Thread: Sen. Paul Introduces Bill to Protect Americans Against Unwarranted Drone Surveillance

Sen. Paul Introduces Bill to Protect Americans Against Unwarranted Drone Surveillance

Sen. Paul Introduces Bill to Protect Americans Against Unwarranted Drone Surveillance

May 22, 2013

Sen. Rand Paul today introduced the Preserving Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act of 2013. This bill would protect an individual's right to privacy against unwarranted governmental intrusion through the use of unmanned aerial vehicles, commonly known as drones. While the use of drone aircraft and technology continues to expand in all areas of the government, the Preserving Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act will ensure the protection of every American citizen's right to personal privacy.

"The use of drone surveillance may work on the battlefields overseas, but it isn't well-suited for unrestrained use on the streets in the United States. Congress must be vigilant in providing oversight to the use of this technology and protection for rights of the American people. I will continue the fight to protect and uphold our Fourth Amendment," Sen. Paul said.

The Preserving Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act of 2013 also:

- Prohibits the use of drones owned or funded by the federal government in an evidence-collection or surveillance capacity unless a warrant authorizing the action has been obtained.

- Includes the following exceptions:

- patrol of national borders;

- when there is imminent danger to life;

- high risk of a terrorist attack.

- Specifies that no evidence obtained or collected in violation of this Act can be used/admissible as evidence in a criminal, civil, or regulatory action.
    http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=820

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not conservative enough to bitch yet not libertarian enough to give credit.

I was reading an article saying that Obama had admitted killing at least 4 American citizens via drone strikes. Is that posted here any place? I was on my mobile when I read it and so don't remember where I was reading it.

yet people will over look this and bitch and moan, about meaningless crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I was reading an article saying that Obama had admitted killing at least 4 American citizens via drone strikes. Is that posted here any place? I was on my mobile when I read it and so don't remember where I was reading it.
    http://rt.com/usa/us-government-drone-killing-660/

Only thing that I've found.

-Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    http://rt.com/usa/us-government-drone-killing-660/

Only thing that I've found.

-Virgil

Thanks, Virgil. Isn't the same one that I had seen earlier but still a good read now that I have time to go through the comments. This one from RT gives Rand some views, I suppose.

Thanks, Virgil. Isn't the same one that I had seen earlier but still a good read now that I have time to go through the comments. This one from RT gives Rand some views, I suppose.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill...#ixzz2U3enNgat

Maybe this one?

-Virgil

Was it this one?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/us...kes.html?_r=2&
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's what I'll be most interested to see: How long will it take for McCain, MSNBC, etc., to start calling Rand crazy for thinking this is even necessary. Especially I want to see what the Lefties say, because if this $#@! was a potential issue back when Bush/Cheney were in the Whitehouse, they would've been all over it, supporting it whole-heartedly. Let's see if anybody on the Left has any ideological consistency. Will they support this bill, or criticize it like moronic hypocrites?
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by cero View Post
    yet people will over look this and bitch and moan, about meaningless crap.
    Personally, I care more about foreign policy than civil liberties. Maybe others are different.

Watch the movie
    Eagle Eye ....and then maybe add a few extra things in this bill.