Thread: Rand Paul hearing aides

Rand Paul hearing aides

The WSJ article mentioned that Rand wears hearing aides. None of us have ever heard this before, and I've met Rand a few times and didn't notice them. Is this true? Will it have implications for 2016?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can you speak up a little?

Quote Originally Posted by zbro90 View Post
    Will it have implications for 2016?

Only if it's set to "selective" hearing.

I don't think it will have any real negative implications for 2016 and no one even knew about it until now, he's been a US senator for over 2 years. It's not like he's severely deaf, he's not handicapped because of it.

He already does well with the young vote, maybe he'll score a few points with the seniors
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Are we sure they didn't confuse Rand with Ron? I can't say I remember seeing Rand have trouble hearing someone(maybe I just don't remember them) whereas I remember a few times where Ron had trouble hearing a debate question or an interview question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Are we sure they didn't confuse Rand with Ron? I can't say I remember seeing Rand have trouble hearing someone(maybe I just don't remember them) whereas I remember a few times where Ron had trouble hearing a debate question or an interview question.
    It's in his Wikipedia. I don't think he has trouble hearing anyone now cause he's wearing the aids.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wikipedia cites the WSJ article. can't read it though - have to be subscribed. so... this has never been reported until now?

Whatever amateur is fiddling with his wiki should perhaps be vetted. The first thing I clicked on led me to this....http://www.gorandgo.com/

if they're going to do things half assed then probably best not to do it at all.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-24-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Rand should wear hearing aides even if he doesn't need 'em. Just for style & image.

Maybe he should have turned down the Aqua Buddha music.

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    Maybe he should have turned down the Aqua Buddha music.
    beat me to it lol

After decades of loud rock-n-roll and working in construction/industrial settings I suppose I should wear some too...

Nah, there's nothing I want to hear that I can't run through an amplifier.

I know one of Ron's grandsons is hearing impaired. So he learned some ASL. That's why it was so ridiculous when someone posted a photo (not here) of him flashing the ASL "I Love You" sign and people said it was an illuminati secret sign. Not a single deaf person would misinterpret that.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    If Rand has hearing loss from jamming The Who too loud, the voters will stand with him. Now if his hearing loss is a result of listening to Bryan Adams like Bush... well let's hope the voters don't get fooled again.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    If Rand has hearing loss from jamming The Who too loud, the voters will stand with him. Now if his hearing loss is a result of listening to Bryan Adams like Bush... well let's hope the voters don't get fooled again.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Yes, I caught that last night, but didn't really want to put it out there, because most of the press was missing that quote.
    Since it is in NYT it's gonna get out there sooner than later.

Unless Rand suffered his hearing loss from chainsawing live puppies, this is a non-issue.

I've never noticed hearing aides when talking and meeting with Rand.

Known that from the start. You can't see them unless you are looking for them. Hasn't affected him so far.

Rand is definitely not the only one, think of all the old farts running

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Rand is definitely not the only one, think of all the old farts running
    Most of us "old farts" walk........

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe Rush Limbaugh will embrace Rand now (in a non-Christie sort of way) as a fellow traveler in hearing loss.