Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Swann Seeks To Make History By Raising $1.25 Million Through KickStarter

Thumbs up Ben Swann Seeks To Make History By Raising $1.25 Million Through KickStarter

Ben Swann's press release has been...well.... released.

"Award Winning Journalist Seeks To Make History By Raising $1.25 Million Through KickStarter."

For Immediate Release:

Beginning Monday, June 10, 2013, investigative journalist Ben Swann will make history launching the largest ever attempt to crowd-source investigative journalism through his “Liberty is Rising, Truth in Media” project on www.Kickstarter.com.

The Kickstarter project has a base goal of $1.25 million dollars to launch a 3 level platform to inform, engage and activate Americans across the political spectrum. Swann plans to create 100 high-end digital cinema episodes of his web show Ben Swann Full Disclosure for distribution on www.BenSwann.com and on streaming sites such as Netlfix, Hulu and Spotify. In addition, Swann will be rolling out a highly interactive, informative website that will include all Full Disclosure episodes, a forum, Ben Swann podcasts and a mobile app.

“We believe that this Kickstarter project is about more than just media, it is a genuine attempt to investigate issues the mainstream media in America is not covering. Issues like the Federal Reserve, CISPA, drone strikes, the drug war, etc, are what the American people are asking for. This will be journalism by the people, for the people.” says Swann.

Ben Swann, a two-time Emmy award and two-time Edward R. Murrow award winning journalist has worked as an Anchor/Investigative reporter covering Mexicoʼs drug war in El Paso Texas and the 2012 Presidential election from Cincinnati, Ohio. His internationally known Reality Check and Full Disclosure series have been viewed over 10 million times in 140 countries.

For more on the project, www.BenSwann.com

You can view the full Kickstarter project:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...edia-project-0

Edit to add the trailer

Last edited by ItsTime; 06-10-2013 at 05:41 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wow...that's quite ambitious.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Wow...that's quite ambitious.
    It's Go big or go home, I guess.

Not like he's gonna get any corporate sponsors on this, but if we don't have a media outlet we'll never win & keep political victories.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Ben can do it! If anyone can, he can. There will be a lesson to learn here to for all the sloth-like neckbeards.

Ben is a slick looking guy and will be an attractive suit to help in the female demographic. He is extremely smart and dedicated, getting his masters at 16 which will impress most guys and nerds.

I have always thought Tom Woods, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Glenn "Gunny", Stefan Molyneux, Adam Kokesh, Dennis Kucinich, & Ben Swann could lead an entire liberty network. It would hit most of the esoteric faucets of our philosophy while retaining top-notch talent.

Integrity is becoming everything. Our economy is going to be the valley of the blind and people will latch to whoever is left standing that has a shred of credibility.

Interview Snowden... he'll rake in millions
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Damn good idea!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, how do we get Ron Paul to post this on his Facebook page?

Quote Originally Posted by talkingpointes View Post
    Ben can do it! If anyone can, he can. There will be a lesson to learn here to for all the sloth-like neckbeards.

Ben is a slick looking guy and will be an attractive suit to help in the female demographic. He is extremely smart and dedicated, getting his masters at 16 which will impress most guys and nerds.

I have always thought Tom Woods, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Glenn "Gunny", Stefan Molyneux, Adam Kokesh, Dennis Kucinich, & Ben Swann could lead an entire liberty network. It would hit most of the esoteric faucets of our philosophy while retaining top-notch talent.

Integrity is becoming everything. Our economy is going to be the valley of the blind and people will latch to whoever is left standing that has a shred of credibility.
    What about Peter Schiff?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Schiff is great. He's seriously underestimated in terms of how many people he's woke up.

Ben though will help bring liberty to younger audiences. Kind of like AJ does but obviously totally different style
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

Sure I dont see why not

Donated what I could, and more when the next checks come in.

Cmon folks, just shy of $50,000. A long way to go, but this group can raise funds in a hurry. I can't think of many more worthy than Ben, the last true investigative journalist in the mainstream media.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Even more reason: This project will only be funded if at least $1,250,000 is pledged by Friday Jul 26, 12:00am EDT.

Let's help with some +rep to any donations posted here.

I don't even care if you're lying (that's for you and your conscience), so long as it helps bump this thread to reach others.
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 06-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

Somebody call Peter Thiel....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Cmon folks, just shy of $50,000.
    Damn! I could swear it was only a thousand-something last time I looked.

I'm afraid $1.25 million might be overreaching, but if this keeps up, maybe not ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

ill donate on pay day what I can afford to give. Its for a dang good cause

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Damn! I could swear it was only a thousand-something last time I looked.

I'm afraid $1.25 million might be overreaching, but if this keeps up, maybe not ...
    $3,000 in the hour since I donated, and it hasn't even really been hyped yet.

Though I'm a little concerned too, if he averages $50,000 a day (will be more today, but you know how these things tend to die off at the end), that would take 25 days. He's trying to do it in 16, so might be time to set up a money bomb or something to get the momentum going. (Edit: nevermind, July 26th, so he still has 45 days)

Really wish it wasn't one of those things with a deadline, and a chance that the money might get returned if the goal isn't met, but that just means we need to push.
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 06-10-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    ill donate on pay day what I can afford to give. Its for a dang good cause
    kickstarter works on pledges, the pledges don't actually get charged and donated until the goal is met and the kickstarter ends.
    if the 1.25 million goal isn't made, the project fails- no pledges are charged.
    this needs to be known to people.
    you don't have to wait for payday, and if the project goal isn't met, there is no charge.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    kickstarter works on pledges, the pledges don't actually get charged and donated until the goal is met and the kickstarter ends.
    if the 1.25 million goal isn't made, the project fails- no pledges are charged.
    this needs to be known to people.
    you don't have to wait for payday, and if the project goal isn't met, there is no charge.
    Thanks I didn't know that.

$35 is all it takes to get free digital downloads of all the episodes if the project goes through.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by jim49er View Post
    Thanks I didn't know that.
    i wish i could that post of mine in every kickstarter thread for Ben.
    but then, i'd feel like i was spamming.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Do it..

People on twitter or reddit need to know that too.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We can do it. I am going to drop $500. We need this project more than ever.

The liberty movement has been asking for this for years, this is our chance. Do not let this point in history pass us by.
    Last edited by ItsTime; 06-10-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Go ahead and hit Ben's pages and event page. It should be said.

Plus reps.. let's get the remainder each time someone pledges.

I'm probably going to give $100. I'll see after Ben does his pitch.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Go ahead and hit Ben's pages and event page. It should be said.
    i'm not on his pages, i'm not on any social media outside of twitter.
    would you be willing to repost my post on those pages?
    or at least, let me know where those pages are located?

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Good luck finding him... you really think he was in HK?
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast