Thread: Rand Paul to introduce 3 additional amendments to immigration bill

Rand Paul to introduce 3 additional amendments to immigration bill

Sen. Paul to Introduce ‘Trust but Verify’ and Additional Amendments to Immigration Reform Bill

Sen. Rand Paul yesterday announced one of his amendments that he intends on offering to the Gang of Eight's Immigration Reform Bill. The Paul amendment makes immigration reform conditional on Congress voting on whether the border is secure, requiring completion of a border fence in five years and a protection against the federal government establishing a national identification card system for citizens. Sen. Paul's "Trust but Verify" amendment requires Congress to write and enforce a border security blueprint rather than relying on bureaucracies, such as the Department of Homeland Security, to come up with a plan. The amendment also would provide new national security safeguards to track the holders of student visas and those provided asylum and refugee status. The Paul amendment would put pressure on the Department of Homeland Security to finally follow through on the broken promise of a secure border and an effective visa tracking system.

In addition to Trust but Verify, Sen. Paul intends to offer the following amendments:

'No New Pathway to Citizenship' Amendment

Sen. Paul's "No New Pathway to Citizenship" amendment removes the new and exclusive visa category and pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants. The amendment expands existing work visa categories instead of creating a new Registered Provisional Immigrant status. This updated work visa will not give any individual a new pathway to citizenship; rather they will be treated as if they are in line in their home country. No preference will be given to those on a work visa over individuals who are in line and outside the borders of the United States.

'Secure the Vote' Amendment

Sen. Paul's "Secure the Vote" amendment ensures that individuals on work visas or given status under the bill are not allowed to vote in federal elections until they become citizens. The amendment will provide new procedures to encourage states to check that individuals gaining status or a work visa are not registered to vote.

'Secure the Treasury' Taxpayer Protection Amendment

Sen. Paul's "Secure the Treasury" amendment will provide further protections for taxpayers against individuals in a new immigration status from becoming dependent on the welfare state. This amendment will prevent individuals in Registered Provisional Immigrant status from getting access to Obamacare and welfare.
    http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=836

Details of each amendment:

'No New Pathway to Citizenship' Amendment
    'Secure the Vote' Amendment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And we have to stop National ID!

And I've quickly put a post up on Redstate so hopefully people take note: http://www.redstate.com/freedomrepub...n-reform-bill/
    Last edited by TaftFan; 06-05-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I wish Rand would make a bigger deal about that.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    National ID has already been stopped where I live. It shouldn't be a issue. The issue is over. Nothing to worry about.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by ObiRandKenobi View Post
    I wish Rand would make a bigger deal about that.
    He wrote an op-ed about it a couple weeks ago and getting rid of it is a part of his Trust but Verify amendment.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-a-national-ID

Sen. Paul's "Secure the Treasury" amendment will provide further protections for taxpayers against individuals in a new immigration status from becoming dependent on the welfare state. This amendment will prevent individuals in Registered Provisional Immigrant status from getting access to Obamacare and welfare.
    I was just thinking about this today. I was beginning to get worried Rand wasn't going to address this since I hadn't heard him mention it before. I was "almost" disappointed in him. Phew....that was close .

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    National ID has already been stopped where I live. It shouldn't be a issue. The issue is over. Nothing to worry about.
    If you are referring to nullification, federal law trumps state law legally or not.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They plan on using e-verify for every job. So the Feds could ban people from employment.
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.