Thread: Open mike reveals N.J. senators’ contempt for gun owners, confiscation goal

Open mike reveals N.J. senators’ contempt for gun owners, confiscation goal

http://www.examiner.com/article/open...fiscation-goal

A microphone left on after the gavel fell at a New Jersey Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee hearing Thursday shows the “true view” of some of the senators toward gun owners, and provides proof that gun confiscation is a goal on which they agree, the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs revealed in an email to members and supporters today. The group is the official NRA state association.

“The discussion that was caught, apparently among several senators and staff, is outrageous, and reveals legislators’ true view of gun owners,” ANJRPC reports.

“The discussion appears to be among Senator Loretta Weinberg (D37), Senator Sandra Cunningham (D31), Senator Linda Greenstein (D14), and at least one member of Senate Democratic staff,” the gun group’s email explains...

"We needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate.”

"They don’t care about the bad guys. All they want to do is have their little guns and do whatever they want with them.”
    The May 9 discussion is also currently available at the committee’s website, but the gun group fears “It is possible that the official recording will be sanitized following release of this alert, and the official YouTube video could be deleted, so be sure to listen to it promptly.”

That the legislators have utter contempt for the Second Amendment and its proponents is obvious. Also clear is they have provided an irrefutable rebuttal to anti-gun activists who ridicule fears of a “slippery slope” by claiming no one wants to take guns away. Clearly, these politicians do.

ANJRPC is asking its supporters to “immediately call [609-847-3700] AND fax [609-633-7254] the Senate Majority Office, tell them you are outraged by the misguided, disparaging, and clueless comments of those pushing the anti-gun bill package, and demand that Senate Democratic leadership hold the entire package of anti-gun bills currently scheduled for consideration by the full Senate on Monday, May 13.”
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey senators, come on out to the country....

Bitches!

Senator Loretta Weinberg (D37), Senator Sandra Cunningham (D31), Senator Linda Greenstein
    Tells me all I needed to know...

Why did this not get posted in GP?

Is confiscate in reference to all guns or just assault rifles? I don't agree with an assault rifle ban, but I'm trying to give credit where credit is due.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834