Thread: REPORT: Libertarian Party of Indiana Convention

REPORT: Libertarian Party of Indiana Convention

http://iroots.org/2013/04/23/report-...te-convention/
    I recently had the chance to attend the 2013 Indiana Libertarian convention, it stood in rather sharp contrast to the Republican State convention that I visited in 2012. The three day gathering of libertarians was reportedly one of the largest state conventions nationally for the growing third party. I arrived at the Columbus IN. Convention Center early Saturday morning and I have to admit driving into a parking lot filled with cars plastered with Ron Paul and Gary Johnson stickers was quite enjoyable.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome. Thanks for the report. About how many people would you say were there?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the report. About how many people would you say were there?
    The count I heard was 115. Very nice turnout, some remembered when there were only 5 to 10 people at the state convention.

The Libertarian Party in that State is doing really well apparently. Their Candidate for Governor pulled 4% in the General Election. Keep it up guys! Send a guy to the State House!

I'm not going to derail this thread by being a dick but I will say that those attendees would definitely change the landscape of their state GOP if they were delegates at the state convention and helped decide leadership and such.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I'm not going to derail this thread by being a dick but I will say that those attendees would definitely change the landscape of their state GOP if they were delegates at the state convention and helped decide leadership and such.
    Some of them did, or tried to be GOP delegates in 2012 (and voted R in the primary), but were kicked by the county parties. I've met some of them. One of them had never voted before, and somehow that was used again him.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 04-25-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Is it possible to be in the GOP and the LP at the same time?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by archer1600 View Post
    The Libertarian Party in that State is doing really well apparently. Their Candidate for Governor pulled 4% in the General Election. Keep it up guys! Send a guy to the State House!
    And their US Senate candidate pulled 6%.

I'm not sure why we would want them to keep it up though. If all those people were active in GOP primaries, they could make a lot more of a difference.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Is it possible to be in the GOP and the LP at the same time?
    Indiana doesn't have party registrations. So here it's possible.