Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Police Chief Responds to Adam Kokesh's Planned Armed March

DC Police Chief Responds to Adam Kokesh's Planned Armed March

The District of Columbia’s police chief said Tuesday officers would arrest marchers who plan to openly carry rifles into the city in violation of District law.

“Passing into the District of Columbia with loaded firearms is a violation of the law and we’ll have to treat it as such,” Metropolitan Police Department Chief Cathy Lanier said on NewsChannel
    Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...est-91022.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Mere mundanes Passing into the District of Columbia with loaded firearms is a violation of the law and we’ll have to treat it as such,” Metropolitan Police Department Chief Cathy Lanier said on NewsChannel
    Fixed it.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Were we all expecting nothing to go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SkepticalMetal View Post
    wrong?
    this was expected.

I love it when a plan comes together.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

DC's law is in violation of the law, and will be treated as such...
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

The being arrested part was expected, so that's not really 'wrong'. It goes wrong if someone opens fire.

Quote Originally Posted by mczerone View Post
    DC's law is in violation of the law, and will be treated as such...
    someone needs to state this in press release.
    d.c. laws violates the constitution. the d.c. police will be acting contrary to the constitution.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    wrong?
    this was expected.

I love it when a plan comes together.
    ...Yeah, but the point is that there are so many ways this could go wrong and backfire that it inherently makes the whole thing a bad idea. The first part of where it's bad is where the cops come in - when they decide to intervene (and if there are 1000 or over then they might justify calling in the National Guard) - there is a substantial possibility that it could turn into a bloodbath. Regardless of whether or not that actually happens, the Media would most likely spin it in every way they can. If nothing serious happens, they could easily paint it as a bunch of "kooky old farts with guns" who aren't for "progressive" ideals. If something serious DOES happen, then they will be easily able to make it look like the gun-marchers brought it upon themselves, were threatening "national security," starting a violent insurrection, trying to eliminate good old American freedoms, trying to harm police officers...etc. Long story short, whatever there is to gain from this is microscopic, but what there is to lose is so massive that it's borderline absurdist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    adam has a chance with media attention to ask the question, why doesn't the 2nd amendment apply to d.c.?

...Yeah, but the point is that there are so many ways this could go wrong and backfire that it inherently makes the whole thing a bad idea. The first part of where it's bad is where the cops come in - when they decide to intervene (and if there are 1000 or over then they might justify calling in the National Guard) - there is a substantial possibility that it could turn into a bloodbath. Regardless of whether or not that actually happens, the Media would most likely spin it in every way they can. If nothing serious happens, they could easily paint it as a bunch of "kooky old farts with guns" who aren't for "progressive" ideals. If something serious DOES happen, then they will be easily able to make it look like the gun-marchers brought it upon themselves, were threatening "national security," starting a violent insurrection, trying to eliminate good old American freedoms, trying to harm police officers...etc. Long story short, whatever there is to gain from this is microscopic, but what there is to lose is so massive that it's borderline absurdist.
    Please present your BETTER idea to achieve more freedom.

making real, what is already reality.

Veterans not currently on active duty are not to be trusted to bear arms in DC...

But it's okay for 100 IQ police currently employed by the city...

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    “Passing into the District of Columbia with loaded firearms is a violation of the law and we’ll have to treat it as such,” Metropolitan Police Department Chief Cathy Lanier said on NewsChannel
    So when can we expect to see your officers hauled off?

How are they planning to arrest, say, 5,000 people anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    So when can we expect to see your officers hauled off?

How are they planning to arrest, say, 5,000 people anyway?
    they aren't planning on arresting anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    Okay. Education of the masses. Right now, this movement is so small of a minority that it's like a mouse in a sea of cats. Marching through DC with loaded rifles (at least I think that's what I heard) can be easily crushed, spinned, and ultimately destroyed. As an anarcho-capitalist I hold the TSA to be, by default, tyrannical, however this doesn't mean I protest every time I want to fly. This may be viewed as "exercising your freedom" (and it is) but with the gang of thieves in power, it's just plain fatuous. To bring about real change takes an academic revolution, not an armed one.

