Thread: Majority of public pools are contaminated by poop

Majority of public pools are contaminated by poop

There's poop in public pools, according to a new report.

Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found genetic material from E. coli bacteria in 58 percent of public pools they tested during the summer of 2012.

This shows that "swimmers frequently introduced fecal material into pools," which could spread germs to other people, the researchers wrote in their report. E. coli bacteria are normally found in the human gut and feces.

They also found genetic material from bacteria called Pseudomonas aeruginosa, whichcan cause skin rashes and ear infections, in 59 percent of pools.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...#ixzz2TYSnuSWD

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not always candy bars

Duh - public pools are a moronic idea, the only way to make them remotely "safe" is to douse them in so much chlorine that the chlorine itself becomes the greater hazard.

There's no cure to this short of having a more decent public, which ain't going to happen anytime soon.

But...but...Chlorine is a disinfectant what's the problem? I would be more concerned about my kids swimming in a chlorinated pool than I would be that poopy is in it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Eagles' Wings

When I first looked at the thread title I thought it said, "Public schools are full of poop". I'd like to avoid both!

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    When I first looked at the thread title I thought it said, "Public schools are full of poop". I'd like to avoid both!
    ROFLMAO! Yeah you're right!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Meh, and almost every lake in my area has signs posted to beware of swimmers itch caused by exposure to the bacteria in Goose poop. You just can't get away from poop in any decent warm water swimming area. Of course, you'll probably be fine in the rivers, but these damn glacial melt rivers in my area are frigid. Real risk of hypothermia. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As for the chlorine, be smart, don't drink it. Hell, for that matter, don't drink the poopy water. Seriously, your skin is designed to protect you, but inhalation, and ingestion of bacterias or chemicals is just dumb.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Don't eat the brown trout
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I mean, realistically, how could it not be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I mean, realistically, how could it not be the case?

Is it not a realistic expectation that people wash their arses?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Is it not a realistic expectation that people wash their arses?
    Once you get up to a large enough number of people, no, not really.

Also, wouldn't just farting in the pool contaminate it with poop?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Once you get up to a large enough number of people, no, not really.

Also, wouldn't just farting in the pool contaminate it with poop?
    Only if your arse is crusted with $#@!e.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Only if your arse is crusted with $#@!e.
    I don't think so. I mean it's there in your rectum.

Isn't this the reason not all farts smell the same? It's not just methane that you're smelling. It's shrapnel.

The way things have been lately, I'm starting to think the majority of everything is contaminated with poop.

It's a poopocracy.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Life has risks..Danger lurks,, Fear everything.

Poop in pools,, Terrorists in the streets.. boogieman in the bushes.

Hide,,Hide your wife, hide your kids.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

When I jump off the diving board I like to curl up into the fecal position.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eagles' Wings

Great humor. I grew up with brothers. Love it!

I wonder if pool-pooping would be a good addendum to the poop-2.0 curriculum.

It would be fantastic to squat in a jacuzzi and do your business.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

You think the public pool is bad, trying swimming in a lake or an ocean.
    Rand Paul 2016

Right now, every single one of us can find a wealth of coprophagia videos in under 5 minutes. If anything was going to make someone sick from poop, that's going to be your best bet... yet we have not even an urban legend about these sickos having health problems.
    I'm not overly worried about a pool.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I have a pool. Less poop in a private pool and much less chlorine is needed.