Thread: If internet sales are taxed

If internet sales are taxed

ideas , if i buy silver/gold coins on the internet will the sale be taxed , ebay has changed their commission on sales to 10% with a $250 max , so on a $2000 sale they rake $200 , on a $5000 sale they get $250 , plus the 2.9% paypal on the total .

i sold for a friend of mine a gold coin $4100 , ebay took $250 , pp took about $120 , he has more to sell , the next time we will put 4 coins on together , should go for arount 10k , ebay will still only get $250 , if singles ebay would get $1000 .

so the question remains , will coin sales be taxed by these ah's .

we all know gold/silver is money , can currency be taxed , like if i buy japanese yen on ebay will the sale be taxed .
    Last edited by ILUVRP; 05-08-2013 at 09:24 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Virginia senate already passed this crap. Now it's up to the House to get it stopped. It's not looking good in my state.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Use bitcoin

anyone who wants to start planning now will reap the rewards of an amazon like bitcoin market for goods to be sold anonymously

There is a reason ebay is working to stop this bill. Don't forget that in most states, you have to pay capita gains or income tax on gold when you sell it. Then you are supposed to do the same for the federal government.

Look on the bright side, this is another reason for people to join the Free State Project and move to New Hampshire People will no longer have the excuse that they can just become an Amazon Prime user and buy all of their stuff on Amazon, tax free.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 05-08-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I guess to me it never seemed really smart to clump all together in a small location so that the government can just pick a bunch of dissenters up in one swell swoop.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I guess to me it never seemed really smart to clump all together in a small location so that the government can just pick a bunch of dissenters up in one swell swoop.
    decentralization just seems to work

I will no longer buy anything on the net if I have to pay tax.

I agree. But Ron Paul has like a million voters. The FSP is just asking for 20,000 of them to move to NH. Well, it wants folks that are willing to do more than vote 1 Ron Paul wants, but I think you get what I mean.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    Use bitcoin

anyone who wants to start planning now will reap the rewards of an amazon like bitcoin market for goods to be sold anonymously
    Most people don't trust bitcoin as of right now its just a novelty. I see bitcoin similar to myspace prior to facebook. Something will have to cause a tectonic shift in my opinion to go to a computer based currency.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I will no longer buy anything on the net if I have to pay tax.
    Technically, I suspect you're probably already required to pay the tax. I think that if you look, your state likely already has a law saying that the residents owe taxes on things they buy from out of state.

These taxes already exist - it is just that the states are powerless to collect it. This makes it the responsibility of out of state retailers to collect taxes from you on behalf of your state.

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    Use bitcoin

Not sure how it can stay anonymous when the seller has to obtain a shipping address.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Most people don't trust bitcoin as of right now its just a novelty. I see bitcoin similar to myspace prior to facebook. Something will have to cause a tectonic shift in my opinion to go to a computer based currency.
    yeah, and that's okay. also, if you don't want to leave deposits in your bitcoin wallet , convert some fed notes for bitcoin and purchase immediately

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Not sure how it can stay anonymous when the seller has to obtain a shipping address.

Sellers have ratings, and it currently works for illicit drugs. That's not to say a honeypot couldn't be developed - but it seems to be working fine at the moment.
    Last edited by ninepointfive; 05-08-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Historical perspective:

According to family history, when his revolutionary colleagues told him “we must all hang together,” Penn responded, “If you do not, gentlemen, I can tell you that you will be very apt to hang separately.”

- "lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania, Richard Penn, grandson of William Penn"
    (often attributed to Ben Franklin - that's how good it is)

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Technically, I suspect you're probably already required to pay the tax. I think that if you look, your state likely already has a law saying that the residents owe taxes on things they buy from out of state.

These taxes already exist - it is just that the states are powerless to collect it. This makes it the responsibility of out of state retailers to collect taxes from you on behalf of your state.
    That is likely true, but it only shows up if I buy something from someone in my state , net , catalog etc.Mostly , everything I buy is from the Hardware Store, Farm Store , the Mrs has a ( business )tax ID # and I am tax exempt , then there are auctions , yard sales , garage sales , the grocer and I pay no tax there, I pay no tax @ the local coin shop ( he does pay it though).I buy things from other local Farmers , cash , no tax there . My tax , other than payroll , property , license / plating, phone, , electric , gas , natural gas , I imagine ,would just be my purchases @ the Dollar Store. I wish to "donate" as little as possible over the 13K or so and the others that they already screw me for .

I sell a complete, (practically )line of food , I charge no tax ......

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are used good transactions between two non-business parties supposed to be taxed? i.e. if you buy a used lawn mower (or gold coin) from your neighbor-- or off of craigslist--, are you supposed to pay sales tax? If not, I would think Ebay would have the means to prevent the implementation of sales tax on like-transactions, as long as one of the parties isn't a business.

If you go to a coin shop and buy collector coins or bills, which are currency, you do pay a sales tax. So I would expect the states to tax online currency sales the same when this is implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Are used good transactions between two non-business parties supposed to be taxed? i.e. if you buy a used lawn mower (or gold coin) from your neighbor-- or off of craigslist--, are you supposed to pay sales tax? If not, I would think Ebay would have the means to prevent the implementation of sales tax on like-transactions, as long as one of the parties isn't a business.
    It depends. You would have to pay state and federal capital gains or income taxes if you sold the coin for more than you paid for it, though. Well, some states don't tax it but most do.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 05-09-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post

If you go to a coin shop and buy collector coins or bills, which are currency, you do pay a sales tax. So I would expect the states to tax online currency sales the same when this is implemented.
    The IRS views barter as something to be taxed.
    http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc420.html

States view garage sales and casual sales as taxable depending on the state.
    Last edited by kpitcher; 05-09-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Lets see... 10% to ebay 2% to paypal and another 8% to the government... 20% fee to buy gold bars through ebay.

or 5% to bitinstant.com and bitcoins to coinabul.com; gold in the mail box.

Seems like a no brainer.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...