Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Political targeting of conservative groups by IRS went further than tea party/Patriot grou

The details emerged from disclosures to congressional investigators by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. The findings, which were reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, don't make clear who came up with the idea to give extra scrutiny to the conservative groups. (*)

The inspector general's office has been conducting an audit of the IRS's handling of the applications process and is expected to release a report this week. The audit follows complaints last year by numerous tea-party and other conservative groups that they had been singled out and subjected to excessive and inappropriate questioning. Many groups say they were asked for lists of their donors and other sensitive information.

On Sunday, a government official said the report will note that IRS officials told investigators that no one outside the IRS was involved in developing the criteria the agency now acknowledges were flawed.

On Friday, Lois Lerner, head of the IRS tax-exempt-organizations division, said the agency was "apologetic" for what she termed "absolutely inappropriate" actions by lower-level workers. She said those workers had selected some conservative groups for extra scrutiny to determine whether their applications should be approved. She said they had picked groups for extra scrutiny according to whether they had "tea party" or "patriot" in their names, among other criteria.
    (*) It's not hard to put 2 plus 2 together and connect dots. Come on now. This really sounds like the IRS jumping on the DHS/SPLC agenda.
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Surrrrrrr it's just a mistake! THAT'S JUST ANOTHER PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT LIE.
    YOU DON'T GO AFTER SOME ONE WITHOUT DELIBERATION. Lee Harvy Oswald made a mistake too.
    He got caught! That's the same mistake these Gestapo jerks made.

Wake up people. These jerks do not make mistakes other than getting caught.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How long before they start using intel from emails and shopping records to target you for audits?

Donating to CFL? Audit.

Buying ammo? Audit.

It's coming, if it's not already here.

I've donated to RP 2012(plus volunteer work handing out flyers) AND to LRC. I'm a brazen criminal. /anticipates IRS goons breaking down door and shooting dog
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 05-13-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by peteg View Post
    That's a bit lame.
    Because if you let them get away with this then they will up the antie.
    Fluffy is doomed!
    Not my Fluffy! She's protected by an angry white guy with alotta guns. As she sits next to me happily gnawing on her cow hoof thing (yuck)!
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

^ What Ron said.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

just imagine when they have control over your health care access.
    oppose the state? no medical treatment.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Banned

Blog Entries
    Update: Pro-Publica - a self professed watch dog group - admits that the IRS released confidential information on conservative groups to them. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...to-propublica/

The irony here is ridiculously thick.

Even John did a great job covering this.
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...-into-darkness
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    But it was just a mistake. They said they are sorry. Do you really want someone to go to prison for making a mistake? WHO among us might not have made the same mistake. Let's not cast stones. In fact just being honest, given the nature of the agency, I'm thinking a small bonus. At the least a bonus and a lateral shift. Perhaps, ATF?
    A mistake my ass!! But I'll go along with you. Give him a nice new cell and as a bonus add bars and a new suit with stripes! I'll throw in a neck tie. Brand new silk rope.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    How long before they start using intel from emails and shopping records to target you for audits?

Donating to CFL? Audit.

Buying ammo? Audit.

It's coming, if it's not already here.
    Don't think it isn't here. It's just not above water yet.
    I lost my home in a fire.
    I was audited until nose bleed.
    I was told my prices for items lost were way too high.
    Told to list them in fair market price.
    Was told that fair market price is what Salvation Army would give me as a deduction price if I
    donated the items to them. RIIIGGGHHHT!
    Also worked over a month putting together my inventory on insurance forms that I went to the Houston IRS office and asked if these forms were OK. Really didn't want to do it twice. I was assured my insurance forms would be accepted by the IRS.
    When I filed them I was told the forms are NOT acceptable and that I would have to make copies of the form provided.
    On that very form handed to me by the same Goon who told me what fair market prices was, there was a two line written description of fair market price as a note on the bottom.
    Believe me it didn't say one damned thing about the Salvation Army!
    By the way, that Goon's name is, "SUSAN CRITENDON"
    I'll never forget what a jerk she is.,
    Last edited by peteg; 05-20-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: left out words to make sense

IRS expansion bump...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I miss sailing...anybody know where she is?
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12