Okay. Education of the masses. Right now, this movement is so small of a minority that it's like a mouse in a sea of cats. Marching through DC with loaded rifles (at least I think that's what I heard) can be easily crushed, spinned, and ultimately destroyed. As an anarcho-capitalist I hold the TSA to be, by default, tyrannical, however this doesn't mean I protest every time I want to fly. This may be viewed as "exercising your freedom" (and it is) but with the gang of thieves in power, it's just plain fatuous. To bring about real change takes an academic revolution, not an armed one.

this isn't to overthrow the government. this is to assert the right to bare arms.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    write strongly worded letters to your Rep...march around with protest signs..(in the designated areas of course)...call in to talk shows...pound your fist on your keyboard...

see..lots of other stuff to do besides what Adam is proposing...i mean, somebody might get hurt, and then we all become slaves to the State...uh-huh uh huh uh huh..

they aren't planning on arresting anyone.
    Refer to Kent State

Ruby Ridge

Waco

Dorner

Etc..

this isn't to overthrow the government. this is to assert the right to bare arms.
    ...You just missed my point entirely.

Yup, Kokesh is gonna end up in jail. Hopefully he gets out before Rand becomes president. Probably not, though. Rand might have to pardon him.

...You just missed my point entirely.
    your point is, you think there are better ways.
    there may be, you should go do them.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Yup, Kokesh is gonna end up in jail. Hopefully he gets out before Rand becomes president. Probably not, though. Rand might have to pardon him.
    from a cops point of view, this event will be a sign of disrespect. they will violate him. if they capture him, they will work him over.
    they will flail the skin off his back, put a crown of thorns on his head, and mock him.

your point is, you think there are better ways.
    there may be, you should go do them.
    Not necessarily my core point. What I was really trying to say was that this is a bad idea. A "nothing to gain, everything to lose" kind of deal.

Oh, I should go do them? Right, because I guess it's totally unethical to point out something that I think is rather pointless and subject to disaster. How hypocritical!

Its ballsy! I like it. Everyone wants to "support our troops" for supposedly protecting our "freedoms" by killing goat herders in Afganistan. Why do we not want to support these real heroes, who are willing to march through that black gates into the heart of Mordor facing almost certain death, all in the name of freedom?

It may be stupid. But at this point not standing up might be even more stupid. I know I wont dig my own grave so I can be shot in the back of the head.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not necessarily my core point. What I was really trying to say was that this is a bad idea. A "nothing to gain, everything to lose" kind of deal.

Oh, I should go do them? Right, because I guess it's totally unethical to point out something that I think is rather pointless and subject to disaster. How hypocritical!
    it gains in the same way obama winning over romney is a gain....
    the people in louisiana will be agitated by a show of federal force against open carry protestors.
    and i don't think this state is the only one.
    this event will agitate. the pigs are playing their part as expected.

the pigs could neutralize kokesh by allowing him to march around without a fuss, or even act like- they don't even know what his problem is.. he can protest all he wants. then kokesh looks like a fool and the situation dies out.
    that isn't happening is it.
    you have no rights, only the privileges granted to you by a certain jurisdiction.
    d.c. says you can't carry a firearm. therefore, you don't have the right.

that notion is false.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 05-07-2013 at 03:55 PM.

it gains in the same way obama winning over romney is a gain....
    the people in louisiana will be agitated by a show of federal force against open carry protestors.
    and i don't think this state is the only one.
    this event will agitate. the pigs are playing their part as expected.

the pigs could neutralize kokesh by allowing him to march around without a fuss, or even act like- they don't even know what his problem is.. he can protest all he wants. then kokesh looks like a fool and the situation dies out.
    that isn't happening is it.
    you have no rights, only the privileges granted to you by a certain jurisdiction.
    d.c. says you can't carry a firearm. therefore, you don't have the right.

that notion is false.
    First of all I must ask how you see Obama winning over Romney is a gain. Quit politics man...

But I suppose that if your ultimate goal is to have some sort of political revolution than things may very well turn in your favor through this. I am opposed to revolution in the political sense due to the fact that all throughout history, revolutions have simply been a matter of one gang of thieves throwing out the other. It always ends up being a pointless commotion and, in the end, accomplishes nothing. It's just a matter of history repeating itself over and over, with a new Lion taking it's place as King of the Jungle. It's never worked.

First of all I must ask how you see Obama winning over Romney is a gain. Quit politics man...
    what did the conservative movement and republican congress do during Bush's 8 years?

Romney's win would neutralize most of the opposition we have to this bull$#@! right now. It would have been disastrous. Same policies. little opposition.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 05-07-2013 at 04:08 PM.

agitation builds opposition.
    maybe you should read some history.

what did the conservative movement and republican congress do during Bush's 8 years?

Romney's win would neutralize most of the opposition we have to this bull$#@! right now. It would have been disastrous. Same policies. little opposition.
    http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/matson-k1.1.1.html

i'm not even going to click on the link. either type what you want to say, or don't bother with a response.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast