Thread: Sound Premise, Logical Extrapolation, "Inaccurate" Conclusion. "God Does Not Play Dice."

Sound Premise, Logical Extrapolation, "Inaccurate" Conclusion. "God Does Not Play Dice."

In rare deviancy from game theory, the team of developers, artists, and consultants at "Extra Credits" decided to more closely examine "faith vs. religion" after seeing comments on a previous episode ("Religion in Games") which didn't sit well with them.

As MRS knows (if he's still around!), they address questions I struggled with for a fairly long while (sometimes directly, sometimes indirectly) -- Why should I learn formulas formed from extrapolations from unprovable postulates? Why should I attempt to discover meaning when I cannot bring myself to take my perception of reality as absolute, nor believe "provable" postulates based on subjective observation as absolute evidence?

This particular episode of Extra Credits is very accessible, and while it is based on a previous two episodes which do deal with game theory, still makes points relevant to everyone -- and in a lot of cases, I think they provide extraordinary insight.

So.... hope you enjoy!

(oh, yeah -- and "hi, again!")

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And here I thought you were merely a legend.
    "The Patriarch"

Some of the points in that video were very good, some not so good. But if half of the brain-dead atheists here understood some of the things mentioned in that video, we could start to have better discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Agitatin'. (taters gon' tate?)

KLUDGE !!!!!