Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political targeting of conservative groups by IRS went further than tea party/Patriot grou

Political targeting of conservative groups by IRS went further than tea party/Patriot grou

groups (because I guess that would have been just fine?)

WASHINGTON—The Internal Revenue Service's scrutiny of conservative groups went beyond those that had "tea party" or "patriot" in their names—as the agency admitted Friday—to also include ones that raised concerns over government spending, debt or taxes, and even ones that lobbied to "make America a better place to live," according to new details of a government probe.

The investigation also revealed that a high-ranking IRS official knew as early as mid-2011 that conservative groups were being inappropriately targeted—nearly a year before then-IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman told a congressional committee the agency wasn't targeting conservative groups.

The new disclosures are likely to inflame a widening controversy over IRS handling of dozens of applications by tea-party, patriot and other conservative groups for tax-exempt status.

The details emerged from disclosures to congressional investigators by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. The findings, which were reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, don't make clear who came up with the idea to give extra scrutiny to the conservative groups.
    more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...998004528.html
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well that makes sense, the IRS does not want America to be a better place to live, just poorer , less Liberty .

Ban everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ban everything.
    Can we start with the IRS, please?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ban everything.

I'm just glad they admitted their mistake and offered an apology. If they had come on property and thrown my handcuffed family to the floor while shooting 'fluffy', the household dog that wouldn't hurt a fly, in the head in front of the children then I would be appeased by this. Hey, what's the big deal with a tax audit. If ya got nothing to hide.................

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm just glad they admitted their mistake and offered an apology.
    I want the IRS Commissioner to go to federal prison.

Banned

Blog Entries
    I saw Mark Levin claiming it all started with him.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    But it was just a mistake. They said they are sorry. Do you really want someone to go to prison for making a mistake? WHO among us might not have made the same mistake. Let's not cast stones. In fact just being honest, given the nature of the agency, I'm thinking a small bonus. At the least a bonus and a lateral shift. Perhaps, ATF?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But it was just a mistake. They said they are sorry.
    The IRS is pure evil and criminal. And being "sorry" doesn't mean that their "mistake" wasn't a violation of the law or malicious negligence. I can only think of the innocent folks who routinely have their doors kicked in and their property seized at gunpoint, only to discover later that there was no tax infraction yet no restitution forthcoming. Lives shattered without a care in the world.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-12-2013 at 11:27 PM.

I'm just glad they admitted their mistake and offered an apology. If they had come on property and thrown my handcuffed family to the floor while shooting 'fluffy', the household dog that wouldn't hurt a fly, in the head in front of the children then I would be appeased by this. Hey, what's the big deal with a tax audit. If ya got nothing to hide.................
    If I'm reading it right, they immediately stopped targeting tea parties and patriot groups when told to in 2011 and instead targeted those who want more to learn about the constitution or want to talk about improving the country....

did I read that wrong?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Basically if you might seem like you would criticize the government....The tax man is going to show up....

Another way to silence the voices...

I was audited for the first time in my life shortly after I made donations to the Ron Paul campaign. I was trying to get a small business going at the time and I wasn't making money. After they started the audit, I decided to go back to working for someone else. It took about a year for them to come to a conclusion. I can't prove it, but I suspect the donations might have had something to do with it. Would be interesting to know how many Ron Paul supporters were audited during this time period.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    If I'm reading it right, they immediately stopped targeting tea parties and patriot groups when told to in 2011 and instead targeted those who want more to learn about the constitution or want to talk about improving the country....

did I read that wrong?
    I was being sarcastic. I had thought I had been on these forums long enough that people would know this.

The IRS is pure evil and criminal. And being "sorry" doesn't mean that their "mistake" wasn't a violation of the law or malicious negligence. I can only think of the innocent folks who routinely have their doors kicked in and their property seized at gunpoint, only to discover later that there was no tax infraction yet no restitution forthcoming. Lives shattered without a care in the world.
    Understood. As most should know through my posting history. I'm getting the over what I perceive to be real questioning of my known positions. lol.

The IRS have - IMO - by virtue of comparison become something of pussycats. We're inundated with stories about swat teams, TSA, cops with tanks, DEA, but has the IRS kept up with the thuggery escalation? Or have they wisely kept this outsourced to the other agencies?

I was being sarcastic. I had thought I had been on these forums long enough that people would know this.
    I knew you were being sarcastic, I literally am having a hard time believing they thought they had 'solved' the problem by targeting those who want to teach the Constitution, instead...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post
    The IRS have - IMO - by virtue of comparison become something of pussycats. We're inundated with stories about swat teams, TSA, cops with tanks, DEA, but has the IRS kept up with the thuggery escalation? Or have they wisely kept this outsourced to the other agencies?
    They have a military arm too, lots of ammo too.

They can just shoot you with your own hard earned money ....

Everyone has a military arm Dept of education too .

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I knew you were being sarcastic, I literally am having a hard time believing they thought they had 'solved' the problem by targeting those who want to teach the Constitution, instead...
    I have not a hard time to be given with this regards. The IRS has been used before. They are used now. They will be used again.

Understood. As most should know through my posting history. I'm getting the over what I perceive to be real questioning of my known positions. lol.
    Sorry for my knee jerk pontificating in the face of sarcasm that I was too dimwitted to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty2897 View Post
    I was audited for the first time in my life shortly after I made donations to the Ron Paul campaign. It took about a year for them to come to a conclusion.
    Nice. A year. Should have been a few days if they were competent and forthright. We should have a law requiring the individual authorizing the audit to have a written reason and why a particular case is a priority.

You are a nicer person than I.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Cool, stop paying taxes and when they come to your house just say

"oh, Im sorry, I forgot, but I meant to pay, so we are good right? what difference does it make?" LOL

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I saw Mark Levin claiming it all started with him.
    I heard him talking about that. Interestingly enough this morning, Glenn Beck was claiming to have been the one who started it. This is going to be fun to watch.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

That this won't end in firings and prison sentences, let alone the impeachment of the president, says volumes about the absurdity we as a people are willing to accept.

I'm just happy that they'll be controlling Obamacare. What could go wrong with that?

Nice. A year. Should have been a few days if they were competent and forthright. We should have a law requiring the individual authorizing the audit to have a written reason and why a particular case is a priority.
    How about a written reason why their job should even exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

That's a bit lame.
    Because if you let them get away with this then they will up the antie.
    Fluffy is doomed!

Nicer than I as well.
    I was thinking something along the line of a six man/woman squad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast