Thread: The Crusades were Justified and Miraculous stories from the Crusaders

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The Crusades were Justified and Miraculous stories from the Crusaders

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The evil done during the First Crusade by the Crusaders erased any just cause it may have been sold as or started with the intention for. When they arrived in Jerusalem, having killed women and children, the Holy Fire for the first time did not appear at the Holy Sepulcher on Holy Saturday. Neither the next year, until by a miracle it appeared by the prayers of the Orthodox Christians when the Latin Patriarch left the Church in humiliation towards the Temple Mount in order to petition God for mercy. And for the 80 years that the Crusaders occupied Jerusalem, they waited on the Orthodox Bishop to perform the rite so that the Holy Fire would appear and light up the Church they travelled hundreds of miles to 'liberate'.
    Last edited by TER; 05-28-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

And especially was the Fourth Crusade not justified in the sacking of Constantinople, when thousands of Christians were killed and churches desecrated and robbed. I think a recent Pope has asked for forgiveness for this Crusade, and it was long overdue. But, hopefully, healing will take place now.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    And especially was the Fourth Crusade not justified in the sacking of Constantinople, when thousands of Christians were killed and churches desecrated and robbed. I think a recent Pope has asked for forgiveness for this Crusade, and it was long overdue. But, hopefully, healing will take place now.

The Byzantines slaughtered the Latin Christians years prior to the Fourth Crusade, so it was proper retaliation.

WTF. The Crusaders were a bunch of psychopaths who killed whatever happened to be in front of their face at the moment. How does anyone romanticize this $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    WTF. The Crusaders were a bunch of psychopaths who killed whatever happened to be in front of their face at the moment. How does anyone romanticize this $#@!.

Oh god, and I bet you think the barbaric Moors and Islamic hoards that slaughtered, maimed, and conquered traditional christian and "western" lands was an enlightening and romantic event. Most of the Crusaders were politically justified and needed to push the Islamic world back. There are some who argue that the West's current intervention in the Middle East is another crusade. The problem is we're just in there installing faux-democracy rather than taking back the land that was ours to begin with from the desert-dwelling arabian God-less Mohammedans.

History is chock-full of invading $#@! armies, and the crusaders were a prime example.

You think that Europeans and their descendants own the middle-east because they happen to worship some ancient semite commonly referred to as Jesus?

Way to perpetuate the most destructive form of idiocy known to man.

Losers like you are the entire reason that the Republican party is infested by neocons trotskyites, good job.
    Last edited by Petar; 05-29-2013 at 04:12 AM.

Ha, I bet that you wish you could have been one of the Christians that these psychos slaughtered on their way to the "holy land".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReasonableThinker View Post
    The Byzantines slaughtered the Latin Christians years prior to the Fourth Crusade, so it was proper retaliation.
    You are a new kind of Catholic I am not used to, one who glorifies the Crusades and tries to justify the sacking of Constantinople! Thankfully, there aren't many of you that still remain. Are you aware that the Pope has officially (on behalf of the Church) asked forgiveness for that act? (900 years later, but better late then never!)

Please do you (and your Church) a favor and stop trying to justify the massacres done in the name of Christ. It does little to bring people to Him (except for those who relish in bloodshed).
    +

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    You are a new kind of Catholic I am not used to, one who glorifies the Crusades and tries to justify the sacking of Constantinople! Thankfully, there aren't many of you that still remain. Are you aware that the Pope has officially (on behalf of the Church) asked forgiveness for that act? (900 years later, but better late then never!)

Please do you (and your Church) a favor and stop trying to justify the massacres done in the name of Christ. It does little to bring people to Him (except for those who relish in bloodshed).

I'm not any kind of Roman Catholic. But it is a fact that the Crusaders that sacked the east was in response to persecution by the East. And the Catholic Church has turned far to the Left in recent years, embracing egalitarianism and reactionary anti-Western policies. Not sure what you mean by God not relishing in massacres, I guess you're a Marcionite? You better tell God to repent from destroying the Temple in 70 A.D. and killing off hoards of Canaanites in the OT.

I'm not any kind of Roman Catholic. But it is a fact that the Crusaders that sacked the east was in response to persecution by the East. And the Catholic Church has turned far to the Left in recent years, embracing egalitarianism and reactionary anti-Western policies. Not sure what you mean by God not relishing in massacres, I guess you're a Marcionite? You better tell God to repent from destroying the Temple in 70 A.D. and killing off hoards of Canaanites in the OT.
    You are a foolish Roman Catholic who defends the Crusades! That is the kind of Roman Catholic that you are! One who is too proud to see the error!

Repent as your Pope and your Church has repented and stop worshipping God as some blood thirsty tyrant!
    +

John 13:34, 35 34A new commandment I give to you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another.

1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

John 18:36 Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Methinks thou art trolling.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

How do you feel about the 10th Crusade - the one we're currently in and involves drones?
    Are you going to "justify" this too?
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    How do you feel about the 10th Crusade - the one we're currently in and involves drones?
    Are you going to "justify" this too?

Hahahahahahahahahaha good one. This is a joke, right?

If not, you are not reasonable, and you are not a thinker.
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 06-15-2013 at 02:54 PM.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh god, and I bet you think the barbaric Moors and Islamic hoards that slaughtered, maimed, and conquered traditional christian and "western" lands was an enlightening and romantic event. Most of the Crusaders were politically justified and needed to push the Islamic world back. There are some who argue that the West's current intervention in the Middle East is another crusade. The problem is we're just in there installing faux-democracy rather than taking back the land that was ours to begin with from the desert-dwelling arabian God-less Mohammedans.
    You bring up some good points. Britain is facing another invasion by the muslims.

I don't know how Godly the Catholics are, they imprisoned people for observing and studying the universe. At least when the Muslims held parts of Europe, those areas prospered. When Catholicism was at it's height in Europe, the people were poor, uneducated, sick, etc.

The height of the Islamic empire ushered in innovation, science, technology, etc.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Wow. There is nothing more unjustified than the tyranny of the Roman Catholic church.