Thread: Glen "Gunny" Bradley

Glen "Gunny" Bradley

Freedom Mom wants to thank you all for continued support. We are making a different, one person, one level at a time. The GOP now realizes that we are here to stay. Glen came in second. They are recalculating the weighted votes due to a "formula" error.

Our future for Freedom and Liberty in America is in your hands, our hands. We will continue to be involved and we are in until we win!

Thank you all so very much for your encouraging words and financial support.

Together we are strong, alone we are lost.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Glen is a true hero and a man I have so much respect for. He's someone most people here should have as a role model. You should be extremely proud of your son, Jacque.

I'm glad I was able to donate, albeit not much, to his campaign and will gladly donate again to his next endeavor.

That was one hell of a race that yall put on and now yall have a sizable minority of the party apparatus. Thanks to Glen, his mom and everyone who aided this effort, inside or out of NC. It's an effort like this or something similar that galvanizes the grassroots to mobilize into action and it's very beneficial for the libertarian crusade inside the GOP and it really becomes an eye opener for establishment folks. It gets you respect.

I'm here because Ron Paul told me the truth back in '07. I'm still here for truth -and it does my heart good to be able to see other folks support the truth far and wide the best they can.

Thank you Freedom Mom, Glen, and everyone near and far who contributed and continue to contribute to getting the truth out.

Keep at it! It's worth it!
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

What's this about a formula error???
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    What's this about a formula error???
    As people were leaving, they never changed the weighted formula. It has been turned into credentials but it may have to be taken further. I am sure it won't change the vote but Glen would have received more weighted votes. It might have turned out closer. Not sure it was an error or on purpose. They are afraid of the Constitution and Liberty. What is their problem?
    Last edited by jacque; 06-10-2013 at 06:53 PM.

You two are a great tag team for liberty!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    You two are a great tag team for liberty!
    Thank you very much! I try but it works our pretty good. When I get discouraged, Glen usually brings me back and vice versa. Along with you guys, I am able to keep my sanity and keep pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by jacque View Post
    As people were leaving, they never changed the weighted formula. It has been turned into credentials but it may have to be taken further. I am sure it won't change the vote but Glen would have received more weighted votes. It might have turned out closer. Not sure it was an error or on purpose. They are afraid of the Constitution and Liberty. What is their problem?
    Would it have affected Joyce's 50% threshold? She got something like 55% total for the win. If she got less than 50% there would have to have been a second round of voting but quorum would have been broken by then. Interesting. Keep us informed on this please jacque. The sudden changing of the vote tabulation procedure stunk to high heaven....
    Last edited by devil21; 06-10-2013 at 07:02 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Would it have affected Joyce's 50% threshold? She got something like 55% total for the win. If she got less than 50% there would have to have been a second round of voting but quorum would have been broken by then. Interesting. Keep us informed on this please jacque. The sudden changing of the vote tabulation procedure stunk to high heaven....
    Not too sure. That is our concern. Would it have to gone to a second vote. They thought we would just sit back and accept it. That will never happen in our Liberty circles. I don't think they understand independence. We already know they can play follow the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by jacque View Post
    Not too sure. That is our concern. Would it have to gone to a second vote. They thought we would just sit back and accept it. That will never happen in our Liberty circles. I don't think they understand independence. We already know they can play follow the leader.
    Some questions...at approximately what time did this "error" come to light? It's important to define the nature and scope of the error as well before we can even think about doing something. I never did catch Joyce's exact percentage but I thought she only just cleared 50%...didn't think it was as high as 55. But if she didn't clear 50, her election isn't valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsouljer View Post
    Some questions...at approximately what time did this "error" come to light? It's important to define the nature and scope of the error as well before we can even think about doing something. I never did catch Joyce's exact percentage but I thought she only just cleared 50%...didn't think it was as high as 55. But if she didn't clear 50, her election isn't valid.
    Check out the screen shot in the NC convention thread in Liberty Activism. Joyce was shown with 548 "raw" votes.

nm here it is

I still don't really understand the whole weighted vote thing. Only thing that should matter is her raw votes, as to whether she got 50% to win.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-12-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Check out the screen shot in the NC convention thread in Liberty Activism. Joyce was shown with 548 "raw" votes.

nm here it is

I still don't really understand the whole weighted vote thing. Only thing that should matter is her raw votes, as to whether she got 50% to win.
    Most helpful, thanks for the graphic. I calculate 53.46% for Joyce. This was a very hard screen to see from anywhere but the upfront rows in the convention hall. As for the weighted vote, it allows counties to vote their full share of allotted votes if less than 100% of their credentialed delegates appear. So if Hogwash County is allowed 20 delegates (votes) and only 5 Hogwash County delegates show up at the convention, those 5 delegates vote all 20 of the county's votes with each delegate's vote weighted to 4 since that delegate controls one-fifth of the County vote.

Yeah I get that it's supposed to level the playing field so that Meck, Wake, and the few other heavily delegated areas don't decide every election but doesnt the weighting also apply to the big counties as well? I guess I don't understand why weighting matters unless it's specifically designed to ensure a Meck delegate's vote has less impact (comparatively) than a Burke delegate's vote. If people don't show up, sucks for them. Showing up is half the battle.

Well timing is everything. As such I threw something your way recently to make the point. There is a time for everything as they say and the point for time making. Guess for now were in a learning curve, yet that soon will change. Take a break and make time for breaks. Definitely see Gunny running something here soon again. Congrats!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chaining myself to the Gunny sub forum.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Any developments on this, jacque?

No, have not heard a word. I will check with the group that submitted it to credentials.

I hope he runs again and totally wins in a big way

It wouldn't have gone anywhere near that much of a margin, it would just have examined our effect in the East where we have focused. Even if it could have affected a recount it wouldn't have affected the outcome.

We had a bigger impact than people think. We were the grassroots unity team. My counterpart ran on her allegiance to the grassroots, and then threw the grassroots under the bus on day on right out in front of everybody. I'm off to the side trying to help but I can't (lol for the first time since 2007 I am nobody and I love it) and quietly whistling "you could have had a voice, you should have had a voice"

The Rovian shenanigans in the Sunday ExComm meeting was enough to turn a 30% delegation into a 50/50 split by itself. They are now going to be afraid of the next ExComm meeting. A lot of their muscle will be off busy somewhere else and grassroots conservatives carry a hard 30% and a soft 55%. What's going to happen is they are going to try and not hold meetings...

Nicole Revels of Carolina Liberty PAC is working on it. Her contact is Kim Cotton West, 3rd District Chair. I myself do not want it to be a high priority, but if nothing else they can send a data file to them or I, as I would love to see how our campaign strategy worked county by county.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    Well timing is everything. As such I threw something your way recently to make the point. There is a time for everything as they say and the point for time making. Guess for now were in a learning curve, yet that soon will change. Take a break and make time for breaks. Definitely see Gunny running something here soon again. Congrats!

I wasn't happy, but we did a lot more amongst the GOP delegation than people can see now. We were the adults in the room the whole time. We crushed (and I mean crushed) their two primary objections and became 'friend against the establishment' with everybody else, instead of some 3rd-party enemy to be fought and shut down, like the last 5 years.

The guy running for the rejection of our kind, came in last place. And kind of badly last place, and he did the most face to face work of everybody.

A whole lot of very positive undercurrents came out of this. I have been remiss to report in part because I didn't want to look like I was turning a turd into a diamond ring.

It took Karl flippin Rove to stop it, and after he did, the whole conservative delegation gets tossed under the bus on day one.

I'm getting more fb friend requests now than I was before this...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah I get that it's supposed to level the playing field so that Meck, Wake, and the few other heavily delegated areas don't decide every election but doesnt the weighting also apply to the big counties as well? I guess I don't understand why weighting matters unless it's specifically designed to ensure a Meck delegate's vote has less impact (comparatively) than a Burke delegate's vote. If people don't show up, sucks for them. Showing up is half the battle.
    Taking Meck was enormous brother. My Speaker friend was in there pressing his own delegation against me. I want that has raised an eyebrow or three.

What it was is that some counties were weighed their absent votes differently than others. The impact would be relatively minor, but I expect it would show an appreciable bump in the weighted side due to our efforts east of 95. We took Beaufort unanimous. That's something of a big deal.

Gunny, if you can secure Beaufort and keep things secure as you expand thy base in the other counties...!!!