Thread: Snowden's whistle-blower options

Snowden's whistle-blower options

Here are some questions for Ben related to the Snowden's whistle-blowing case:

What options are there for whistle-blowers like Edward Snowden? Could he have contacted a member of Congress and volunteered to testify before Congress? Is going to a "friendly" member of the media the best option? What role should the media play?

Also, what media coverage does a whistleblower get when they go through official channels? Is there a gag order all the way around? Even members of Congress say that can't talk about these things.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-13-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Here are some questions for Ben related to the Snowden's whistle-blowing case:

What options are there for whistle-blowers like Edward Snowden? Could he have contacted a member of Congress and volunteered to testify before Congress? Is going to a "friendly" member of the media the best option? What role should the media play?
    Maybe there is nothing he could do which is why he gave his identity. He probably wants us now to watch what they are going to do. I'm just speculating.

I don't think he has any options, they will jail him for the rest of his life and he will never be tried. I think we are at that point.

He mentioned that in the first video BTW. I think it's a good question and would be the meat of the conversation.
    Last edited by talkingpointes; 06-10-2013 at 02:01 PM.

No matter what the various options were, I'm really glad of that video he released because it goes a long way in allowing us to form impressions of him independent of how MSM is going to try to portray him.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

OP edited to add "gag rule" aspect.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.