broadway Play as the government entities. She has the balls to tell the truth, but refuses. She wants the continued attention and paychecks, while peddling her BS divide we stand book collection.

Propaganda Pundit
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

When it comes to politics, I'm with the GOP (being stupid), but wouldn't the end of the GOP open up some real possibilities for an alternative party?

They will ram it through so I expect one party rule is coming. The Republicans will see loss after loss and probably see it coming so I expect them to try even harder to become the Democrat party. Regardless who wins it will still be one party rule. No matter how hard they try to appease Democrats the Dem voters will always Democrat.

The only hope is the rise of 3rd parties, states rights movements and regional or state Succesionist movements.

I fear secession is all we have left. A new GOP would likely be a David Frum GOP...

Quote Originally Posted by liberty2897 View Post
    When it comes to politics, I'm with the GOP (being stupid), but wouldn't the end of the GOP open up some real possibilities for an alternative party?
    Maybe, but I'm betting it would be a false one the power brokers setup and market it as something new and it would be the only one talked about in the media.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up Anne Coulter: IF THE GOP IS THIS STUPID, IT DESERVES TO DIE

June 12, 2013
    Democrats terrify Hispanics into thinking they'll be lynched if they vote for Republicans, and then turn around and taunt Republicans for not winning a majority of the Hispanic vote.

This line of attack has real resonance with our stupidest Republicans. (Proposed Republican primary targets: Sens. Kelly Ayotte, Jeff Flake, Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio.) Which explains why Republicans are devoting all their energy to slightly increasing their share of the Hispanic vote while alienating everyone else in America.

It must be fun for liberals to manipulate Republicans into focusing on hopeless causes. Why don't Democrats waste their time trying to win the votes of gun owners?

As journalist Steve Sailer recently pointed out, the Hispanic vote terrifying Republicans isn't that big. It actually declined in 2012. The Census Bureau finally released the real voter turnout numbers from the last election, and the Hispanic vote came in at only 8.4 percent of the electorate -- not the 10 percent claimed by the pro-amnesty crowd.

The sleeping giant of the last election wasn't Hispanics; it was elderly black women, terrified of media claims that Republicans were trying to suppress the black vote and determined to keep the first African-American president in the White House.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

Repubs and Dems have been the same party in different color ties for a long time.

Maybe in 13 years, which is when this bill says those who are here illegally will be allowed to become citizens. I'm also not convinced that all of the illegals will choose to come forward and obtain a legal status when they have to pay a fine and back taxes that many of them won't be able to afford to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Maybe, but I'm betting it would be a false one the power brokers setup and market it as something new and it would be the only one talked about in the media.
    Do you realize the DNC and RNC are best friends ? A third party would be a real second party, that will never happen. Listen to Ron, he has said why a 100 times.

It cost too much to get on the ballots just for access we would have to fight both parties still as one.

This government is corrupt and won't be fixed. You cannot fix stupid, and 16 trillion in debt.

If you did, would it make you happy they jailed you for life on the cheap ?

Are we in this too save corruption and government ? I thought we were getting rid of it?

Ann Coulter: If the GOP is this stupid, it deserves to die
    When I first read the thread title, I wasn't sure if a colon or semi-colon after Coulter's name was intended...
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

with or without amnesty Texas is gone in 2020, or 2024 for presidencial elections

that gives the Dems all the big states and makes a Republican victory impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Repubs and Dems have been the same party in different color ties for a long time.
    However the GOP allows people like Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Justin Amash to get elected.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    However the GOP allows people like Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Justin Amash to get elected.
    ehmmmm Ron Paul got elected *despite* the GOP.

Great Ann Coulter column.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyw24 View Post
    June 12, 2013

One party is that stupid and the other party depends on its supporters being stupid. Guess which one has a future in the USA?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

OK, I don't really care about immigration issues, and I certainly don't think everyone who opposes immigration, even if they're closer to opposing all immigration much like Pat Buchanan, is stupid. Ann Coulter, however, is a moron and her calling anyone stupid is logically equivalent to Adolf Hitler calling a common murderer "Evil...."
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    I guess I cann sorta give you Ron, Rand, and Amash, but Ted Cruz is part of the establishment, just slightly less bad at being so. Until he says something serious about changing our foreign policy, as Rand Paul definitely has (He didn't go as far as I'd like, but he did say he wanted to change it significantly) he's a waste of our time. There's more to politics than economics.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I still cannot forget Coulter supporting Chris Christie for President. So I really do not give a dam what she has to say whether right or wrong.
    Last edited by kahless; 06-13-2013 at 10:49 AM.

I'm pretty sure the GOP showed their stupidity by ushering in Mitt Romney as their candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    A new GOP would likely be a David Frum GOP...
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb556 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the GOP showed their stupidity by ushering in Mitt Romney as their candidate.

OF COURSE

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Both parties are a $#@!-stain on America, and I couldn't give two $#@!s about them. I support ideas, regardless of where they're coming from. I hate how things are constrained to one side or another, where a set of beliefs or rules are seen as exclusively "Democrat" or "Republican" because it traps people into this sort of belief system where they accept everything one side says due to allegiance and the feeling of being attacked by the other side, which in their minds, justifies whatever policy their own team is championing. If you don't toe the exact party line, you're a deviant; an outcast trying to infiltrate TEAM B. Sometimes I get so $#@!ing tired of politics and the name-calling. This isn't a game, it's about our lives and our futures. All this $#@!ing political posturing and wankery from both sides about issues that won't change this already broken system, when foreign policy should be the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY before anything else gets done. I guarantee you a lot of our domestic issues would lessen tenfold if this country ceased policing the world.

Rand Paul position on immigration issue and abortion is very naive and stupid. His position on abortion is unnecessarily too far right for presidential candidate and he has much much to lose than to gain in not supporting abortion in case of rape and incest. He will lose many independent and young people votes and will never become president with that position.
    On immigration, I’m not against him playing the game if he ended up voting against path way to citizenships but if he votes for it, he is committing political suicide. Forget about the presidency but he will more likely lose his senate seat. His fiscal conservative credential will be challenged for supporting 6 trillion spending on illegal immigrant while planning to cut Americans benefit. Some war monger will primary him by running add saying he lied to voters when he run for the senate in 2010, promising no amnesty and underground electric fence and so on . Even neocons are advising Rubio not to vote for immigration bill. I really hope Rand gets his head right and vote like Mike lee and Ted Cruz.
    Last edited by libertarian101; 06-13-2013 at 11:04 AM.

If the GOP was as stupid as Ann Coulter, it would already be dead.

Coulter - "Maybe the greedy businessmen now running the Republican Party should talk with their Hispanic maids sometime. Ask Juanita if she'd like to have seven new immigrants competing with her for the opportunity to clean other people's houses, so that her wages can be dropped from $20 an hour to $10 an hour."

$20 an hour. LOL

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes372012.htm

Also:

"According to the BLS, housekeepers earned $19,390 in 2011, or approximately $9.32 per hour. The best-paid earned about $30,130, while the lowest-paid earned less than $17,000."

http://money.usnews.com/careers/best...ekeeper/salary
    Last edited by YesI'mALiberal; 06-13-2013 at 11:10 AM.