Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does smoking weed make you unable 2b productive? (split from arrest thread)

Does smoking weed make you unable 2b productive? (split from arrest thread)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    Let us educate LE a little bit so we can sent her on the right path.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was the youngest ever Mr. Olympia at the age of 23 he also continued to win it six more times for a total of seven times, pot smoker. You must not understand how much discipline is required to win such an event.

Many UFC fighters arguably some of the most in shape athletes in the world have been popping on drug tests and many are known to smoke marijuana.

Also LE, most of the and I do say most of the artists you listen to (unless you are the only person to hate music) were high or on something when making and performing those songs we all love.

So how can such lazy no good doers produce such great results?
    Sad attempt at twisting what I said. You're going to have to try harder. lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    George Washington is said to have not had the wild marijuana plants pulled up near Mount Vernon.
    George Washington viewed hemp as a likely cash crop when you could make a cheap rope from it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want all marijuana laws to be decriminalized via a progressive scale.
    I feel that if there are no major murders associated with the illegal shipments,
    some of the poor felons in our prisons could eventually be let out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    What you said has very little basis in fact, and is a common stereotype that has been promoted by media and entertainment.

There are a great many folks that burn one,, and go to work.

This last winter it was nice to have a rare taste before going out in sub zero weather (blizzards) to cut wood.
    It made an unpleasant job a bit less unpleasant.

I do wish I could afford to make a habit of it.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-20-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I am not even going to try with you as pcosmar already pointed enough out. And yes the neg rep proved you are acting more like a child in here than anyone. Seriously LE when outsiders and even members here read your post, it pushes people away from this movement. You calling him a kid was not done because he is a kid and you know that, cannot believe you tried to spin it that way. Stop acting like a five year old that throws her poop at everyone and woman the $#@! up.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

You said that people, while high, aren't good for anything.

How about instead of us trying to give all our examples to disprove your statement, you actually provide some well-founded evidence for your claim.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Luv... could we take the whole marijuana debate to the FREEDOM LIVING forum as we try to see that ADAM K. gets out
    on bail and hires a good attorney? his civil rights that are more closer to HABEAS CORPUS than they are his presumed
    CANNABIS intake or not are more to the point of this. i think the LAPD once jumped Rodney King in an ungodly manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Luv... could we take the marijuana debate to the FREEDOM LIVING forum as we try to see that ADAM gets out on bail and hires a good attorney?
    good idea, it will take a while to split out that discussion but I'll put a couple in there, and then I'll add to it as I go through the thread so people can continue that side discussion there.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by mczerone View Post
    You said that people, while high, aren't good for anything.

How about instead of us trying to give all our examples to disprove your statement, you actually provide some well-founded evidence for your claim.
    I believe Dr. Robert Heath's rhesus monkey study will be the NIDA example given.

People source that one often. Never mentioning his other 'work,' of course.

Also, lmao at '2b.' Was that a mod or you, quick?

Either way, that plays into libertyeagle's stereotype of lazy or dull stoners nicely.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Let's not forget Michael Phelps and all his Olympic gold medals.
    Michael Phelps is a beast. I hope he changes his mind and competes in Rio 2016.
    I am the spoon.

Also Adam Kokesh was arrested while not smoking pot.

Thanks a lot for this mindscrew. It took time to get what happend.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

While I believe people should have the right to put in their bodies whatever they so choose, it's also true that most people dull their faculties when they drink alcohol, smoke pot, or imbibe in other substances. There are exceptions of course, but this makes most people less effective at accomplishing whatever task they are trying to accomplish, while they are drunk or stoned.

But, absolutely, people should be able to destroy themselves however they wish. But, don't expect me to support the idea that getting drunk or stoned is somehow standing for liberty.
    Marijuana does not, in my experience, dull your faculties. In fact, it does the opposite.

You should smoke sometime LE, it'll help you RELAX.
    I am the spoon.

irreguardless of the amount of pot~smoking he ever did,
    it was his upcoming d.c march that got him slammed into...
    L.E + I respect each other, even when we differ on things.

