Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Swann Seeks To Make History By Raising $1.25 Million Through KickStarter

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Good luck finding him... you really think he was in HK?
    Greenwald apparently went there.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I'm not sure if I believe that. But if he was in Hong Kong, he isn't any longer.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the interview could have been done a month ago.
    greenwald got the green light to go with it after enough scandals had broken, making it a perfect storm.
    this would give time for snowden to relocate to places where the CIA isn't.... which he had info on...
    why would he stay down the street from their depot?
    mentioning it in the video would be great for trolling the local agents.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    the interview could have been done a month ago.
    greenwald got the green light to go with it after enough scandals had broken, making it a perfect storm.
    this would give time for snowden to relocate to places where the CIA isn't.... which he had info on...
    why would he stay down the street from their depot?
    mentioning it in the video would be great for trolling the local agents.
    Yes, exactly. Snowden had a great sense of timing doing this now with the IRS scandal.

And he chose Greenwald because he knows Greenwald is an ideologue and believes what he writes.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Expensive T-Shirt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post

#LibertyIsRising

Bump. Kicking some ass right now, up almost $14,000 in 3 hours. Still +repping donations, so let's keep them coming.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    I would highly suggest creating a donation thread where people post proof of their donations, with a running total in the OP. Kind of like what we did back during the moneybombs. I think we can do better than $5k.
    DONE: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?417364-Liberty-Is-Rising-Truth-in-Media-project-pledges-thread

Post your pledges in the linked thread, and we'll have one place to keep a running total (and any +repping ...)

I've already included all the pledges from this thread up to this point.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

We can do it. I am going to drop $500. We need this project more than ever.

The liberty movement has been asking for this for years, this is our chance. Do not let this point in history pass us by.
    I couldn't agree more. Might be the best investment we ever made. If Ben highlights worthy liberty candidates to larger audiences this will pay back a thousand fold. Every dollar donated now, it worth a hundred times that in the future, maybe even more!
    Last edited by Bastiat's The Law; 06-10-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
    $3,000 in the hour since I donated, and it hasn't even really been hyped yet.

Though I'm a little concerned too, if he averages $50,000 a day (will be more today, but you know how these things tend to die off at the end), that would take 25 days. He's trying to do it in 16, so might be time to set up a money bomb or something to get the momentum going. (Edit: nevermind, July 26th, so he still has 45 days)

Really wish it wasn't one of those things with a deadline, and a chance that the money might get returned if the goal isn't met, but that just means we need to push.
    Apparently some people still don't know how this works.

YOU DO NOT PAY ANYTHING IF THE FULL AMOUNT IS NOT RAISED!

Remember: This is a pledge, not a donation. If the funds are not raised, you lose nothing, so you only pay for it if this thing is actually going to happen. The deadline, however, is still in place, but it looks well within reach, so keep pushing!
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

When I went to make my pledge, Amazon Payments is asking me to update my "amazon payments" account with my social?! What the hell? I can't pledge unless I provide them with it! It won't go through!

Did anyone else have to do this?

Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by KerriAnn View Post
    When I went to make my pledge, Amazon Payments is asking me to update my "amazon payments" account with my social?! What the hell? I can't pledge unless I provide them with it! It won't go through!

did not encounter that request.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Can someone make a graph of this? Over 45 days we might be able to see a trend develop for certain days of the week, which could help us determine which days the money bombs should be on in 2016.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Are you the same person who posted this in the Facebook event? That is the only other person I have heard that has been asked this.

That's strange. That didn't happen for me, either.

For me, the Amazon part just asked for my regular Amazon login, payment method & billing address confirmation.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Ben Swann was the guest on Peter Schiff's radio show today.

http://schiffradio.com/

Schiff can be a horrible interviewer, lol.

Wow, up to $95,000. Just when I start to lose my faith in our resolve to look past our differences and do what's right, you all show what we're capable of when we work together.

Let's keep it going folks. The $1.25 million goal doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Are you the same person who posted this in the Facebook event? That is the only other person I have heard that has been asked this.
    Yeah, that's me... I don't understand why I'm the only one who has to do this. I tried again just now.

I swear I know what I'm doing. People are assuming I am on some sort of phishing page, but I know I'm not. I am going directly to the kickstarter page from the link here on the forums.

This is bull$#@!. Am I some sort of test subject for Amazon? I really want to donate to this project, but I am not going to give my social to Amazon!

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Interview Snowden... he'll rake in millions
    He told me on FB he is praying for the chance to do so!

Donations stagnated big time. Not sure it will make it unless Ron Paul calls for a moneybomb.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Donations stagnated big time. Not sure it will make it unless Ron Paul calls for a moneybomb.
    That would be great if Ron Paul did. Kickstarter is more like a 12 round fight than a sprint. Pledges come in waves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
    Wow, up to $95,000. Just when I start to lose my faith in our resolve to look past our differences and do what's right, you all show what we're capable of when we work together.

Let's keep it going folks. The $1.25 million goal doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore.
    I think it's pretty amazing. I wish we could tap into that enthusiasm with liberty candidates like Greg Brannon. If Brannon raised 95k it would all but assure his primary victory.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Ben Swann was the guest on Peter Schiff's radio show today.

http://schiffradio.com/

Schiff can be a horrible interviewer, lol.
    Schiff was brutal on poor Ben, sheesh. Did anyone sense a little jealousy in Peter's voice? I think Peter is perturbed his campaign didn't have the same kind of steam behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Schiff was brutal on poor Ben, sheesh. Did anyone sense a little jealousy in Peter's voice? I think Peter is perturbed his campaign didn't have the same kind of steam behind it.
    I thought he had a good point about raising the bar too high.

Right now we are technically on pace to just fund it, but these things really taper off as they go on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast