Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Paul: I’m worried the government might kill Edward Snowden with a drone (VIDEO)

Even if Snowden were guilty of treason he would still deserve a trial. I'm at the point where I'm almost tempted to say that anyone who doesn't agree with that needs to be kicked out of the country and we need to start over. These are the kinds of people we're at war against. But then I realize, how the CRAP can you win this thing and still remain in line with libertarian values, when our enemies just don't care? Its downright depressing. I don't even know what to say anymore. Maybe we really will have to nuremberg trial a few of our own in order to "Win" this thing. Oh what do we do... I'm so cynical...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone seems to keep focusing on what people think about this here in the U.S..

People should realize the is a whole big world out there that may not take well to their most inner secrets being bandied about. What is it they tell you? "Whatever you say can and will be used against you in", just about every direction the planet may decide to turn.

I don't think the seriousness has yet to sink in.

And don't forget. We've given them the ability to fire up the fake money presses and print up what ever it takes to get their way.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The thought that Ron Paul could actually be correct here depresses me to no end. I'm sure he hopes he's wrong just as much as I do. Actually, I almost hope that he's right AND that it sparks a reaction, but I don't think that people would react in a reasonable manner (Revolt, or at least mass civil disobedience) if it did.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Ron Paul may well have just saved this man's life as well. I don't know what Rand Paul's concerns are way up in the senate, but I believe Rand could well save this man if he vocally agreed with his father here. Unfortunate as it may be, Rand has the microphone that everyone sees. Do the right thing, please...

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    btw, this snippet is on Drudge.
    And it's highlighted! Saw it as soon as I went to the site
    Last edited by libertyplz; 06-11-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Ron Paul may well have just saved this man's life as well. I don't know what Rand Paul's concerns are way up in the senate, but I believe Rand could well save this man if he vocally agreed with his father here. Unfortunate as it may be, Rand has the microphone that everyone sees. Do the right thing, please...
    Even the wisest cannot see all ends. Ron may very well save his life with his comments, or the MSM may save his life by criticizing Ron's "paranoia" too loudly and forcing the government to take "options" off the table, or Rand may save his life by placing the emphasis back where Snowden wanted it to be: On the government's illegal surveillance of Americans. Never forget that it is not Snowden but the government and the MSM who want the national conversation to be about Snowden's character and what should happen to him, because it deflects attention away from them. We cannot allow them to frame the debate this way. Snowden knew what he was risking, and I think we owe it to him to take advantage of his sacrifice, go on the offensive, and raise hell. If we're loud enough about the actual issue at hand, more people will come to realize its seriousness, and by extension their views on Snowden will hopefully soften as well.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 06-11-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    I wonder how the media and government will react to these comments. On the one hand, they might remain silent to keep the government's options open...but on the other hand, they might use the opportunity to paint Ron Paul as a kooky black helicopter chicken little for daring to suggest they're so despotic. Paul's sticking his neck out by addressing the possibility early (first?), but he's also framing the issue in a way that could conceivably help protect Snowden.
    He does that. He did with Assange when Senators wanted to try an Australian for treason if you recall... He was the first one to stick his neck out, immediately into the storm, and the public stopped and listened.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I was watching fox this morning and those three turds were discussing Dr. Paul's comments about the US Govt. droning one of my newest heroes. Steve Doocy was snickering at Ron Paul about it. God it is kinda funny to watch FOX ride the fence of we need big government to look out for us so they can blow every brown terrorist up while at the same time say we need limited govt. But at the same time, I know this has been asked for a long time, how can people just keep eating it up... GO MERICA... GIT ME SOME FREEDON FRIES!

This kid (Snowden) is a real hero and the MSM is trying to herd the sheep into thinking he is a traitor and government is good... I really am afraid that people will never wake up.

This is getting some coverage, which is great:

Huff Po:

Ron Paul: Edward Snowden May Be Target Of U.S. Drone Strike http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3424408.html

and The Hill: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...sinate-snowden
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

And the Judge agrees Ron is right to be worried for him:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/06/12...edward-snowden

In a Hong Kong newspaper, Edward Snowden has been quoted today as saying he's not a hero or a traitor for exposing the NSA's massive program to monitor Americans' phone calls and internet activities. It's still not known where Snowden is after he checked out of the Hong Kong hotel where he met with Guardian reporter Glenn Greenwald.

There is no doubt in Judge Andrew Napolitano's mind that the U.S. government will go after Snowden and ask Hong Kong authorities to arrest him and send him back to the United States. Napolitano says that in the view of the Obama administration, Snowden "violated his oath to keep secrets secret," while working for NSA contractor Booz Allen.

"He also took an oath to uphold the Constitution and that is a higher obligation. ... He chose which oath to comply with," said Napolitano.

Bill Hemmer asked for the judge's reaction to Ron Paul's comments on FBN, expressing concern that Snowden could be killed with a drone strike if the U.S. chooses to do so. Hemmer asked whether this statement was hyperbole on the part of Paul.

Napolitano explained that President Obama's policy on drone strikes is "unconditionally unlawful" but it's being carried out anyway. He said Paul fears that the president could go ahead and establish a new set of rules to allow him to target Snowden, therefore avoiding a trial that would "expose even more national security secrets."

Napolitano agreed with the New York Times' opinion piece on the dangers of the government abusing these powers.

"President Obama's abuse of this power proves that when unlimited power is put in the hands of the executive, it will be abused. What makes it unlimited? Lack of fidelity to the Constitution," he argued.

Read more: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/06/12...#ixzz2W4M3b0Cq
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-13-2013 at 02:02 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-13-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Judge Jeanine just played this clip on her Fox News show... I thought she was going to say Ron was a nutcase immediately afterwards but to my surprise she said Ron actually may be right!
    Last edited by jct74; 06-15-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Yeah, CBS and Fox had it, people believe it. At least until Ron saying so made it less likely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12