Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: Rand and I agree 99% on the issues

Ron Paul: Rand and I agree 99% on the issues

"We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

My new signature.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ron Paul: People Try To Drive Wedges Between Rand And Me - Geraldo 4/26/2013

Titled as found.

I pray that the many who have jump ship in regards to their support of Rand come back because we are so eternally $#@!ed otherwise come 2016.
    //////////////////

If Rand Paul runs for President in 2016,Ron Paul is going to endorse and campaign,hard,for his son.
    There are some here who are just going to have to deal with it.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Great quote for shoring up Ron Paul followers for Rand, but a bad quote for the mainstream GOP trying to warm up to Rand. Overall, won't make much of a difference.

Rand is both 99% the same on substance and 99% different on style from Ron. And that's why he's the best candidate the liberty movement has for the President of the United States.

yes well glen beck also agreed with Ron 99% of the time, it was just that pesky foreign policy that he didn't like, I'm still not 100% sold on rand's foreign policy
    but agree with it 99% of the time

I owe you a +rep, VoluntaryAmerican. It won't let me give you another one yet.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYOP View Post
    I pray that the many who have jump ship in regards to their support of Rand come back because we are so eternally $#@!ed otherwise come 2016.
    The "many" are vocal but not actually many. If the 50 million polls conducted on this site are evidence, only 10% of hardcore Ron Paul supporters aren't on board with Rand. Although Daily Paul may indicate a much higher number.

This needs to stay at the top! We cannot achieve victory if we fall for division tactics! As Franklin said, "We must hang together or we'll hang separately!"
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

This can't be. Ron Paul is the most principled politician to ever grace the U.S. Congress in American history, and Rand Paul is a backstabbing neocon sunshine patriot. All the lefty memes on Facebook and Reddit agree.

Someone sniped a low star rating but is too much of a coward to speak up since daddy has spoken.

foreign policy isn't a measly 1%....I think your numbers are skewed

Quote Originally Posted by cero View Post
    yes well glen beck also agreed with Ron 99% of the time, it was just that pesky foreign policy that he didn't like, I'm still not 100% sold on rand's foreign policy
    but agree with it 99% of the time
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Someone sniped a low star rating but is too much of a coward to speak up since daddy has spoken.
    Pathetic. Those who constantly seek to divide us against each other and attack Ron/Rand over nothing deserve likewise to be neg repped into oblivion. In the marketplace of ideas, they sell poison.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    This can't be. Ron Paul is the most principled politician to ever grace the U.S. Congress in American history, and Rand Paul is a backstabbing neocon sunshine patriot. All the lefty memes on Facebook and Reddit agree.
    I don't think anybody is being that extreme. I admit the people who won't vote for Rand are probably being naive, even if I did stupidly flirt with the idea for about 48 hours. But he's not above criticism, nor is he his dad. He's what we've got though. Rand '16.

You can ALL find something to neg rep in there...

Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollsouls View Post
    foreign policy isn't a measly 1%....I think your numbers are skewed
    Rand is still close, but yeah, its not 1%. Sanctions are a reasonably big deal. At least he opposes real wars though (Sorry Ron, Sanctions AREN'T an act of war even though they're as stupid a crap) I'm still gonna vote for Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    Pathetic. Those who constantly seek to divide us against each other and attack Ron/Rand over nothing deserve likewise to be neg repped into oblivion. In the marketplace of ideas, they sell poison.
    Neg rep this... Rand Paul isn't as pure as his dad, although I still support him.

I appreciate Ron for being generous to his son, but frankly, he's just being humble here. He's wrong.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Freedom Fanatic,

Think of what your saying, that Ron is being humble and wrong about his own son. Your implying his son is greater than his own ideals that he has fought for consistently for decades. If that were so, then your saying Ron is selling out. Your dragging Ron in the mud by your own implications here. I know thats not your intention however.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    Freedom Fanatic,

Think of what your saying, that Ron is being humble and wrong about his own son. Your implying his son is greater than his own ideals that he has fought for consistently for decades. If that were so, then your saying Ron is selling out. Your dragging Ron in the mud by your own implications here. I know thats not your intention however.
    I acknowledge I might be wrong, and I don't think Ron is lying. Honestly, I think he's just naturally a humble man and understates himself. I think half of it is that, and half of it is that Rand is more libertarian than he's showing publicly.

I can't blame the man for wanting to help his son though. Rand is a pretty darn good candidate, all things considered. The reality, however, is that he does NOT agree with Ron publicly 99% of the time. That's just too generous, at least IMO. I don't think he's purposely telling a lie though.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I don't think anybody is being that extreme. I admit the people who won't vote for Rand are probably being naive, even if I did stupidly flirt with the idea for about 48 hours. But he's not above criticism, nor is he his dad. He's what we've got though. Rand '16.

