Thread: Lindsey Graham's World - by Nancy Mace

Lindsey Graham's World - by Nancy Mace

http://www.redstate.com/nancymace/20...grahams-world/
    The Constitution. The Bill of Rights. The Declaration of Independence. To some these are little more than historical documents, but to conservatives these are the law of the land. It is clear as one reads them, the foundation of our country was built with limited government and the free market in mind.

However, Washington is out of touch. Special interests throw money at career politicians. These same politicians fail to lead and simply react to the latest controversy to gain a spot on Sunday morning talk shows.

With congressional approval at an all time low, itís easy to understand why some would prefer to appear on television sets rather than face their constituents back at home.

President Reagan once said ďFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction,Ē that we must fight for it, protect it and hand it down to future generations.

Yesterday South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham endorsed President Obamaís intrusive arm of big brother regarding the collection of data and phone records:

ďIím a Verizon customer. I donít mind Verizon turning over records to the government if the
    government is going to make sure that they try to match up a known terrorist phone with somebody in the United States. I donít think youíre talking to the terrorists. I know youíre not. I know Iím not. So we donít have anything to worry about.Ē

Senator Graham went on to challenge Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky. In his attack, Graham leads us to believe that ďIn Senator Paulís worldĒ those who value the constitution would leave America in a weakened position against its enemies. However, true conservatives believe that we can follow the constitution and defend our country against the enemy without sacrificing our freedom.

One week Senator Graham wants to debate the rights granted in the Second Amendment and another he questions the First Amendment rights of American citizens. And yesterday he tells us itís ok for the government to search our phone records even if we are law abiding citizens.

Most would agree with Senator Graham that radical Islam is the foremost threat to our nationís security. However, if we are truly protecting Americans from this grave threat, then how does it make sense to supply arms and aid to countries who support radical Islam, bring harm to our allies, burn our flag, hate our culture and allow terrorists to plot against the United States and her friends?

In Senator Grahamís world, arming al-Qaeda in Syria is a good idea.

In Senator Grahamís world, your rights as an American citizen are granted by the ruling political class and not by our Creator.

In Senator Grahamís world, government should always be trusted but never the American citizen.

In Senator Grahamís world, the Constitution doesnít exist.

In Senator Grahamís world, the entire Bill of Rights is negotiable.

In Senator Grahamís world, our constitutional rights seem constantly up for debate.

In Senator Grahamís world, he says weíre fighting for freedom but is the first to surrender all of them.

In Senator Grahamís world, America is going broke, and taxing hard working Americans while spending more money the country simply does not have.

In Senator Grahamís world, I am concerned about the future of our country.

Maybe Senator Graham has been living in a world of his own for too long.

###

Nancy Mace is the first woman to graduate from The Citadel, the military college of South Carolina. She is the author of In the Company of Men published by Simon and Schuster. She is a small business owner of a public relations and marketing firm, The Mace Group, based in Charleston, South Carolina.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    VERY well put

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Lindsey Grahams world is corruption, deception, treason and destruction.
    "The Patriarch"

Graham and McCain would bomb, murder, rape, and destroy the world if they had the chance.... they are eviiiiiiiiil.... so evil you have to say it like that.... eeeeviiiiiillllllll.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Get off the potty and run already.
    Give it a few days
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I admit I wasn't sure about her at first but after reading her defense of Rand and the scathing review of Grahama, I'm sold.

Nancy Mace is planning to officially launch her Senate bid in a few days!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We all remember the days, not too long ago, when statements from Graham would go uncontested, and he'd be fawned over on all the talk shows. So glad that's changed.
    Last edited by georgiaboy; 06-08-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

This woman is gonna be having money pour in in record numbers. Graham is public enemy #1 in the grassroots attempt to reshape the GrandOle Party. If we can take him down and insert a Randian then the pro-liberty profile gets mad bragging rights and validity in the new GOP. Then, once we prove our marbles on an entrenched incumbent scumbag, the other wafflers will get some shock therapy.

I hope she gets some good people running her campaign. The people that ran Rand's campaign in 2010 did a great job and really made a difference. I hope she is good on TV and in speeches. Aside from that she looks like an excellent candidate.
    Last edited by Adrock; 06-08-2013 at 09:39 PM.