Makes me eat a $#@! load of Doritos. Is that productive?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Carl Sagan's essay on cannabis

Below are a few citations from an essay that astronomer Carl Sagan wrote in 1969 for Marihuana Reconsidered, a book published by Dr. Lester Grinspoon. At that time Sagan was 35 years old. He continued using cannabis for the rest of his life.

"The cannabis experience has greatly improved my appreciation for art, a subject which I had never much appreciated before. The understanding of the intent of the artist which I can achieve when high sometimes carries over to when I'm down. This is one of many human frontiers which cannabis has helped me traverse."

"A very similar improvement in my appreciation of music has occurred with cannabis. For the first time I have been able to hear the separate parts of a three-part harmony and the richness of the counterpoint. I have since discovered that professional musicians can quite easily keep many separate parts going simultaneously in their heads, but this was the first time for me. Again, the learning experience when high has at least to some extent carried over when I'm down. The enjoyment of food is amplified; tastes and aromas emerge that for some reason we ordinarily seem to be too busy to notice. I am able to give my full attention to the sensation. A potato will have a texture, a body, and taste like that of other potatoes, but much more so. Cannabis also enhances the enjoyment of sex - on the one hand it gives an exquisite sensitivity, but on the other hand it postpones orgasm: in part by distracting me with the profusion of image passing before my eyes. The actual duration of orgasm seems to lengthen greatly, but this may be the usual experience of time expansion which comes with cannabis smoking."

"I do not consider myself a religious person in the usual sense, but there is a religious aspect to some highs. The heightened sensitivity in all areas gives me a feeling of communion with my surroundings, both animate and inanimate."

"When I'm high I can penetrate into the past, recall childhood memories, friends, relatives, playthings, streets, smells, sounds, and tastes from a vanished era. I can reconstruct the actual occurrences in childhood events only half understood at the time. Many but not all my cannabis trips have somewhere in them a symbolism significant to me which I won't attempt to describe here, a kind of mandala embossed on the high. Free-associating to this mandala, both visually and as plays on words, has produced a very rich array of insights."

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

Well said, Carl...

I think we should all pitch in and buy LE an 1/8 of cannibis. I think her third eye needs some of squeegeeing.

Are you making the claim that getting high makes most people more productive while they are high? Come on now.
    Yes many people are more productive and more focused when they are high.
    I am the spoon.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    It's all about dosage. I would guess the majority of people who feel more productive on pot already have one of various things going on. ie.... high metabolism, chemical imbalances, mental disorders, high IQs. I base that on my knowledge and experience of those that I've known who have that result. I can also say with confidence that at least some of the people who feel more productive after smoking pot, only feel that way below a certain dosage. If you smoke REALLY good pot and a lot of it, it can be harder to concentrate on spreadsheets. That's for sure. But for the most part, smoking a small amount can help focus and energy.

Also, there are two main strains of marijuana that are common, one is referred to as cannabis indica, the other cannabis sativa. Indica will generally make you hungry and sleepy, while sativa will make you focused and energetic. (For the majority of healthy people).
    Last edited by Roxi; 05-20-2013 at 04:37 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    The cannabis does no such thing. You choose the Doritos. You could just as easily choose a bowl of fresh berries.

When I was in college for computer science, it was easy to see which students were using pot. Those who had their programming assignments done and working when it was time to turn them in, most often were doing pot. They claimed it made them able to focus on the project and imagine a creative way to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Also Adam Kokesh was arrested while not smoking pot.

Thanks a lot for this mindscrew. It took time to get what happend.
    I honestly didn't expect them to be so blatant. I figured they'd wait for him to smoke.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Marijuana does not, in my experience, dull your faculties. In fact, it does the opposite.
    Correct, cannabis increases your consciousness. That means you have the ability to perceive MORE at ONCE. Your processing speed does not go down, it's like trying to play a video game at a higher resolution, you're going to decrease your frames per second. But you are still processing just as quickly, I'd argue more quickly. You just have that perception that it slows people down because they are having to deal with a lot more information before they can react.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by mac_hine View Post

Carl Sagan's essay on cannabis

Below are a few citations from an essay that astronomer Carl Sagan wrote in 1969 for Marihuana Reconsidered, a book published by Dr. Lester Grinspoon. At that time Sagan was 35 years old. He continued using cannabis for the rest of his life.

"The cannabis experience has greatly improved my appreciation for art, a subject which I had never much appreciated before. The understanding of the intent of the artist which I can achieve when high sometimes carries over to when I'm down. This is one of many human frontiers which cannabis has helped me traverse."

"A very similar improvement in my appreciation of music has occurred with cannabis. For the first time I have been able to hear the separate parts of a three-part harmony and the richness of the counterpoint. I have since discovered that professional musicians can quite easily keep many separate parts going simultaneously in their heads, but this was the first time for me. Again, the learning experience when high has at least to some extent carried over when I'm down. The enjoyment of food is amplified; tastes and aromas emerge that for some reason we ordinarily seem to be too busy to notice. I am able to give my full attention to the sensation. A potato will have a texture, a body, and taste like that of other potatoes, but much more so. Cannabis also enhances the enjoyment of sex - on the one hand it gives an exquisite sensitivity, but on the other hand it postpones orgasm: in part by distracting me with the profusion of image passing before my eyes. The actual duration of orgasm seems to lengthen greatly, but this may be the usual experience of time expansion which comes with cannabis smoking."

"I do not consider myself a religious person in the usual sense, but there is a religious aspect to some highs. The heightened sensitivity in all areas gives me a feeling of communion with my surroundings, both animate and inanimate."

"When I'm high I can penetrate into the past, recall childhood memories, friends, relatives, playthings, streets, smells, sounds, and tastes from a vanished era. I can reconstruct the actual occurrences in childhood events only half understood at the time. Many but not all my cannabis trips have somewhere in them a symbolism significant to me which I won't attempt to describe here, a kind of mandala embossed on the high. Free-associating to this mandala, both visually and as plays on words, has produced a very rich array of insights."

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

Well said, Carl...

I think we should all pitch in and buy LE an 1/8 of cannibis. I think her third eye needs some of squeegeeing.
    +rep.

Things done while on pot this evening. Came home so first thing is to check the garden. A young tomato that was looking promising was missing. Located it. Looks like varmint. First time varmints have been in garden but have lost the dog tribe over the past few years. Decide to fence in garden. Drive to hardware. Get "rabbit fencing." Fire up table saw and cut some 1" x 1" x 3' stakes out of scrap lumber. With cordless circular cut a point. Drive in the stakes. 1 every 5'. With staple gun run fencing around stakes. 100'. Next contemplate how to secure bottom. No scrap wire. Fire one up. Hey look there plenty of scrap 1" x 1". Cut a point on each and saw a center cut about 4" and cut it off at 6". Secure bottom with these. Fence done. Post a bit on RPF. Now to mow the lawn. Heavy machinery. Oh my!

I love Doritos.
    I am the spoon.

The people who make Doritos would say so. Now they can be more productive as they make more to sell you.

everytime i slup a shot of Patron, i have to hit the pipe, then from there a line of coke, and then its on to the queen of spades....i'm good.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Correct, cannabis increases your consciousness. That means you have the ability to perceive MORE at ONCE.
    From Carl Sagan's essays (posted earlier):

For the first time I have been able to hear the separate parts of a three-part harmony and the richness of the counterpoint. I have since discovered that professional musicians can quite easily keep many separate parts going simultaneously in their heads, but this was the first time for me.

Ya that's why music sounds better stoned because you can actually separate and hear all of the instruments in your head clearly and distinctly. Now, some people do that without cannabis, to an extent, but it is a very small number of people who have that natural ability or it can take years and years of training.