You can ALL find something to neg rep in there...

Rand is still close, but yeah, its not 1%. Sanctions are a reasonably big deal. At least he opposes real wars though (Sorry Ron, Sanctions AREN'T an act of war even though they're as stupid a crap) I'm still gonna vote for Rand.

Neg rep this... Rand Paul isn't as pure as his dad, although I still support him.

I appreciate Ron for being generous to his son, but frankly, he's just being humble here. He's wrong.

I acknowledge I might be wrong, and I don't think Ron is lying. Honestly, I think he's just naturally a humble man and understates himself. I think half of it is that, and half of it is that Rand is more libertarian than he's showing publicly.

I can't blame the man for wanting to help his son though. Rand is a pretty darn good candidate, all things considered. The reality, however, is that he does NOT agree with Ron publicly 99% of the time. That's just too generous, at least IMO. I don't think he's purposely telling a lie though.
    Hey man and that's like your opinion.

I don't think disagreeing with Rand is a big deal... I disagree with Rand on things. The problem for me is people who have been purposefully personally attacking Rand and dragging his name through the mud... Those people deserve some neg rep IMHO.
    Last edited by VoluntaryAmerican; 04-26-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Hey man and that's like your opinion.

I don't think disagreeing with Rand is a big deal... I disagree with Rand on things. The problem for me is people who have been purposefully personally attacking Rand and dragging his name through the mud... Those people deserve some neg rep IMO.
    I don't know if you hold me in that group or not. But yeah, what I posted is my opinion and feel free to disagree. If Ron had said they agreed the majority of the time, I wouldn't object to that at all. "99%" may well have been a high number for hyperbolic effect as well. Ron and Rand usually agree, it just seems like more than 1% of the time to me. Off the top of my head...

Rand is still talking about "Saving" social security, while Ron wants to eventually abolish it entirely.

Rand is in favor of sanctions, Ron Paul is not.

Rand seems like he might be open to military intervention in a few cases (Heritage speech) although this may have been appeasement rhetoric as he did not explicitly state he wanted to attack any given country, Ron Paul is an open, committed noninterventionist.

Ron Paul wants to legalize drugs. Rand wants to reduce sentences but he does not support legalization, at least not publicly.

Rand Paul supports a lower income tax, Ron Paul supports no income tax at all.

Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of issues Ron and Rand agree on. Rand is the best we've got, too. I just think 99% (Which may well have been hyperbole, humility, or some combination, not a "Lie" as some have accused me of accusing Ron of. Ron Paul does not lie, ever) is generous. Rand seems more like an 80% (Right) kind of guy, not a 99% right kind of guy, if you know what I'm saying. That's not an insult, 80% is still pretty darn good. How often do you think Rubio or Santorum is right? A lot less than that, A LOT. Rand is great. I just don't think he's quite the same caliber as his dad, even though Ron is extremely humble and will never toot his own horn.

Dude, Ron talked about saving social security too for those who are currently on it and those close to it. But, he stressed that other things the government did had to be cut in order for this to be possible.

Where I think you are getting confused is between when Ron would mix together his picture of the ideal and what he could actually do in the short term as President. I think it confused a lot of people.

Rand isn't making that same mistake.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 04-26-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Dude, Ron talked about saving social security too for those who are currently on it and those close to it. But, he stressed that other things the government did had to be cut in order for this to be possible.
    Yeah, I know, I disagree with Ron Paul on this too (Even though I totally understand it), but Ron Paul made it clear, in no uncertain terms, and with no real potential to misunderstand, that he eventually wanted to get rid of the program. I may have missed something with Rand, but if I recall correctly he has never said anything like this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I love Rand, he's great. On a scale of one to one hundred, if Ron is a 98 (And I wouldn't say he's 100, I don't agree with him on every single issue) Rand is probably more like an 80. That's not bad, at all. That's pretty darn good. I'm behind Rand. I have a few issues with his policies, but overall I think Rand is going to do more good for our country than bad, by a longshot. I'm still going to criticize the bad, however, even if Ron Paul is too humble to do so.

99%??

Does Rand own bitcoin
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Freedom Fanatic,

Well If you watched Ron in 07' he was speaking pure ideology, of what this country should really be like if we followed the constitution which I would bet everyone here agrees with. In 2011, he began adjusting his message towards a "plan" to get the country back in shape and balance the budget. He adjusted his "speeches" to cast a wider net to increase the numbers. What do you think Rand is now doing following this logic?

Yeah, I know, I disagree with Ron Paul on this too (Even though I totally understand it), but Ron Paul made it clear, in no uncertain terms, and with no real potential to misunderstand, that he eventually wanted to get rid of the program. I may have missed something with Rand, but if I recall correctly he has never said anything like this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I love Rand, he's great. On a scale of one to one hundred, if Ron is a 98 (And I wouldn't say he's 100, I don't agree with him on every single issue) Rand is probably more like an 80. That's not bad, at all. That's pretty darn good. I'm behind Rand. I have a few issues with his policies, but overall I think Rand is going to do more good for our country than bad, by a longshot. I'm still going to criticize the bad, however, even if Ron Paul is too humble to do so.
    I doubt Rand is going to say that, either. Because it would scare the $#@! out of a large proportion of the voting public and cause them to run away from him in droves.

What good would that do us? None. One step at a time.
    ================

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i can almost guarantee that humanity will be that much closer to an era of dark age if this political attempt fails.. the same people with the snob attitude (this guy isn't for me!) will likely be the first to duck head and hide inside a crowd when extra judicial police comes knocking, which is what i find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I doubt Rand is going to say that, either. Because it would scare the $#@! out of a large proportion of the voting public and cause them to run away from him in droves.

What good would that do us? None. One step at a time.
    I didn't even say he should, I'm just saying he didn't, and therefore I'm assuming he disagrees with Ron on the issue. You'd be right that he might not actually disagree, but I'm going by what he says. If he surprises me pleasantly, great.

Until then... I'm still voting for him but I'm not going to exaggerate him to make him look more like his dad than he actually does. I'm still on your side here, predominately. I still think electing Rand Paul is a worthwhile goal and one we should pursue.

Great statement from Ron there. I know he's not bullshitting me.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Havax View Post
    Great quote for shoring up Ron Paul followers for Rand, but a bad quote for the mainstream GOP trying to warm up to Rand. Overall, won't make much of a difference.
    Im not so sure Ron is as hated as much as he was a couple years ago. He's now retired, getting old (as are many of his haters), still can throw out some great points like this interview. Im seeing a tide change. "Hating Ron Paul" is getting old as a talking point. And it should be. The guy was f'in right about everything!

Rand is Ron 25 years ago but with political experience, and a potentially VERY formidable money and ground game behind him. I am so glad to hear Ron say this about Rand. It confirms what Ive thought all along. Ron was the lone voice in the woods for so long. Rand is already front and center.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-27-2013 at 02:56 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I don't know if you hold me in that group or not. But yeah, what I posted is my opinion and feel free to disagree. If Ron had said they agreed the majority of the time, I wouldn't object to that at all. "99%" may well have been a high number for hyperbolic effect as well. Ron and Rand usually agree, it just seems like more than 1% of the time to me. Off the top of my head...

Rand is still talking about "Saving" social security, while Ron wants to eventually abolish it entirely.

Rand is in favor of sanctions, Ron Paul is not.

Rand seems like he might be open to military intervention in a few cases (Heritage speech) although this may have been appeasement rhetoric as he did not explicitly state he wanted to attack any given country, Ron Paul is an open, committed noninterventionist.

Ron Paul wants to legalize drugs. Rand wants to reduce sentences but he does not support legalization, at least not publicly.

Rand Paul supports a lower income tax, Ron Paul supports no income tax at all.

Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of issues Ron and Rand agree on. Rand is the best we've got, too. I just think 99% (Which may well have been hyperbole, humility, or some combination, not a "Lie" as some have accused me of accusing Ron of. Ron Paul does not lie, ever) is generous. Rand seems more like an 80% (Right) kind of guy, not a 99% right kind of guy, if you know what I'm saying. That's not an insult, 80% is still pretty darn good. How often do you think Rubio or Santorum is right? A lot less than that, A LOT. Rand is great. I just don't think he's quite the same caliber as his dad, even though Ron is extremely humble and will never toot his own horn.
    Good luck achieving all these Ron things without going through the Rand phase first. Unless of course you're dumb enough to think a libertarian revolution will work.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Good luck achieving all these Ron things without going through the Rand phase first. Unless of course you're dumb enough to think a libertarian revolution will work.
    ya seriously, judging from the post-boston reaction with people strip naked waving american flag etc, people looting the street during chaos.. if recent events haven't given people a pause in thinking starting some kind of government overthrow is the best solution, i don't know what ever will. you're just gonna let a bunch of cockroaches under the rock come out of the woodwork and start ruling this lawless land. it won't turn into some anarchist paradise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast