Thread: Government Lab Reveals It Has Operated Quantum Internet for Over Two Years

Government Lab Reveals It Has Operated Quantum Internet for Over Two Years

Since we don't have a sub forum for SCIENCES...I'll just share this here, I suppose.

The basic idea here is that the act of measuring a quantum object, such as a photon, always changes it. So any attempt to eavesdrop on a quantum message cannot fail to leave telltale signs of snooping that the receiver can detect. That allows anybody to send a “one-time pad” over a quantum network which can then be used for secure communication using conventional classical communication.
    http://www.technologyreview.com/view...ver-two-years/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    very cool!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Not sure how useful this will be with modern networks. Intercepting messages just requires hardware in the network that reads the message, and then duplicates it and sends the copy on it's way in place of the original.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Natural Citizen, could you place this science tidbit with all its implications in the INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS & LIBERTIES forum here?