In fact, if you have been smoking for some time and it hits you right away when you smoke (early smokers tend to take a few minutes - up to 20 minutes to start 'feeling' it, most people who have been smoking for a while will feel it instantly), you can literally be listening to the song as you inhale and begin to hear all of the instruments begin to separate out from themselves. Suddenly it all sounds way better.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-20-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I love Doritos.
    I do too. GMO corn and whatever other chemicals they use have kept me from eating them for years.

Doing business The Grateful Dead way

The Grateful Dead was famous for letting their fans tape their live shows. I remember being on a flight to Vegas from Seattle with a planeload of Deadheads and the guy next to me had a suitcase full of live concert tapes that he had recorded with each tape meticulously labeled with the concert date and location.

The Dead recognized that allowing fans to record for free widened their audience and the band became one of the most profitable groups in history. The band’s lyricist, John Perry Barlow, went on to become an Internet guru.

Barlow wrote in Wired in 1994 that in the information economy, “the best way to raise demand for your product is to give it away.” He explained to Joshua Green of the Atlantic: “What people today are beginning to realize is what became obvious to us back then–the important correlation is the one between familiarity and value, not scarcity and value. Adam Smith taught that the scarcer you make something, the more valuable it becomes. In the physical world, that works beautifully. But we couldn’t regulate [taping at] our shows, and you can’t online. The Internet doesn’t behave that way. But here’s the thing: if I give my song away to 20 people, and they give it to 20 people, pretty soon everybody knows me, and my value as a creator is dramatically enhanced. That was the value proposition with the Dead.”
    http://archive.mises.org/11689/doing...eful-dead-way/

Secrets of the Most Successful Touring Band of All Time
    By Doug French

"There are a lot of Deadheads in finance," claims CNBC's big-government cheerleader and economics reporter Steve Liesman. On the financial network's website, he relates a story about having "really good seats at a Dead show once, and I was never so recognized because of all the Wall Street guys had all the upfront tickets to the show. They were as surprised to learn that I was a Deadhead as much as I was surprised that they were Deadheads."

The uninitiated wouldn't associate the Grateful Dead with finance or commerce or business practices of any sort. But this impossible-to-categorize, San Francisco Bay–area band is, in its various iterations, the most successful touring band of all time.

By no means the best instrumentally or vocally, the band built its success on an approach to the music business that was 180 degrees from their competitors. While other bands posted signs at the entrances to concert venues saying, "Recording and photography of tonight's performance is strictly prohibited," the Grateful Dead encouraged fans to record their concerts and shoot pictures of the show.

I remember flying from Seattle to Las Vegas, the night before a Dead show, with a plane full of Deadheads. The guy next to me said he was "Jonesin' for some Hornsby" (Bruce Hornsby, who played over a hundred shows with the Dead, from 1988 until founder Jerry Garcia's death in 1995). My fellow passenger proceeded to pull down a suitcase from the overhead compartment; it was filled with cassette tapes — all labeled and sorted by concert date and location.

Did this taping hurt album sales? No. It served as free marketing for the band. And as David Meerman Scott and Brian Halligan point out in their new book, Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead: What Every Business Can Learn From the Most Iconic Band in History, the band went as far as to set up special sections for tapers in 1984. These sections were behind the band's mixing board and would form a "forest of professional-grade microphones rising to the sky."

Read the rest... http://mises.org/daily/4662

What a bunch of unproductive pot head losers.
    Last edited by mac_hine; 05-20-2013 at 05:26 PM.

While I believe people should have the right to put in their bodies whatever they so choose, it's also true that most people dull their faculties when they drink alcohol, smoke pot, or imbibe in other substances. There are exceptions of course, but this makes most people less effective at accomplishing whatever task they are trying to accomplish, while they are drunk or stoned.

But, absolutely, people should be able to destroy themselves however they wish. But, don't expect me to support the idea that getting drunk or stoned is somehow standing for liberty.
    I can't really condone it, as I do believe poisoning one's own body is a sin (Although certainly that is no reason to make it illegal) but I think smoking pot CAN be standing up for liberty if its an act of civil disobedience.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast