Thread: Each Soldier Injured in Iraq and Afghanistan Costs an Average of $2 Million

Each Soldier Injured in Iraq and Afghanistan Costs an Average of $2 Million

Each Soldier Injured in Iraq and Afghanistan Costs an Average of $2 Million
    http://reason.com/blog/2013/05/15/ea...raq-and-afghan

The Fiscal Times is reporting that the long-term medical care for each of the 866,181 soldiers injured in Iraq and Afghanistan will cost an average of $2 million. The Department of Veteran Affairs expects to spend $6.9 billion this year and $7.6 billion next year.

From The Fiscal Times:

For every one of the 866,181 soldiers officially counted injured casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan, the government is expected to spend some $2 million in long-term medical cost.

The total of $1.7 trillion is based on a widely cited March 2013 paper by Linda Bilmes at Harvard’s Kennedy School. It includes $800 billion already spent on injured veterans along with the cost of long-term care for an additional 50,000 current casualties counted by the Pentagon.

Since 2001, the VA has spent $134.3 billion to care for veterans. VA spokesperson Genevieve Billia said the department does not produce cost estimates over decades, but that the VA “plans to spend $6.9 billion in 2013, $7.6 billion in 2014 and $8.0 billion in 2015.”
    Perhaps those who are not convinced by the moral, diplomatic, or political arguments against our military adventures abroad might have their opinion swayed when the long-lasting economic effects of such adventures are considered.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "This war will cost $10 Billion, tops." - 2001 propaganda

Am I getting that right?
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    "This war will cost $10 Billion, tops." - 2001 propaganda

Am I getting that right?

Oil will pay for the war.......
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    Oil will pay for the war.......
    In the mean time, tax payers are paying $400 per gallon for gas in Afghan freedom war that Obama's puppet masters escalated only to come to same station years later.

The moronic argument that Obama had used was that he wanted to ratchet up the war so there can be peace negotiations with the insurgents. The peace prize winner probably had never read history of Afghanistan.

If you could go back in time to 2002 and show some Republicans this article and say that it is from 2013, when a Democrat will be in his second term in the White House, describing how the 816k casualties from Iraq and Afghanistan will cost $1.7 trillion, do you STILL think most of them would be arguing to go to war??

You know what, forget it, I don't even think I want to know the answer to that question.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If you could go back in time to 2002 and show some Republicans this article and say that it is from 2013, when a Democrat will be in his second term in the White House, describing how the 816k casualties from Iraq and Afghanistan will cost $1.7 trillion, do you STILL think most of them would be arguing to go to war??

You know what, forget it, I don't even think I want to know the answer to that question.
    I would hope not.....

Yes. War is the health of The State. And the GOP is a long time War Party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Of course they will and there are so called liberty lovers on this forum who still want to go wipe out all brown people from this world.

That aside, how much are the injured women and children of these wars costing the US?